Thread: Bible app for iPad?

Default Bible app for iPad?

Hi all. I got an iPad mini for Christmas. Love the kindle app.
    I am having some minor problem finding a good study bible on kindle or bible app.
    Any suggestions? I need cheap or free as I am currently job hunting.
    I told my wife I wouldn't buy apps or books until I found a new job.
    I tried to get my wife to return it, but she had bought it a few weeks before we found out
    That I would be losing my job..
    Thanks for some reviews..

Delighted to help here!

There are loads of free apps for bibles and study aids. I have the KJV spoken bible on my iPhone, that's great and it has a daily reading plan and you just sit back and listen!

There are also a host of other tools and aids, a little bit of thought into the keywords you enter into the App Store search will yield most things you're looking for as well.

Here are a few to search out... Mega com, bible verses, bible study there is even an app for gotquestions too. All of these names are of the actual apps they usually come in various platforms e.g. IPhone version and iPad version etc too.

Don't pay for any of them, they're all mostly free so if they're not what you want/like then trying them and then deleting them won't be any hardship.

Good luck in your quests.

Quote Originally Posted by MoreThanReady View Post
    I am having some minor problem finding a good study bible on kindle or bible app.
    Any suggestions? I need cheap or free as I am currently job hunting.
    I use the OliveTree App with my iPad. I've purchased a couple of Bible Versions for it. When connected to the Internet, there are a multitude of options for Bible text access... However, when I'm away from an Internet connection... the OliveTree app has been wonderful... I usually end up using it even when I do have Internet connectivity (I don't have a data plan with my iPad... it's WIFI only).

OliveTree has a whole bunch of add-ons, so it can be confusing when you dig through their apps... most of these add-ons cost money... although there are several that are free.

I don't have any experience with any other Bible Apps for the iPad... I did the research a few years ago... and landed on OliveTree at the time... and have never looked back.

I just peeked at their site... and it appears they have a new FREE app called Bible+... I just downloaded this FREE app... and it appears to be just like the real McCoy from a look and feel and functionality standpoint. So you can take a peek at that and see if it "feels" right to you.

PM me your mailing address... and I'll send you the money by mail to purchase a couple of Bible Apps from OliveTree (or other vendor if you land somewhere else). A "late" Christmas present from me!

I have the Daily Bible on my Android phone from joansoft. It's free, and according to the site you can get it on Android Market and Amazon Market. You can also follow it on FB and Twitter. I get a daily verse every morning, and you can look up verses, set up a daily reading plan and have access to a variety of devotionals. I mostly use it for the daily verse.

http://www.joansoft.com/db.htm
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Bible360 is awesome

So is E-Sword

Ragamuffin, thanks for the info on Olive Tree, I am adding that to my Kindle Fire. Didn't know about that one, looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by GKayB View Post
    Ragamuffin, thanks for the info on Olive Tree, I am adding that to my Kindle Fire. Didn't know about that one, looks great.
    I really like the app... very smooth and nice.

Here's a two year old run through of some basic features on YouTube:

Olive Tree also has a channel on You Tube with plenty of more demos/examples of their app running:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/OliveTreeBible
    PS: I'm not affiliated with Olive Tree and any way... just a happy customer.

Quote Originally Posted by ragamuffin View Post
    I use the OliveTree App with my iPad. I've purchased a couple of Bible Versions for it. When connected to the Internet, there are a multitude of options for Bible text access... However, when I'm away from an Internet connection... the OliveTree app has been wonderful... I usually end up using it even when I do have Internet connectivity (I don't have a data plan with my iPad... it's WIFI only).

OliveTree has a whole bunch of add-ons, so it can be confusing when you dig through their apps... most of these add-ons cost money... although there are several that are free.

I don't have any experience with any other Bible Apps for the iPad... I did the research a few years ago... and landed on OliveTree at the time... and have never looked back.

I just peeked at their site... and it appears they have a new FREE app called Bible+... I just downloaded this FREE app... and it appears to be just like the real McCoy from a look and feel and functionality standpoint. So you can take a peek at that and see if it "feels" right to you.

PM me your mailing address... and I'll send you the money by mail to purchase a couple of Bible Apps from OliveTree (or other vendor if you land somewhere else). A "late" Christmas present from me!
    Thank you for the offer, but I must decline. My wife does work and I have an interview coming up. .I really appreciate the offer, and in a online post I really can't convay how touched I am by your offer. I'm not used to people offering assistance, but we really are not 'bad' off by anymeans. course with me not working at the moment, we are doing great financially either but the Lord has been providing and all that our real 'needs' are met.

I found a number of free bible apps, but still haven't found a good 'study bible' that I like. but for just bible reading, I've found a number of easy to use bibles for tablets.

again, Thank you !!!!

Oh, forgot to mention, I installed the basic Olive Tree free bible app. I like it..

Quote Originally Posted by MoreThanReady View Post
    Oh, forgot to mention, I installed the basic Olive Tree free bible app. I like it..
    Excellent! Enjoy!

I'm praying that your interview is fruitful! Blessings!

Israel

May I suggest you search the app store for "study bible"? I did so on my iPhone and came up with 428 suggestions. I'm sure there will be duds, but just browsing through the results, I'd say it looks very promising.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!