Thread: Israel Seems To Have Sold Jerusalem To The Vatican

Default Israel Seems To Have Sold Jerusalem To The Vatican

Published: Friday, February 01, 2013

An historic agreement has been drafted between Israel and the Vatican. The Israeli authorities have granted the Pope an official seat in the room where the Last Supper is believed to have taken place, on Mount Zion in Jerusalem, and where David and Solomon, Jewish kings of Judea, are considered by some researchers, to also be buried.

It is the culmination of a long campaign by the Catholic Church to regain religious stewardship over the place where Jesus is supposed to have broken bread and drunk wine with his disciples on the eve of his crucifixion.

This is an enormous issue pushed through without any public debate.

According to our sources, the agreement, which is expected to be ratified next June, gives the Pope a “special authority” over the second floor of the building, so that Christian pilgrims will be able to celebrate religious functions like Pope John Paul did in 2000.

The agreement constitutes Israel’s capitulation to the Vatican’s efforts to “Christianize” the holy site, like when a Catholic convent was built in Auschwitz.

The Catholic Church has long wanted control over part of the area on Mt. Zion so as to turn it into an international religious center for Catholics. The blueprint of the agreement reads as follows: “The Vatican hands over this use of the Cenacle to the Custody of the Holy Land which will keep the Cenacle open from 6 AM to 8 AM for the celebration of the Holy Mass”.

In the long term, the gesture will increase tensions between Jews and the large assets of the Vatican.

The Church has long been working to reduce Jewish rights in Jerusalem and in the Old City. Now, after the Muslim Waqf authority expelled the Christians from the Temple Mount and turned it into a mosque, it’s the turn of the Vatican to lay its hands on the Jewish Jerusalem.

The Custody of the Holy Land, the Franciscan order who, with Vatican approval, is in charge of the holy sites, campaigns with the Arabs against Israel.

As far back as May 2000, Yasser Arafat met Islamic and Christian clergymen at the presidential offices in Ramallah to back Palestinian Arab sovereignty over Jerusalem. Among the clergymen who attended the meeting, Diodoros I, patriarch of the Greek Orthodox Church, Torkom II, patriarch of the Armenian Orthodox Church, Catholic Patriarch Michel Sabbah and officials from the Custody of the Holy Land.

"An official meeting took place in Ramallah, Palestine, at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State of Palestine". This is the official note of the Vatican press office about the meeting between the Catholic officials and the PLO representatives which took place this week.

The Vatican is also asking that Israel hand over to the Vatican’s control dozens of sites, 19 in Judea and Samaria and 28 in Jerusalem. The Catholic Church want to discuss some properties on Mount of Olives, Har Hazeitim, which is the very history of the Jewish people. If you want to keep Jerusalem united, you have to keep Har Hazeitim. The Vatican knows that.

In 1989 charges were made by the Catholic authorities that Israel desecrated the Cenacle on Mount Zion. The charges, which appeared in the Italian bishops’ newspaper Avvenire, said that the Israelis put a memorial plaque on the roof of the Cenacle. The plaque was put in place after the 1948 War of Independence in memory of soldiers who fell in the Old City and whose burial place was unknown. Every year, the bereaved families cleaned the plaque.

Why did the Catholic authorities complain? Last year a similar charge was made from the Catholic authorities that Israel wants to “Judaize” Mount Zion.

Should the Vatican gain sovereignty over Mount of Zion, millions of Christian pilgrims will flock to the site, and this will threaten the Israeli presence in the Old City’s Jewish Quarter and Jewish access to the Western Wall.

The Vatican wants the Jews out of the Old City and apparently Israel’s government is agreeing with them. Turning the Cenacle into an active church is also a way of desecrating the holiness of the site known as the Tomb of David.

The Vatican and the Palestinian Liberation Organisation expressed a common position in the Basic Agreement of 15 February 2000, intended to support the recognition of a special statute for the City of Jerusalem.

In the memorandum, signed by Vatican officials and the PLO, an organization dedicated to the mass deportation of Israel’s Jews, the Catholic Church wants Israel relinquishing sovereignty at the Western Wall and the Temple Mount.The Vatican-PLO agreement’s preamble on Jerusalem shows that the Vatican's attitude on Israel's capital is still stuck in the unforgivable anti-Semitic rhetoric of the 1940s.

Until 1948, Christian access to the Cenacle was severely limited, because it was used as a mosque. Since then, the State of Israel is committed to protecting the holy places of all religions, and guaranteeing the right of worship for all faiths.

But no Israeli government must tolerate any policy of division, “shared control” or “internationalization” that opens the door to a return to the Arab apartheid of Jordanian occupation between 1948 and 1967.

