Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jesus or Christ, what name do you use to refer to our saviour?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Spider View Post
    In my own private prayers, I call Him Y'shua, His jewish name. But I don't call Him that to anyone else because most people aren't familiar with that name and they would be .
    I wondered if anyone (or how many) does.

Not that the English versions are wrong, but they are the English versions.
    I accept nothing from man as truth...
    only that, One is the truth. (John 14-6)

Pre-Flood/Pre-Trib (Genesis 5-24)

I do find it funny how many people I know seem a lot more comfortable with 'God' and will rarely say 'Jesus'. Although I like plain old 'God' in its own right because emphasizing the Deity of Jesus is something the world needs a lot more of.

Personally I find the named YHWH full of incredible power and reverence. The Rock of Ages. The Ancient of Days. The Wellspring.

Lord, when I am talking to Him. Jesus knows who I am addressing. The Lord of Hosts. When I am talking to others I say Jesus and Christ. I Am, and The Word are favorites that I love to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I do find it funny how many people I know seem a lot more comfortable with 'God' and will rarely say 'Jesus'. Although I like plain old 'God' in its own right because emphasizing the Deity of Jesus is something the world needs a lot more of.

Personally I find the named YHWH full of incredible power and reverence. The Rock of Ages. The Ancient of Days. The Wellspring.
    Ancient of Days is one of my favorite titles for Him.

Mostly I use Heavenly Father, Lord, or Jesus.
    and to wait for his Son from heaven,
    whom he raised from the dead—Jesus,
    who rescues us from the coming wrath
    1 Thessalonians 1:10

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbler View Post
    I have to admit, when I hear someone refer to him as "Abba Father," it makes me wonder if God sees us as toddlers reaching toward Him and saying, "Daddy, up up!!!"
    I love the word picture of this! We truly are His little children and soon He will take us "up,up"! Come soon and save us from this sinful world, in Jesus' name I pray
    This world is not my home. I'm just passing through. If heaven's not my home, O Lord, what would I do? The angels beckon me from heaven's open door, and I can't feel at home in this world anymore."
    Complete justice for us will come only "when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels" (v. 7).

Quote Originally Posted by icebear View Post
    Lord

I refer to Him as "the Lord" most of the time. There is only one.
    I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
    For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
    no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Either Jesus or Lord. Sometimes during prayer, I refer to Him as Master.

I usually say Jesus or, most often, Lord but sometimes I'll refer to Him as Christ too. Lord and Jesus both seem more personal to me, though.
    No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:37-39

I found some really awesome Christmas cards this year.

The front has: Jesus, Prince of Peace, Savior, Everlasting Light, I AM, Wonderful Counselor, Son of God, Bread of Life, Anointed One, and my favorite, Alpha and Omega.

Inside: "In celebration of the One who is everything"

"There is none like unto thee, O Lord; Thou art great, and thy name is great in might" Jeremiah 10:6

Just a quick point, as I'm late to this thread; Jesus isn't our Father, and we have to be careful because there is a false teaching that says the Father and the Son are the same Person. If we are referring to Jesus, He does indeed have His own names, as the Son. "God" would be a correct title, but Father wouldn't be, if we are referring to the Son.

I tend to call Jesus; Jesus, Lord, or Christ.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

When speaking to Him, I usually say "Lord Jesus". But if speaking to others about Him, it's Jesus. And like some of you, I have noticed how some people seem to get uncomfortable when hearing the name Jesus. But they're ok if you mention God . I have a friend who usually refers to Him as Jehovah.

"...but thou, O Lord, art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head."
    Psalm 3:3

Lord or King Jesus. I frequently thank King Jesus throughout the day, for reminding me of something I don't want to forget, for easing my pain, for helping me carry something heavy. It just flows off the tongue naturally for countless occurrences.
    Carla

And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment. 9 The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in me.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaL48 View Post
    Lord...
    Its hard to get passed that, for me. Im still so evil inside.
    Without Him Im so doomed. Thank you, Lord. For loving me anyways...

ETA: Dagnabbit, Carla! You made me cry. And that isnt easy....
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post
    ETA: Dagnabbit, Carla! You made me cry. And that isnt easy....
    Aw, dear Hoot, we'll all hug in the clouds and the Lord will dry our tears forever.
    Carla

And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment. 9 The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in me.

Israel

Yeshua, Savior and Eliakim Son of Hilkiah are among my favorite expressions referring to Jesus.

Eliakim Son of Hilkiah = God rises Son of God my Portion.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

I call Him Jesus, Lord and Savior. Blessed be His name.
    linda

In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight

Proverbs 3.6