Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think of prayer cloths?

If someone tells you that water, cloths, trinkets are "anointed" does that make it so? On what authority do they speak? How does their claim measure against scripture? A stranger could walk up to you and tell you that his spit is anointed. This has just about the same degree of merit... Throw it in the garbage, or use it as a rag. But don't let charlatans make you feel guilty by their claims.

I would annoint the cloth with "Srubbling Bubbles" then proceed to clean my bathtube. A job I terribly dislike. But when the soap scum is gone I will be overjoyed!

Thanks for posting this thread, I have been wondering about this myself. I saw these prayer cloths on TBN and almost got one. I've been praying for my mom to be healed for so long and they seemed to be saying that the cloth had God's spirit on it and could heal. I sure do feel stupid and naive falling for all these religious schemes I just didn't know there were so many false prophets/teachers

Quote Originally Posted by Rosedust View Post
    Thanks for posting this thread, I have been wondering about this myself. I saw these prayer cloths on TBN and almost got one. I've been praying for my mom to be healed for so long and they seemed to be saying that the cloth had God's spirit on it and could heal. I sure do feel stupid and naive falling for all these religious schemes I just didn't know there were so many false prophets/teachers
    TBN? Makes sense.

I have received both the cloth and the paper rug. I was appalled. Just another way for false teachers to fleece the flock. I'm with others--toss it and don't give it another thought.
    Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12 NIV)