Jerusalem is not for sale. For thousands of years, the Cenacle area was almost always totally closed off to Jews.

Sovereignty over Mount Zion is politics, not only religion. The day after the Pope celebrated a mass on Mt. Zion in 2000, he went to Yasser Arafat headquarter to support the Palestinians’ right to return.

A few months later, the Oslo war began. And Jews were sacrified again on the altar of “peace”. It was their last supper.

This week, the Vatican in its official documents began referring to the "State of Palestine".

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ar...4#.UQ5uRugsSjE

This is strange but raises a couple of questions in my mind. Is this a step toward Rome gaining a foothold on Jerusalem? Could this become a platform whereby when the AC confirms a peace treaty, that he will authorize and oversee the rebuilding of the Jewish Temple?

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    This is strange but raises a couple of questions in my mind. Is this a step toward Rome gaining a foothold on Jerusalem? Could this become a platform whereby when the AC confirms a peace treaty, that he will authorize and oversee the rebuilding of the Jewish Temple?
    Exactly what I was thinking!!!

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HisBeloved View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking!!!

Great minds think alike!

If Malachy's prophecy, that the next pope is the last one, is correct, then establishing a foothold in Jerusalem is an essential piece of the puzzle. It seems the pieces are in place. Now it's just about waiting for the players to make their move.

The negotiations took place in a thoughtful and constructive atmosphere. The Commission took notice that significant progress was made and looks forward to a speedy conclusion of the Agreement.

The Parties have agreed on future steps and to hold the next Plenary meeting in June 2013 at Vatican City.

http://en.radiovaticana.va/articolo.asp?c=660249

Preliminary talks about the Peace Treaty?

Well won't that dovetail nicely into the Tribulation and into anti-Christ's hands? The harlot church pushing for more control and power in Jerusalem. Nice... Another step towards staging for the one-world religion and government. It will be perfect for the false prophet...
    Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12 NIV)

It is so amazing to see more pieces coming together. I agree with Biblebabe regarding the harlot church.
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

It may be all coming together that is for sure. That aside I would not have given the Vatican one inch of land in Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
    It is so amazing to see more pieces coming together. I agree with Biblebabe regarding the harlot church.
    Righto Light!!
    Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12 NIV)

This has my stomach churning on initially reading through but then, as others have commented, it's just another cog turning on God's wheel. Not hard to see Harlot church = FP in this grab for control.

Default Vatican, Israel reach historic deal on Last Supper site

This may be old news on the board here. I just came across this today and I see the Vatican has finally gotten its foot in the door in Jerusalem. Israel gives Rome a seat in the Hall of the Last Supper.

http://www.israelhayom.com/site/news...le.php?id=7230

Preach

I was feeling like PoppyCat until I reminded myself of those things which must come to pass....(i know, i know...i'm taking a few liberties here).

Also, when viewing the above link I saw Bibi and the Pope shaking hands in a seemingly warm and affectionate way.

Come June we'll see the pact take effect. On the top-most of my wee brain at the moment is whether or not we'll still be here to see the new Pope of Rome make a visit to his new throne? Hmmmmm.......... !!!!!
    "To sin by silence when they should protest....makes cowards of men".
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Abraham Lincoln

Funny. I was not aware that it was ever for sale.

God's promises stand eternal.
    The Gospel of Jesus Christ

"I am more flawed and sinful than I ever dared believe."

"I am more loved and accepted than I ever dared hope."

Israel

I've seen personally what roman catholocism has done in the Holy Land. At the Mount of Beatitudes, they put up a chain link fence so no one can get near the Sea of Galilee. In Capernaum, atop the ruins of what is believed to be Peters' house, they put up a structure which protects what is left there...they built one if their churches over it. The rest of the town they have destroyed as far as archeology goes. They and 3 other religions operate a 'church', more like a disaster, called the church of the holy sepulcher where They say Jesus was buried. The place is a dark, dirty, dingy madhouse. They own the Garden of Gethsemane and they don't like to let non-Catholics in it. Indeed, they keep it under lock and key.

I've been to Davids Tomb and the Upper Room as well. While I do not believe that King Davids remains are in the coffin that is there, I still see no reason for the rcc to be given anymore space in Israel. It is time for them to leave, in my opinion. Even so, I can see the Lord using them to preserve history. Unfortunately, they build their pagan houses of worship all over the holy sites where Jesus spoke and performed miracles. I can't help but wonder if the rcc gaining a foothold in the Jewish Quarter of the Old City won't play some part in bringing on the tribulation. I know this...the Lord is going to be very angry with the nation of Israel, so angry that He is going to give them 7 years of tribulation so bad that it's called "the time of Jacob's trouble". This starts when "the covenant is confirmed for one week". There's a lot of speculation as to what that covenant is.

