Thread: Feeling like a burden to my Husband.

Texas gulf coast, and just this side of crazy

Default Feeling like a burden to my Husband.

Not counting tomorrow, our third child will be here in two weeks. I was working 2-3 days a week and was going to use my last three paychecks to cover the $1200 deposit the hospital wants. Now the place where I work hired a bunch of nurses and they don't need me right now. My last day that I have picked up is the first. My husband has told me to let him know what the shortfall will be and he will cover the rest. He already pays most of the household bills and the cattle, and I handled the groceries and the car payment. Now he'll be stuck with it all. I feel like a finacial burden to him.
    Romans 10:13 "For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" NKJV
    RIP Super Zazoo the Wonder Horse

Sounds like all of that was out of your control.
    You were planning to work and now you can't.
    Tell your DH how you feel and go get a hug.

I assume you cook, clean and take care of the kids?
    If he had to pay for that.......
    Please ask The Lord to open my daughter's heart, Thank you!

Col 3:15

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.

Almost a Christmas baby! How exciting!

Sometimes the best laid plans just don't go the way you hope but it will all work out. Years ago we knew a couple who had been very wealthy...lost it all...then started their own business and doing great again. We were just trying to stay afloat when they took us out for a lovely meal and some financial advice. I'll never forget one of his first comments to us "if money will fix it, its not really a problem". I know we do need money to get by and provide for our families but there is some truth to that comment as well.

Anyway, congratulations and I pray the Lord will give you peace of mind to enjoy your family during this time.

Texas gulf coast, and just this side of crazy

Yup I cook clean and watch the kids. He helps out alot though. I just feel bad about having to pay for everything now.
    He has also been wanting to go from being a street ( or rather highway) cop to doing commerical motor vehicle. He has talked about doing that for years. He thinks there is a slot open, and he was asked by another CMV troop to join up with them, but he told the guy that he didn't want to leave me at home with two little kids and a new baby to spend 4 months in Austin. I told him that if he wanted to do it, then he should.
    Romans 10:13 "For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" NKJV
    RIP Super Zazoo the Wonder Horse

My husband has a lot of physical problems. He is also pretty poor.

He told me he felt like a burden a lot, and I had to tell him, I married him for who he was, not what he could do or what he could give me.

I think that applies in any Christian marriage.

He did also point out I had never done anything to make him feel bad.

That's awesome that you're supporting your husband with his job like that.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Zazzy, it sounds like you are doing everything a loving, Christian wife should do! We live in a culture than downplays a woman's contribution to society when her focus is home and hearth. And we can easily think we aren't doing our share if we think of it from that perspective rather than God's. You are willing to work and you manage the home and your children. You support your husband's desires. Look at this as an opportunity to spend time with your children before the baby arrives and give them some extra cuddle time.

Blessings to you and your family!

About 2 years ago we learned that I am no longer able to hold a full time job due to my heart disease. Since I earned good money, it has been a difficult blow to us financially and me emotionally. I totally understand where you are coming from!

Just remember that our society has shifted things so two incomes are required to "live the American dream" or even just survive! Hang in there and give all those worries to the Lord. The stress of it all isn't worth compromising your health and gets you no where. I am adding you to my prayers (((hugs)))

Pray

Consider your circumstances as part of God's plan for your family ... don't worry, he will always provide

When I was a kid, I never knew my family was going through tough times b/c mom and dad never gave us the sense that we were struggling! I thought eating salsberry steaks (boil-a-bag meals) everyday for 2 weeks straight and sleeping in an ice cold bedroom was normal. Continue to show your children how blessed they are, and God will answer prayers!

God Bless!