Thread: Sweet & Spicy Chicken Drumsticks

Default Sweet & Spicy Chicken Drumsticks

These are soooo delicious! I cooked these for the 4th of July and will cook them again on Christmas Day. Everyone loved them. Here's the recipe:

2 cups sugar
    1/4 cup paprika
    2 tablespoons salt
    2 teaspoons pepper
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    20 chicken drumsticks

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder & cayenne. Add drumsticks, a few at a time; seal and shake to coat. Place chicken in 2 greased 15in. x 10in. x 1in. baking pans. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. (a small amount of chicken juices will form in the pan). Bake, uncovered at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes for until chicken juices run clear and a thermometer reads 180 degrees.

What is on everyone's menu for Christmas dinner? We are having both families (mine and my husband's) over Christmas evening for dinner. We will have the chicken drumsticks (the kids love these), smoked turkey & dressing, ham, sweet potato casserole, broccoli casserole, green beans, butter beans, corn on the cob & rolls. For dessert, we will have bananna pudding, chocolate delight, pecan pie, sour cream pound cake, and a variety of Christmas cookies & candies. I think I've gained 10 pounds writing out the menu

We are going to our son and DILs home for dinner tomorrow. Son said we are having turkey and ham, dressing and taters and all the stuff that goes with it. I will probably bring pie.

Quote Originally Posted by meandmyfamily View Post
    These are soooo delicious! I cooked these for the 4th of July and will cook them again on Christmas Day. Everyone loved them. Here's the recipe:

2 cups sugar
    1/4 cup paprika
    2 tablespoons salt
    2 teaspoons pepper
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    20 chicken drumsticks

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder & cayenne. Add drumsticks, a few at a time; seal and shake to coat. Place chicken in 2 greased 15in. x 10in. x 1in. baking pans. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. (a small amount of chicken juices will form in the pan). Bake, uncovered at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes for until chicken juices run clear and a thermometer reads 180 degrees.

What is on everyone's menu for Christmas dinner? We are having both families (mine and my husband's) over Christmas evening for dinner. We will have the chicken drumsticks (the kids love these), smoked turkey & dressing, ham, sweet potato casserole, broccoli casserole, green beans, butter beans, corn on the cob & rolls. For dessert, we will have bananna pudding, chocolate delight, pecan pie, sour cream pound cake, and a variety of Christmas cookies & candies. I think I've gained 10 pounds writing out the menu
    That sounds delicious.I will try it.Thanks for sharing.

I think I will try those legs myself. Sounds great.

We had our Christmas celebration Sunday. We had bbq pork, onion&bell pepper stuffed boston butt, pineapple casserole, beans, rice, slaw, brocolli salad, banana pudding, molasses cookies, banana cake, cherry cheesecake. It was all good. The molasses cookies my daughter made was probably the best of all.
    John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world

Revelation22:17 Both the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!"

I see my post got moved for me! Thanks so much! It's been a busy day today with all the preparations and spending time with family. Looking forward to more family time tomorrow.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by JoyJoyJoy View Post
    I think I will try those legs myself. Sounds great.

We had our Christmas celebration Sunday. We had bbq pork, onion&bell pepper stuffed boston butt, pineapple casserole, beans, rice, slaw, brocolli salad, banana pudding, molasses cookies, banana cake, cherry cheesecake. It was all good. The molasses cookies my daughter made was probably the best of all.
    I've never tried that kind of cookie. Would love the recipe if you have it.

I've never tried that kind of cookie. Would love the recipe if you have it.

Sure. Will have to get it from Daughter. She made another batch yesterday. This is the awful truth. She was sending me some home for my husband. He has been sick with an upper resp. infection. He says the cookies make him feel better. So I went to her house this morning and was walking to my car, in the pouring rain, with the box of cookies and one in my hand. I dropped mine and it landed in a puddle of rain water (but it was on her cement drive way). It got wet but I picked it up and ate it anyway. I just couldnt waste it.

Sure. Will have to get it from Daughter. She made another batch yesterday. This is the awful truth. She was sending me some home for my husband. He has been sick with an upper resp. infection. He says the cookies make him feel better. So I went to her house this morning and was walking to my car, in the pouring rain, with the box of cookies and one in my hand. I dropped mine and it landed in a puddle of rain water (but it was on her cement drive way). It got wet but I picked it up and ate it anyway. I just couldnt waste it.
    Well, I guess the 3 second rule could apply here...no need to let a good cookie go to waste!

Well, I guess the 3 second rule could apply here...no need to let a good cookie go to waste!
    absolutely! i love most things with molasses in it.

My husband and I plan on getting together with a few friends for a while on New Years Eve. I'm supposed to bring an appetizer and a dessert. I think I'll bring his dish. It sounds delicious and easy to make.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
    I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Depends on if they own a dog or not...
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Default Big Soft Ginger Cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons ground ginger
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cup margarine, softened
    1 cup white sugar
    1egg
    1 tablespoon water
    1/4 cup molasses
    2 tablespoons white sugar

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
    2.In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
    3.Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container

She got this recipe from the All Recipe Website. And NO, there were no dogs in the yard when I dropped mine in the little 'mud hole'. I snatched it up so fast and folded it up into a tiny cookie ball and gobbled it down.

And NO, there were no dogs in the yard when I dropped mine in the little 'mud hole'. I snatched it up so fast and folded it up into a tiny cookie ball and gobbled it down.
    GL with that.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)