Thread: Conversation With a Muslim Woman

Default Conversation With a Muslim Woman

Yesterday I went to a dinner party and was talking with an Iranian woman who moved to the US a few months ago.

She said stress has been taking its toll on her. She's been asking Allah to help her be more loving and forgiving. I told her that I can definitely relate, and I pray to Jesus for the same.

I told her that it really helps me that I keep pictures of my kids right next to my keyboard at work so that, when I am on the phone, which is most of the day, I look at the pics of my kids and I feel myself becoming more patient and loving toward the people I am talking to, because I treat them the way I would want someone else to treat my own kids since all those folks happen to be someone else's kids, even if some of them happen to be older than I am.

Well, her eyes filled with tears. She said she is divorced. Her 2 children were taken from her and are still in Iran with her ex-husband, who she said is full of hate. She said that she always tries to be especially kind to the children she has contact with in hopes that Allah will, in turn, comfort her children with the love and kindness that she cannot give them.

In our long conversation, she also said she reads the Koran and knows that the Bible says the same thing. I told her that I have read both and they honestly do not say the same thing, and as an educated woman, which she is, she should read the Bible too and know what it really says. She agreed and said she would read the Bible.

It was such a nice conversation and both of us thanked each other for it. I was so blessed because my Muslim family has been rejecting what I say for literally decades. It was so nice that she genuinely seemed grateful for the tip about where this beggar has been getting bread and that she would go looking for it, too.

Please pray for her. Her name is Suheila.

Thank you for sharing.

http://nayajeevan.org/oc/ This is a free online course for a Muslim to learn about Jesus and the bible.

I will check it out. Thanks!

I was going to type "thank you for sharing" too, but HisBeloved beat me to it. But then I thought, what "sharing" did HisBeloved mean? Two thoughts came to my mind. Thank you for sharing your story and Thank you for sharing Christ. It was encouraging.

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Lord Jesus, break her chains and free her to know You.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Praying for Suheila that her eyes will be opened to the love Jesus offers, praying for her children that they will be safe and hopefully reunited with their mother, also praying for JPE that she can continue to be a light for Suheila and be able to reveal the truth of the Lord to her, in His name I pray,amen
    This world is not my home. I'm just passing through. If heaven's not my home, O Lord, what would I do? The angels beckon me from heaven's open door, and I can't feel at home in this world anymore."
    Complete justice for us will come only "when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels" (v. 7).

Praying for her! What a blessed conversation!

Quote Originally Posted by moosejive View Post
    Praying for Suheila that her eyes will be opened to the love Jesus offers, praying for her children that they will be safe and hopefully reunited with their mother, also praying for JPE that she can continue to be a light for Suheila and be able to reveal the truth of the Lord to her, in His name I pray,amen
    in agreement

If voting mattered, they wouldn't let us do it. -- Mark Twain

I'll be praying.

When I read the title, I thought "I hope he shared his faith with her, and encouraged her to read the Bible."

Good work!

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Thanks so much, everyone!

She sounds like a nice woman. Praying she comes to Jesus.
    “My Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:40)

BTW, my son is now in the 8th grade!

JPE,

I just prayed for Suheila. I can't help but think of when Jesus said that whoever comes after him will need to give up father and mother, etc. Well, this woman gave up her family, her kids, and her country, and is about to give up her religion in order to receive the love of Christ and the forgiveness that only He can give. God hasn't brought her this far to leave her now. I prayed that her eyes would be opened and God's love would wash over her and heal her pain at leaving her children. We know God's love is greater than any human love on earth!

Thank you for being obedient and sharing Christ with her. Thank you for taking time to post this so we can lift her up as she reads the scriptures and has her eyes opened.
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18

Thanks for continuing to pray for her, everyone.
    Acts, I have a parallel farsi/english Bible I plan to give her when I see her again.
    (By the way, I'm a she, not a he, thanks be to God. )

Got it!

I'll be praying.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here