Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2017

Thread: Rick Warren - Saddleback Church - Purpose Driven Merged threads

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by FreeWater View Post
    more like the repackaging of the original Purpose Drivel Lies
    I agree free water.

when I hear Rick obsessively pimp his purpose driven books,

I think he's real life version of Mr. Smith from the Matrix films (Smith was the bad guy obsessed with talking about purpose)

and what the stuff Rick has promoted and done to churches, I would say he is the real life Mr. Smith (i.e. wants to control and influence every church in america)

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Default Church of Tares: Purpose Driven, Seeker Sensitive, Church Growth & New World Order

Here's an eye opening 2 hour documentary on these heretics... and the audience just keeps lapping it up... oh my...

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    It's the 10 yr. anniversary of Purpose Driven Life.
    I remember about8 or 9 years ago a friend called me and said our church is reading a purpose driven life, it is so good, you should read it. So I went and bought it and kept thinking after each chapter... well maybe the next chapter will be better and I'll know my purpose. Nope, never happened, the most useless book I ever read. And at that time I knew nothing of all this apostacy, emergent church stuff. But I still couldn't understand what the big deal about the book was and why a pastor would have his whole church read it.

just appeared on CNN
    http://rr-bb.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2301&dateline=1357777  734
    I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
    Psalm 16:8 KJV

Default Rick Warren Uncertain if Homosexual Behavior is Sinful, Says ‘Gays’ Go to Heaven

Controversy is stirring over recent comments made by Rick Warren, author of the best-selling book The Purpose-Driven Life and megachurch leader of Saddleback Church in California, who stated that homosexual behavior “might be” sinful, and that he believes homosexuals go to Heaven.

During an interview this week with the Huffington Post, Warren was asked by Marc Lamont Hill if having romantic feelings for a member of the same sex is a sin. Leading up to the question, Warren was explaining that he does not hate homosexuals, and that people should disagree politely on the subject of homosexuality.

“I have many, many gay friends, and have worked around the world with them in gay organizations to try to stop AIDS,” he said. “We’re doing ‘World AIDS Day’ this weekend at Saddleback Church. My wife and I have given millions of dollars to help people with HIV/AIDS and have worked with gay organizations on that.”
    http://christiannews.net/2012/11/29/...-go-to-heaven/

Leading more souls to hell eh Rick? This man is such a fraud....
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

What??? Now Rick Warren is talking his apoststic views over with that communist Hill? I don't see how Warren has ANY credibility left - I'll never forget when he gave Obama a pass with his "over my paygrade" remark when Warren questioned him about abortion. Warren is a sham.

Can't believe he would say this kind of thing. Scripture is very clear on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by matt11390 View Post
    Can't believe he would say this kind of thing. Scripture is very clear on this subject.
    RW is unclear about much more Scripture, this is no surprise, just one more thing.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Rick Warren is a Joel Osteen wannabee

(i.e. will compromise for power and influence at all costs).

so sick of wimpy, compromising power hungry pastors like Warren and Osteen

Rick Warren, Dr. Oz rile the left and right over homosexuality

Pastor Rick Warren of Saddleback is making news again, this time the secular media and the Christian blogs on both sides are jumping on comments he is making about homosexuality.

I’ll let Erin Benziger over at Do Not Be Surprised start us off:

Warren Discusses Homosexuality, Says It’s Not a Sin to Love Somebody, “It Might Be a Sin to Have Sex with Them”

Wow, two Rick Warren posts in a row. Well, he is out on a publicity tour this week, so I’m happy to oblige. The following appears here at Christian Research Network:

Rick Warren, author and pastor of Saddleback Church, has in recent days been making the media rounds in promotion of the 10th anniversary of his popular book, The Purpose Driven Life. In an interview with the Huffington Post yesterday, Warren was approached regarding his views on homosexuality.

Some are arguing that the megachurch pastor appeared uncertain as to whether homosexual behavior actually is sinful.

Continue reading → http://christianresearchnetwork.org/...ior-is-sinful/

Meanwhile, Pastor Warren’s health guru and teacher/consultant for the Saddleback Daniel Plan diet is weighing in on whether anything can help gay people turn straight.

No mention of the grace of Christ or the lives that have been transformed by His love and truth were mentioned in the Oz Blog, and I’m guessing this could be problematic for Saddleback…or not:

The Reparative Therapy Controversy by Mehmet Oz, MD

On today’s controversial show, we discussed forms of therapy that are designed to turn a gay person straight. Currently, there are still a handful of therapists who still perform this on teenagers and adults who are uncomfortable with their sexual orientation – despite the fact that the American Medical Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Counseling Association, and other respected medical organizations oppose this therapy, claiming that it doesn’t work and that it may be potentially harmful…

…My biggest epiphany occurred after hearing where the opposing groups found some common ground. The guests who appeared on my show on either side of this debate agreed that entering into any therapy with guilt and self-hate is a major error. Trying to change who you are instead of loving who you are leads to broken spirits and broken hearts. Encouraging self-acceptance is the only way to help alleviate the shame experienced by those who are struggling with their sexuality – and help them reach a place where who they are matches who they want to be.

http://standupforthetruth.com/2012/1...homosexuality/

I can't believe I read his best seller a few years ago. It always annoys me how AIDS is never mentioned without mentioning homosexuality when many heterosexual people have HIV/AIDS. I have a friend who is a hemophiliac who contracted it through a blood transfusion. Unfortunately that is common since there were a few incidents of contamination of the blood supply thanks to homosexuals with HIV donating blood in the mid 90's. He can't get any medical services for HIV without going to clinics that are run almost entirely by a gay staff. His "work" with AIDS is nothing more than pandering to the homosexuals. After all, they don't have to put their offspring through college so a lot of gay couples are wealthy. Ka-ching!

