Thread: Germany will not support Palestinian bid for nation status.

Default Germany will not support Palestinian bid for nation status.

Just breaking on Drudge that Germany will not support the Palestinian U.N. bid for nation status. I am not sure that they can stop it though can they? I understand that there are no vetoes in the process involved. I remember reading earlier that they will almost surely get what they want from the U.N. so I don't really know what the headline means.

Default No courage in Germany

Germany abstained from voting. The way I look at abstaining is you don't have the courage to vote what is right so you just hide in the corner like a scared child. England also abstained and many European Allies of Israel voted for Pal statehood. Little by little everyone is turning against Israel just as God foretold.

I'm afraid so.

Germany has always supported the "Palestinian right" to statehood like other EU states.

Europe has long supported a 2-state solution, and invested in this politically and financially (over 1 billion a year).

No need to work, EU is paying for you.

"We did not take this decision lightly. Germany shares the goal of a Palestinian state. But the decisive steps towards real statehood can only be the result of negotiations between Israelis and Palestinians. (Guido Westerwelle, German foreign minister)