Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions? Regarding Calvary Chapel....

Default Suggestions? Regarding Calvary Chapel....

Hi everyone,I am going to try to encourage my daughter to visit a Calvary chapel to worship.Her family and herself are now going to an Episcopal Church.Would you please take a look at this website to see if you think their doctrine is sound?I do not know if all the Calvary Chapels are sound.It looked ok to me but many of you are so much well versed than myself:They live in Vancouver,Wa.Thanks.

http://calvarychapelvancouver.com/#/about-us

all calvary chapels have to believe and teach the same doctrine or they cannot use the calvery chapel name.

All calvary chapels should be teaching the scripture verse by verse, line by line. I love my calvary chapel, I would never go anywhere else.
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

I live too far from both Calvary Chapels around here to attend but I like to watch the Fall City, Oregon Calvary Chapel's service on TV. You can also go on line and hear and see their services through their web sites. I know the Calvary Chapel in Salem, Oregon has this on their web site.

http://www.calvarychapelsalem.com/teachings.php

Our family recently left the Episcopal church and now we attend a local Calvary congregation. While it was very difficult to leave the body of people that we love so much, there was ZERO doubt in our hearts that God was telling us to get out.

I pray your daughter and her family are able to find a church home where the word is properly taught. We endured sermons that were so off base ... alarming!

Quote Originally Posted by IMSAVED View Post
    Hi everyone,I am going to try to encourage my daughter to visit a Calvary chapel to worship.Her family and herself are now going to an Episcopal Church.Would you please take a look at this website to see if you think their doctrine is sound?I do not know if all the Calvary Chapels are sound.It looked ok to me but many of you are so much well versed than myself:They live in Vancouver,Wa.Thanks.

http://calvarychapelvancouver.com/#/about-us
    I go to a Calvary myself..... unfortunately some of them are aligning themselves with people they should not..like Mark Driscoll and Rick Warren ... 2 red flags with this calvary to me.... 1) Looks like the women are using Beth Moore for their womens bible study...she is ecumencial, into mysticism, and claims Roman Catholics are our brothers and sisters in Christ....im sure there are several threads exposing Beth Moore...2nd red flag to me---i am disturbed by their "Jesus Uncensored" that flashed across the screen as their study for Matthew. it could be nothing...but it seems a bit like the tricks the seeker friendly churches uses to 'attract' people maybe they are competing with Mark Driscoll with the risque sounding title...after all Driscoll is also in washington state

Dont get me wrong....the Calvary Chapels are some of the few churches left teaching verse by verse. But not all the Calvarys are good. Pastor Chris Quintana of Calvary Chapel Cypress has been doing a series on the end time church on Fridays that have been livestreaming. Lots of good info and he may be familiar with some of the pastors from the Calvarys on the west coast if you want to get more information I highly recommend talking to emailing him. here is the thread on that http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1822...s-False-Church

and the contact info for Calvary Cypress
    http://www.calvarychapelcypress.net/contact.html

Quote Originally Posted by FreeWater View Post
    I go to a Calvary myself..... unfortunately some of them are aligning themselves with people they should not..like Mark Driscoll and Rick Warren ... 2 red flags with this calvary to me.... 1) Looks like the women are using Beth Moore for their womens bible study...she is ecumencial, into mysticism, and claims Roman Catholics are our brothers and sisters in Christ....im sure there are several threads exposing Beth Moore...2nd red flag to me---i am disturbed by their "Jesus Uncensored" that flashed across the screen as their study for Matthew. it could be nothing...but it seems a bit like the tricks the seeker friendly churches uses to 'attract' people maybe they are competing with Mark Driscoll with the risque sounding title...after all Driscoll is also in washington state

Dont get me wrong....the Calvary Chapels are some of the few churches left teaching verse by verse. But not all the Calvarys are good. Pastor Chris Quintana of Calvary Chapel Cypress has been doing a series on the end time church on Fridays that have been livestreaming. Lots of good info and he may be familiar with some of the pastors from the Calvarys on the west coast if you want to get more information I highly recommend talking to emailing him. here is the thread on that http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1822...s-False-Church

and the contact info for Calvary Cypress
    http://www.calvarychapelcypress.net/contact.html
    You mean this particular Calvary Chapel that I posted is using Beth Moore?How am I going to know that I have recommended an appropriate Calvary Chapel for my family?

You mean this particular Calvary Chapel that I posted is using Beth Moore?How am I going to know that I have recommended an appropriate Calvary Chapel for my family?
    No, he said the one he goes to does

Quote Originally Posted by rollstide67 View Post
    No, he said the one he goes to does
    "He" --me-- is a she and beth moore is not taught at our calvary. Beth Moore bible study is at vancouver CC. Watch the scrolled messages on the home page...it eventually gets to it.
    http://calvarychapelvancouver.com/#/home

How am I going to know that I have recommended an appropriate Calvary Chapel for my family?
    Trust God?

