Thread: Conservative answer to Facebook

Default Conservative answer to Facebook

Mods, I hope it's okay to put this here. If not, please delete thread. Todd Starnes, who has a Facebook page, has now also joined Tea Party Community, which is a conservative answer to Facebook. I made an account as well. The funny thing is that one of the ways you can sign up is with Facebook!! You can also sign up using Twitter, Yahoo, or other sign-up methods.

https://www.teapartycommunity.com/
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

I belong. And I will be your friend MIHH!

Wild Bill is a member, his videos crack me up.
    Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
    12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
    O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
    Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

Where the waving wheat, sure smells sweet!

Can you sign up without using Twitter, Facebook, etc?

Yep, just fill out your information. I did not use my facebook to sign up.
    Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
    12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
    O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
    Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

Don't forget the unreached.

It's important to be a light in the darkness.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Intriguing. I'll look into this tomorrow.

I joined, but I have no idea how to send friend requests to you guys, he he he he he
    I stand with Israel, now and forever.
    Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

lookin' up and listenin' for the shout, good neighbor!

I get a warning from Chrome that it's not a trusted site.
    Prayer........the best wireless connection!

Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest. Proverbs 6:6-8

I have Chrome and haven't had a problem so far. They had the originator of the site on "Fox and Friends Saturday" just a few minutes ago. It goes "live" today and already has 100,000 members. The guy they had on said that it was in response to conservative Facebook members having their accounts and postings limited, being unable to add friends, and the like.
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

I was interested and checked out the link.

The sight is called "Tea Party Community".

Well, being as I am, the name of the online community was enough to keep me away. I do not want to be identified as a member of a community whose name has political connotations. That is just me.

If the name were more neutral, something like Facebook, then I admit it sounded interesting.

I realize I am a member of this community which has religious overtones, but to me, that is different. I am willing (and indeed honored) to be associated with worshipers of Christ. I am not willing to add myself to a community whose name can mean something against this administration. This administration seems to be gifted in fomenting "me against you" attitudes to further their agenda. I do not wish to be associated with a particular side of a political debate.

When I take sides (especially in an online community where TPTB can have access), it will be because of my religious beliefs, not because of my political beliefs. Just my opinion.
    Jesus saith unto him, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me." John 14:6

I agree, Futurehope.

I also think, like I said, it is important to have a witness to the unreached.

Romans 10:15 NKJV
    And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!”

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here