Thinking about it, it's possible that Israel may allow the rcc into the Old City, the City of David, on an experimental 7 year basis, pushing the Lord's patience past it's limits, and triggering that awful 7 year period. There is no way of looking ahead and saying that this could be the trigger, or part of the trigger, but I do know from scripture that the Lord was known to extend grace and mercy to the southern kingdom, "for the sake of My servant David". He was zealous for David's name and Jesus is a Son of David as well as The Son of God. This really fits into the end times scenario and I along with a number of others will be watching to see what happens next and how it plays out.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

The Vatican Agenda:

How Does The Vatican View The Legitimacy of Israel's Claims To Jerusalem?

By Joel Bainerman

(Excerpt)

Most Israelis have probably never thought very much about what the Roman Catholic Church/The Vatican thinks about "end of days" theology. Jews themselves don't give much thought to what will happen when "Gog and Magog" takes place. Jews don't go in for anything the least bit "next world" but instead are firmly planted in the here and know. That's good.

However it doesn't matter what Jews think, what matters is what The Vatican believes, and why it believes this. Judaism, and modern Jewish thought pretty much just dismisses the basic tenets of Catholicism outright and doesn't even bother addressing the core questions of what is behind "Catholic theological claims."

Instead of taking what they believe seriously, we tend to snicker amongst ourselves when we see those pictures of obscure rituals and ceremonies, and think the whole religion is near pagan-like with the "eating of Holy Wafers" and "sprinkling of Baptism water" on people's heads. That may be true, but that doesn't matter. What matters is what they believe and what they plan to do about making their beliefs become a reality.

The institution of "The Vatican" is not understood by Israelis and Jews.

The conventional wisdom you get from the spokespersons in Israeli government ministries and the conventional Israeli media is "both sides have great intentions to do good" and that's about it.

When it comes to Israel’s bi-lateral affairs, nothing much gets investigated by the Israeli media. Thus a secret deal could be done between the Vatican and the State of Israel and nobody in Israel would ever find out about it.

In fact, that is exactly what happened.

What Does The Vatican Want?

It can't be that the Vatican is only interested in "access to their Holy Sites" in Jerusalem. They already have that as well as legal jurisdiction under Israeli law for their institutions and assets in Jerusalem. Also, when these "Holy Sites" were under the jurisdiction of the Jordanians from l948-l967, no Pope demanded the "internationalization of Jerusalem".

It is something else, which the Vatican wants. The Roman Catholic Church, need to have certain versions of events be played out for them to stand in front of mankind and proclaim: our Messiah has returned.” Of course, to the Jews, this Messiah will be as false as the first one was supposed to be. Don’t matter. This is the goal of the Vatican and this is what all Israelis need to worry about.

The Vatican/Roman Catholic’s version of events is this:

They know this isn't the end of the story that the Jewish G-d had in mind, but that doesn't mean they won't try and engineer their own ending to the story. So what if it is fraudulent. Doesn't matter, that is their game plan and that is what matters and that is what Israeli Jews need to be better informed about.

It is important for everyone to know what The Vatican have up its sleeve because it directly relates to our existence and our future destiny as an independent nation. This a very powerful force this is scheming to get control of the Old City of Jerusalem so you better know why and how the Vatican intends to do this.

Once you have all the facts and the chronological record you will be better informed deal with this issue and of foreign control over Israel's political existence and destiny.

First, you have to realize that for centuries The Vatican has attempted to obtain control of Jerusalem, which started with the Crusades. For them to convince the world that the Messiah they put on the world's stage is going to be accepted as genuine, they need to perform this play in the Old City.

The story of this production is that this "Messiah" will merge the three monotheistic religions, usher in peace and harmony in the world, and solve the Middle East conflict. The location for this "production" will be in none other than the Old City of Jerusalem.

This so-called "Messiah" that will be proclaimed, will be a false one and it will insist that by having a "world government" (i.e., the United Nations) the world peace and harmony will be ushered in. This will be a lie, and a fraud, but never mind. In our world, reality isn't important. Public perceptions are. The end result is the stripping of Israel's sovereignty as an independent nation giving way to a "regional bloc of nations" in the Middle East. Israel will be pressured to accede to these demands by all world bodies and the superpowers on the claim that "this is the only way to solve the Middle East conflict).

In order to the Jews to go along they will convince them that with the "Messiah" having appeared for the Jews, it is time to start rebuilding the Third Temple- what they call "Solomon's Temple". This version of events is widely available through a simple search on the Internet as there are many Christian groups and organizations (the majority of which who are very pro-Israel) who don’t buy into these beliefs and thus are against them.

