Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What would the Rapture feel/look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Spider View Post
    I had a thought just now....imagine millions (billions, if you include the resurrected deceased saints?) of raptured saints suddenly all together "in the clouds" assembled together with Jesus in the moment after the Rapture....what is the first reaction of all those saints going to be? One of overwhelmingly exultant joy greater than we can imagine right now. So what are we all going to do in that moment? I believe that the realisation of what has just happened is going to make all of us shout for joy at the top of our voices.

What does a crowd do at a rock concert when the performer/performers initially come on stage? They cheer very loudly and the noise almost lifts the roof. How can we not react the same way when we suddenly see Jesus right in front of us? Our collective joyful praise will be louder than any noise we have ever experienced.

So I am wondering....we are going to meet Him "in the clouds" which is in close proximity to earth....will the people left behind below hear that loud noise immediately after the Rapture and be frightened by it but have no idea what it is? It would just sound like an enormous roar to them, maybe like a roll of thunder but much louder than that.

I don't believe they'll be able to look up and see us up there so maybe they won't be able to hear anything either. But I still found that thought an interesting possibility.
    You have just painted a beautiful picture in my mind.It sounds like some of the day dream I often have.

Quote Originally Posted by ByFaithIFly View Post
    I agree you IMSAVED.As a retired Air Force pilot,when you break the sound barrier,( 748 MPH @ S/L),you leave all sound Behind you.I think that at the moment of the Rapture,all the world will hear is a giantic sonic boom.Just MHO.

It will definately be an "E-TICKET RIDE"..
    Yes,It would be nice to leave something for this unGodly world to think about. As the news man is saying"Everyone just vanished and then their was this loud sonic boom......

What would the Rapture feel/look like?
    Ever see on Nickolodeon where they dump a barrel of slime on someone.

Kind of like that, except upside-down and backwards. Where leap up into the air leaving all of your fleshy 'slime' behind.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post
    Ever see on Nickolodeon where they dump a barrel of slime on someone.

Kind of like that, except upside-down and backwards. Where leap up into the air leaving all of your fleshy 'slime' behind.
    Never thought of it like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post
    Where leap up into the air leaving all of your fleshy 'slime' behind.
    What a great thought. Never figured in just how great it would feel to be changed and leave our 'slime' behind.
    John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world

Revelation22:17 Both the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoyJoyJoy View Post
    What a great thought. Never figured in just how great it would feel to be changed and leave our 'slime' behind.
    I have alot of slimeI am very anxious to leave it all behind.

I think God delights in threads like this!! Sort of like a parent overhearing their kids excitedly talking about Christmas, God must delight in our excitement and anticipation!!!

The Rapture will feel absolutely out of this world, relief of being with our heavenly Father, caught up in the clouds to meet him with our glorious bodies. It will be so fast just blink your eyes, and it will be faster than that. We will be zapped away faster than you can say faster! The shout & sound of the trumpet will be music to our ears. I get so excited just thinking about being with Jesus in our heavenly home!
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Quote Originally Posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
    . . . The shout & sound of the trumpet will be music to our ears. I get so excited just thinking about being with Jesus in our heavenly home!
    Me, too. Hope it's soon.

-Lynn