Thread: Miicrosoft Works?

Default Miicrosoft Works?

Hey, I have an elderly friend who just bought a new computer, with windows 8. She is used to Microsoft Works and wants it back. She does not like Word. Is Works compatible with W8? Anyone know?

Microsoft Works
    Oxymoron?

Seriously, Works is discontinued. However, its worth installing if she still has the media to see it it still 'works', but I wouldnt suggest buying it.

A decent free alternative is Open Office.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

I was going to suggest Open Office also. My mom uses it on her Windows 8.
    and to wait for his Son from heaven,
    whom he raised from the deadóJesus,
    who rescues us from the coming wrath
    1 Thessalonians 1:10

So much for the quick response.

(Hootmon... isn't that the truth! )

As much as she liked Works, the advice given above for switching to a free office suite is good. Documents created with Works were often difficult to share for compatibility reasons. She can still try to install it if she has the media. If it's on a 5 1/4" floppy though, or a 3 1/2" floppy too, she might still be out of luck...
    Tall Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    As much as she liked Works, the advice given above for switching to a free office suite is good. Documents created with Works were often difficult to share for compatibility reasons. She can still try to install it if she has the media. If it's on a 5 1/4" floppy though, or a 3 1/2" floppy too, she might still be out of luck...
    I let her know what you all said, and installed the Open Office on to her computer. Then helped her pack up her house as she was moving away.
    Right now I do not know if she likes it or not. Haven't heard from her yet but she only just left yesterday. She did promised she would keep in touch so I'll let you all know what she thinks of it when I hear.
    Thank You all very much. For the help Your GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    I let her know what you all said, and installed the Open Office on to her computer. Then helped her pack up her house as she was moving away.

I found that funny, I don't know why.
    And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
    Romans 11:6