Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions? Regarding Calvary Chapel....

Quote Originally Posted by RandallB View Post
    Does anybody know if the CC Parent Church can exercise theological control over a CC daughter Church in cases where the Daughter church strays from CC principles?

Revoke their ability to use the CC name or use of the Dove trademark?
    Yes. There are guidelines for all potential pastors and church planters. Go to www.calvarychapel.com and look it up. You can always look up Calvary Chapel, Costa Mesa, CA, which is pastored by Chuck Smith, Sr. and who is the founding pastor of the CC movement. He is my old pastor. I sat under him for a long enough time to where I got to see just where he stood on many issues. And emergent church, purpose driven church stuff doesn't fly. As a matter of fact, before I came to CC Costa Mesa, I came to the Lord at Saddleback Church, which is Rick Warren's church. And I was only there a year before the Lord moved me out of there. What I got to see is how that church operated--(many spiritually starving people there). And I remember telling some of the associate pastors I was going to be moving and was going to go to his church. They scoffed under their breaths with comments like, "Ah yes--Pastor Chuck." I didn't understand what they meant at the time. I was too new of a believer and very hungry for the truth of the Word. But after a short time at Calvary I got what they meant--they scoffed at him because he was not "purpose driven." He was an expository preacher/teacher and was into one translation and the truth of the Word. Warren's church is into topical teaching (which is fine), but fill-ins on a sheet of paper handed out each sermon and six or seven translations used to get his point across. Absolutely confusing to a new believer...

As for using the CC name and their trademark? Nope. Gotta follow the guidelines or you can't use the name. Chuck Smith's own son had a church in San Juan Capistrano, CA and decided to follow the emergent church movement. Dad and son had a falling out over this and son went on his way. No use of name. So if it's good enough for the son to have to move on, you can bet it's that way for anyone else.
    Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Biblebabe View Post
    Yes. There are guidelines for all potential pastors and church planters. Go to www.calvarychapel.com and look it up. You can always look up Calvary Chapel, Costa Mesa, CA, which is pastored by Chuck Smith, Sr. and who is the founding pastor of the CC movement. He is my old pastor. I sat under him for a long enough time to where I got to see just where he stood on many issues. And emergent church, purpose driven church stuff doesn't fly. As a matter of fact, before I came to CC Costa Mesa, I came to the Lord at Saddleback Church, which is Rick Warren's church. And I was only there a year before the Lord moved me out of there. What I got to see is how that church operated--(many spiritually starving people there). And I remember telling some of the associate pastors I was going to be moving and was going to go to his church. They scoffed under their breaths with comments like, "Ah yes--Pastor Chuck." I didn't understand what they meant at the time. I was too new of a believer and very hungry for the truth of the Word. But after a short time at Calvary I got what they meant--they scoffed at him because he was not "purpose driven." He was an expository preacher/teacher and was into one translation and the truth of the Word. Warren's church is into topical teaching (which is fine), but fill-ins on a sheet of paper handed out each sermon and six or seven translations used to get his point across. Absolutely confusing to a new believer...

As for using the CC name and their trademark? Nope. Gotta follow the guidelines or you can't use the name. Chuck Smith's own son had a church in San Juan Capistrano, CA and decided to follow the emergent church movement. Dad and son had a falling out over this and son went on his way. No use of name. So if it's good enough for the son to have to move on, you can bet it's that way for anyone else.
    So why now is Pastor Chuck and Greg Laurie aligning themselves with Rick Warren. I wish someone could answer that question for me. I went to the church leadership at Harvest and asked them myself, as the Bible instructs me to do and I got ostracized and made to feel like I was not a Christian by asking. Never did get an answer but needless to say I left that church as I refuse to follow men rather than God and I feel they are going down the wrong path by alligning with seeker sensitive Purpose Driven Rick Warren

Doesn't Chuck Smith continue to align himself with Billy Graham also? That was one of those moments for me when I was listening to his talks on the Calvary Chapel radio station.

I was just reading through an earlier thread on BG here in the RR forum that goes into more detail:

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1476...t=billy+graham

There were other flags, his lack of understanding regarding the Catholic Church and Freemasonry, to name a couple.

Needless to say I no longer listen to that station.

PLEASE PRAY FOR MY UNSAVED FAMILY MEMBERS - THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS

Quote Originally Posted by standfortruth View Post
    So why now is Pastor Chuck and Greg Laurie aligning themselves with Rick Warren. I wish someone could answer that question for me. I went to the church leadership at Harvest and asked them myself, as the Bible instructs me to do and I got ostracized and made to feel like I was not a Christian by asking. Never did get an answer but needless to say I left that church as I refuse to follow men rather than God and I feel they are going down the wrong path by alligning with seeker sensitive Purpose Driven Rick Warren
    Greg and Chuck are quite different regarding RW. Greg does, knowingly, speak alongside him and argues that we have no reason to distance himself from him. Chuck on the other hand has not sought him out, nor desires that level of relationship. At the 2009 Harvest Crusade and the recent Pastor's Perspective Chuck was not in on RW being put on the same platform or in the same room with the guy.

Greg is a source of great frustration for us who hate seeing sheep confused as to whom they should listen. Greg serves up a heaping pile of confusion and the devil is loving the fallout from it. Chuck, on the other hand, is also being set up for confusion among the movement, but unlike Greg, is not desiring to have it all happen.
    There is One King, and He is not this guy.