Seriously -- you have done due diligence, and for that you are to be commended. But there is no such thing as a perfect church. Nor is there a church exactly like any other church or that is in 100% agreement with its denomination's beliefs (and I use the term "denomination" loosely, since CC isn't one, really).

I am afraid that my daughter is determined to stay at her Episcopal Church.She is not moving.She said that it is such a wonderful church and great for the kids.

Sad.

I'll be honest, I had a brutal experience at a local church - left some pretty bad scars. I realized later it was a social club and we didn't qualify.

I gave up on finding a church.

God hit me over the head with my local CC. I have to ride an hour each way on public transit, and then get a ride from there to the church - but worth it. Worth it. Worth it.

They are also the first real life believers who didn't freak when they heard about the Bible Handouts.

I'll be praying for your daughter.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Cleaver View Post
    Trust God?

Seriously -- you have done due diligence, and for that you are to be commended. But there is no such thing as a perfect church. Nor is there a church exactly like any other church or that is in 100% agreement with its denomination's beliefs (and I use the term "denomination" loosely, since CC isn't one, really).
    I agree our local Calvry Chapel (Sydney Australia) had happily embraced WOF teachings. I've been there on many an occassion with my neighbours who ended up leaving after the Minister endorsed some Prosperity Scheme but the conman that took them for many thousands of dollars left suddenly, leaving the congregation wondering what happened to their supposed financial blessings from God. It shattered the church and they are still picking up the pieces a few years on and my neighbours lost their house taking out a loan against it to go into the supposed scheme to get blessed 100 fold by God.

Each Church should be checked out because the person at the pulpit cannot be guaranteed to be a GOOD shepherd who is definitely teaching the Truth of God simply because of the denomination.

I have experienced that myself moving around Sydney and attending various Churches of the same denomination. Some Ministers/Pastors can be very Bible based and others you wonder what Bible they read at home. When they start quoting Budha ....

Does anybody know if the CC Parent Church can exercise theological control over a CC daughter Church in cases where the Daughter church strays from CC principles?

Revoke their ability to use the CC name or use of the Dove trademark?
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?

Quote Originally Posted by RandallB View Post
    Does anybody know if the CC Parent Church can exercise theological control over a CC daughter Church in cases where the Daughter church strays from CC principles?

Revoke their ability to use the CC name or use of the Dove trademark?
    All CC have to agree to the CC distinctives or they cannot use the name
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Quote Originally Posted by Jlutz View Post
    Agreed.

My question is: What happens if they agree to the CC distinctives but then go off on an Emergent tangent?
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Agreed.

My question is: What happens if they agree to the CC distinctives but then go off on an Emergent tangent?
    I know there have been churches that have been asked to stop using the CC name. I assume if the problem is bad enough they would also be asked to stop using the name.

I know there have been churches that have been asked to stop using the CC name. I assume if the problem is bad enough they would also be asked to stop using the name.
    That is good.

The NT model of churches has the pastor of the church accountable to their Seeding organization. That was Paul in most cases.
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

That is not what I have seen done here in Australia.

Agreed.

Well let me tell you what happened in just such a case. Chuck Smith is the founding pastor of the first Calvary Chapel and his church is located in Costa Mesa, CA. He has a son, Chuck Smith, Jr. who is also a pastor and was so of a church Calvary Chapel, San Juan Capistrano in California. Jr. led his church into the emergent church movement. Sr. promptly addressed the situation with Jr. and Jr. wouldn't budge from it. They parted ways and that church in San Juan is no longer part of Calvary Chapel. I think that says it all.

I will say that it was a very painful time in our church because of this. We felt we were losing a dear family member (and we were). Calvary Chapel, Costa Mesa, CA was my church before I moved out of California. I know the Calvary Chapel way very well. And if there are churches out there that are diverting from the established distinctives they will be dealt with.

There is a very good reason why the Calvary Chapel movement has grown largely all over the world--because they carry sound Biblical teaching. The Word of God is first and foremost and that is the focus (along with evangelism). In my opinion that is a win-win situation.

And Misty--you might try sending an e-mail to Chuck Smith, Sr's church and let them know what is going on. Perhaps they are already addressing it, but the end result of that has not been made public yet. They take things like this very seriously. And that is quite correct-divert from the distinctives and you cannot use the name.
    Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12 NIV)

Though each is independent, they are still to be in agreement with Distinctives. http://biblefacts.org/church/Distinctives.pdf

If they do not, and they are known to the association of churches it becomes a matter where they can be reported. They will be contacted and hopefully the correction will yield fruit.

Here is what should happen next, if a CC you know of is not in agreement with what CC is known to teach, look up your regional area pastor and email them with the specifics. I am a CC pastor and you can also pm me if you have trouble contacting them.

Here is a link.

http://calvarychapelassociation.com/...al-leadership/

There is a whole bunch going on in the modern church and Scripture tells us apostasy will be what grips the end times church and CC's are not immune. Thank God for Bereans within the church.
    There is One King, and He is not this guy.