Quote Originally Posted by NoProvision View Post
    I can't believe I read his best seller a few years ago. It always annoys me how AIDS is never mentioned without mentioning homosexuality when many heterosexual people have HIV/AIDS. I have a friend who is a hemophiliac who contracted it through a blood transfusion. Unfortunately that is common since there were a few incidents of contamination of the blood supply thanks to homosexuals with HIV donating blood in the mid 90's. He can't get any medical services for HIV without going to clinics that are run almost entirely by a gay staff. His "work" with AIDS is nothing more than pandering to the homosexuals. After all, they don't have to put their offspring through college so a lot of gay couples are wealthy. Ka-ching!
    The HIV/blood contact issue is a big reason I disapprove of homosexuals in the military. Soldiers get wounded, blood splatters, and others can be contaminated while trying to rescue their wounded fellow soldiers.

Take one and pass it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Watcher View Post
    The HIV/blood contact issue is a big reason I disapprove of homosexuals in the military. Soldiers get wounded, blood splatters, and others can be contaminated while trying to rescue their wounded fellow soldiers.
    I doubt they would get into the military at all if they were HIV+ and they couldn't hide the fact if they were infected post-recrutement since they would temporarily get deathly ill when the seroconversion is taking place. For me the main reason there should be no homosexuals in the military is because they are homosexuals.

Rick Warren.....

Even when he's right, he's wrong.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

I believe that homosexuals can go to Heaven as long as they sincerely repent of their lifestyle and refrain from homosexual sex. I believe that they can sincerely accept the Lord Jesus as Savior of their life but still have struggles of romantic feelings from time to time. As long as they don't act on them, as with unmarried heterosexuals, they have not sinned against God. What Rick Warren is teaching is apostasy.
    Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6

Please pray for the salvation of my son Shawn, my daughter Kari, my brother Macon, my Step-mother Marguerite, and my dad Max.

Quote Originally Posted by ><>KarateMom<>< View Post
    I believe that homosexuals can go to Heaven as long as they sincerely repent of their lifestyle and refrain from homosexual sex. I believe that they can sincerely accept the Lord Jesus as Savior of their life but still have struggles of romantic feelings from time to time. As long as they don't act on them, as with unmarried heterosexuals, they have not sinned against God. What Rick Warren is teaching is apostasy.
    I'm with you. I overheard a conversation between two people that "rang a bell". One said "all homosexuals go to hell". The other countered "No, practicing unrepentant homosexuals go to hell".
    We're human--let's face it. Stuck in our sinful bodies, lust is going to creep up on us sooner or later. It's how we act on it.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by ><>KarateMom<>< View Post
    I believe that homosexuals can go to Heaven as long as they sincerely repent of their lifestyle and refrain from homosexual sex.

I believe they can go to heaven because they have cried out to God and He has heard their cry, and He helps them in their weakness.

I know its not a whole lot different than what you meant, but I think its important to emphasize.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

The Apostacy Driven Purpose.

AKA the gay jesus.

Rick turn from the imposter. Get back into His Word.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Default Rick warren boasting about purpose driven life then discussing homosexuality & chrislam

RICK WARREN BOASTING ABOUT PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE THEN DISCUSSING HOMOSEXUALITY & CHRISLAM
    By Ken Silva pastor-teacher on Dec 13, 2012 in AM Missives, Current Issues, Features, Rick Warren

Last month in Rick Warren Begins Pushing Purpose Driven Lfe Again In Secular Media here at Apprising Ministries I reminded you once again that John Piper asked Seeker Driven pragmatist Rick Warren to be a keynote speaker for the Desiring God Conference 2010.

Ever since Piper made that choice, which in my opinion was grievous enough, we’ve seen a real resurgence of Warren; even within New Calvinist circles. Unfortunately, Piper then made the dangerous and detrimental decision to actually pronounce the sinfully ecumenical megapastor “doctrinal and sound.”

So as I said before, as Warren began his media blitz again pushing his magnum opus The Purpose Driven Life, he actually has more support backing him in Christian circles than ever before. Despite PDL’s serious and numerous doctrinal deviations,[1] this now also includes the Reformed and New Calvinist camps.

Yet sadly, Rick Warren appears well-versed in double-speak through his years of training by Leadership Network; and his “file card orthodoxy” does serve him well in the public arena. With this in mind then, I point you to Rick Warren talks about the future of evangelicalism over at BBC News Magazine.

We’re told:

Rick Warren has been one of the most influential spiritual leaders in the US. The founder of the Saddleback mega church, Warren gave the invocation at Barack Obama’s first inauguration, and his book, A Purpose-Driven Life, sold more than 30 million copies.

He talked to the BBC’s Irene Chang about the future of the evangelical movement in the US. (source)

Here’s what Rick Warren told the BBC the other day in his interview:

http://apprising.org/2012/12/13/rick...lity-chrislam/