Thread: God's sovereignty in all things

Default God's sovereignty in all things

Some things in life that seem like a problem are actually God's way of averting calamity. I was leaving for work yesterday and discovered that my gas water heater had failed and water was leaking into my garage. The pilot light was still lit, which meant the hot water heater was still still being heated despite the lack of water in it. Hot water heaters can be dangerous in this condition and I thank God that it failed while I was home to see it and shut the gas off to it. The plumber was able to replace it withing just a few hours, thank the Lord. This is just one small example of how our sovereign God prevents calamity in our lives. Was it inconvenient and expensive to replace? Yes! Was a potential calamity averted? Yes!!! We are planning to travel out of state in a couple weeks and I thank the Lord that it happened now and not then. Thank you Jesus for blessing me so much!!!! Let's all give God credit where credit is due when He graciously orchestrates events in our lives that spare us real trouble!! Thank you Jesus!!!

Thumbs up

He is so good!!

Yay!

!!! you're so right!!! Our LORD JESUS has a reason for everything in our lives. I thank JESUS for my life and the situation I'm in. I'm unemployed, but not abandoned!!! So glad for HIS 2nd coming!!! Keep praying for others, and !!!!
    There's nothing our LORD JESUS CHRIST can't do!!!!

That is such an awesome testimony! We have had similar events, that could have been catastrophes had the timing been different! Praise God!! He is so good to us!

(did I spell the long 'c' word right? My spell-check didn't catch it...but it looks weird)

I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8