I didn’t come up with the theory- I am just brining it to the attention of the Israeli public.

Make no mistake about it. The Old City of Jerusalem, as well as most of the eastern half of the city, is what The Vatican is after.

Why?

Because controlling the entire Old City of Jerusalem (and not just Church properties) and being able to build whatever they want on Mount Zion is critical for the program they have planned to put into play in our capital city.

The deal that it has signed with Israel via Yossi Beilin and Shimon Peres (in secret and without the approval of the Knesset) gives The Church not only extraterritorial status to their properties (which is what the bi-lateral agreement the Israeli government signed with the Vatican on December 30th, 1993, put in law) but of control over the entire city as "custodians" under UN presence.

In this way the Jews will give up control over the Old City. To the Vatican the Israeli people would have a problem with. To the UN, they would say, "we had no choice".

So What Is The Vatican Planning And What Can Israeli Jews Do About It?

For centuries the Vatican has been pushing its "replacement" doctrine which states that the Catholic has replaced Israel as "the New Israel".

The Roman Catholic Church wants Israel to lose sovereign control over the Old City of Jerusalem so that "the promises to the literal descendents of Abraham will be applied to the 'New Jerusalem.'" If Israel controls Jerusalem it is evidence that Rome's claims are not legitimate and that the literal interpretation of Scriptures is correct.

There is no place for the restoration of the nation of Israel in its theology. How can the Vatican claim to be "the New Jerusalem" and "rightful heir to the Kingdom of God" if the Jews control Jerusalem? How is the Catholic Church going to convince the world that their version of theology is correct?

The Vatican is going to have everyone believe this "mysterious individual who will "unite the faiths" and appear in Jerusalem which will be under the control of an authority headed by The Vatican. " That deal to have the Vatican come into Israel and take over these properties and to "control and dominate the Old City of Jerusalem" already exists and has been fully documented and reported in the world's media.

The end goal of The Vatican is to seize control of the Old City of Jerusalem out of the clutches of the state of Israel.

To that end they have a secret agreement with Israel which obliges Israel to respect the "extraterritorial" claim to their physical presence in the city. In short, "we have accepted the Vatican's rights to have little Vatican sovereign embassies throughout our eternal capital of Jerusalem. That same Vatican has committed itself, in public and in a written agreement, to ensure that the Palestinians have sovereignty in the Old City of Jerusalem.

The public record shows a secret deal has already been conducted behind the backs of the Israeli public whereby the Vatican was promised to take over the Old City. There is ample proof in the public record to prove that a secret deal was done with the Vatican by two Israeli government representatives, Yossi Beilin and Shimon Peres. As it was concocted covertly it can’t serve the Israeli public- but someone else. Thus these agreements need to be made void and nullified.

It doesn't matter if religious Jews or Israelis think that "Catholic theology" is "strange looking" or extremely "ritualistic." What matters is that all Israelis understand that The Vatican has a secret agenda and it includes stealing the Old City of Jerusalem away from the Jews. That is what you need to know and understand.

Unfortunately, this agenda is being carried out in secret and behind your back and that is why you are ignorant of its true aims. The purpose of this essay is to warn you of these exact intentions of The Vatican so that you will be an "informed consumer" when it comes to Israel's relations with the Roman Catholic Church.

Even the overt clauses of the Vatican agreement, the exchange of ambassadors and the opening of the Vatican archives to Israeli researchers, have not been fulfilled by The Vatican. From an Israeli perspective, the "Fundamental Agreement Between The Holy See and The State of Israel" has been a complete failure and should be immediately rescinded.

http://www.redmoonrising.com/chamish/vaticanagenda.htm

It is getting crazier by the minute...all I can say is Wow.

The Roman Catholic Church wants Israel to lose sovereign control over the Old City of Jerusalem so that "the promises to the literal descendents of Abraham will be applied to the 'New Jerusalem.'" If Israel controls Jerusalem it is evidence that Rome's claims are not legitimate and that the literal interpretation of Scriptures is correct.
    Fascinating...
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Israel

It seems to me that if the rcc gets ahold of The Old City and The Temple Mount, this could cause the cup of abominations associated with the rcc to become full and bring The Wrath of The Lord against the rcc specifically. I honestly think there's enough false religion and idolatry there between the muslims who worship a 'god' of stone and the Jews who don't accept Jesus as The Son of God. I can't see The Lord, this close to the rapture and the tribulation, allowing more false worship to be set up on His Holy Mountain. We know for a fact from The Bible that a third temple is coming. We also know from the news and for some of us, from personal experience, that the muslims jealously guard The Temple Mount, preventing any worship from taking place their except false worship to allah. Even if Israel caves on this, there's still the muslims to contend with. It will be interesting.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!