Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Book of Revelation Study

Default The Book of Revelation Study

Does anyone know of a real good Pre-Tribulation based book of Revelation Bible study on the net?
    I tried looking here, and didn't come up with any, maybe I didn't search right?

(Hope I put this in the right place to ask? I dunno) Oh .. maybe Bible Study Ok.. please move if wrong place... thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Does anyone know of a real good Pre-Tribulation based book of Revelation Bible study on the net?

(Hope I put this in the right place to ask? I dunno) Oh .. maybe Bible Study Ok.. please move if wrong place... thank you.
    Yep. The best one I have ever heard and found was given in a series by Dr. David Jeremiah. It is excellent. It is called ESCAPE THE COMING NIGHT. It is 4-CD set that costs... It's $280. It also has study guides to go with it that you can also purchase. I am going to spend the extra money to get this set (it is that good in my opinion). I am going to be conducting a Bible study for my friends and I to study this series and we are getting the books to go with it.

You can get it at www.davidjeremiah.org. Just click on "shop" and look under "series" under the name ESCAPE THE COMING NIGHT. I don't think you will be disappointed.

P.S. If you click on shop and you have Windows 8 it is not updated to work with it yet. You will have to contact Customer Service and you can get the telephone number to it by contacting their order department for the number. To order this 4-CD set (for some crazy reason) by telephone at their order department is not possible. They don't have it showing on their database. But it is on the website and can be ordered that way. Of course there is the alternative of going on a computer that has Windows Vista and being able to get it right on line...
    Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Biblebabe View Post
    Yep. The best one I have ever heard and found was given in a series by Dr. David Jeremiah. It is excellent. It is called ESCAPE THE COMING NIGHT. It is 4-CD set that costs... It's $280. It also has study guides to go with it that you can also purchase. I am going to spend the extra money to get this set (it is that good in my opinion). I am going to be conducting a Bible study for my friends and I to study this series and we are getting the books to go with it.

You can get it at www.davidjeremiah.org. Just click on "shop" and look under "series" under the name ESCAPE THE COMING NIGHT. I don't think you will be disappointed.

P.S. If you click on shop and you have Windows 8 it is not updated to work with it yet. You will have to contact Customer Service and you can get the telephone number to it by contacting their order department for the number. To order this 4-CD set (for some crazy reason) by telephone at their order department is not possible. They don't have it showing on their database. But it is on the website and can be ordered that way. Of course there is the alternative of going on a computer that has Windows Vista and being able to get it right on line...

I like him but 4 cds for 280? Makes one wonder...

Yes. But if we look at what it costs to make the materials his ministry offers then you can understand. I think (and do believe) that with his ministry they have a large overhead.
    Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12 NIV)

Pastor Billy Crone- dvds can be requested for these, he will send them at no charge or if led to donate but there are no copyrights on them
    so you can burn copies if you wish
    http://www.getalifemedia.com/index.p...tion-chapter-1

http://getalifemedia.com/index.php/b...tion-chapter-2

http://getalifemedia.com/index.php/b...tion-chapter-3

Pastor Chris Quintana
    http://www.calvarychapelcypress.net/Revelation.html

My DH and I both read through this one.

http://gracethrufaith.com/category/revelation-times/
    He's listed it backwards though, so you have to scroll down and go to page two.
    and to wait for his Son from heaven,
    whom he raised from the deadóJesus,
    who rescues us from the coming wrath
    1 Thessalonians 1:10

Thanks, I am checking all the links now.

Quote Originally Posted by Biblebabe View Post
    It is 4-CD set that costs... It's $280.
    Sounds really good (should be for $280) I will bookmark it and maybe some time down the line I will be able to get them.. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing4 View Post

Totally Agree!!!
    The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh:

Psalms 2:2-4a

By far the best series I've ever heard on the book of Revelation:

2004 Revelation series

taught by Dr. Robert L. Dean, Jr.

http://deanbible.org/andromeda.php?q...4+-+Revelation

This is a free series of classes of verse-by-verse teaching on the entire book of Revelation.

At no charge, you can listen to the classes online - or download the free mp3 audio files to your computer or iPod.

Most of the classes (except the early ones) are also available as free videos.

Dr. Dean is pastor of West Houston Bible Church. He's been a speaker at the Pre-Trib Research Center's annual prophecy conferences in Dallas, TX, and has also co-authored with Dr. Thomas Ice (Executive Director of the Pre-Trib Research Center) a book called What the Bible Teaches About Spiritual Warfare.

More about Dr. Dean: http://deanbible.org/bio.php

Dr. Dean's doctrinal statement: http://deanbible.org/docstate.php

Thanks, I am checking all the links now.

Sounds really good (should be for $280) I will bookmark it and maybe some time down the line I will be able to get them.. Thanks!
    You are welcome. Just ordered the set for myself and two friends to study. I'll let everyone know how it went.

A good book is one by Hal Linsey, called A NEW WORLD COMING, it is a verse by verse study of the book of revelation. Revelation is the only book in the bible that promises a special blessing to those who read and study it, because it is hard to understand unless you dig deeply into the rest of the bible to unlock its meaning. Most of the symbols in revelation are explained elsewhere in the bible. The church is mentioned 19 times in the first 4 chapters of the book, however , we see no mention of the church after when we begin to see judgements begin on the earth, another reason to believe in the pre trib rapture of the church. The 7 churches are a panorama of church history, with the last church, the Laodacian church representing the apostate church of the last days. We are in the last days, so its time to study how the story ends, or should I say begins. Look up.

I think Footsteps of the Messiah has a list of the OT verses and ideas that are found in Revelation. I went through all of them. It was a long process, but it helped understand Revelation a bit better.

ETA: here's something similar:
    http://www.blueletterbible.org/study...otes05.cfm#Rev
    and to wait for his Son from heaven,
    whom he raised from the deadóJesus,
    who rescues us from the coming wrath
    1 Thessalonians 1:10

Footsteps of the Messiah by Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum is a great study tool for Eschatology (the study of end times prophecy). I'm using it right now as a weekly study guide for a group at my local church. Everyone there is thoroughly enjoying it.

http://www.floydnolenjones.com/Floyd...s_2/Audio.html

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

You may want to go to You TUbe and search for Rev. and the Rapture.Alot of good videos and their FREE..
    Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.í

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing4 View Post

i read this in 2007 i'm sure Jack has updated it since then.

as Biblebabe posted 'Escape The Coming Night' is very good
    "without Jesus my life on earth would be like listening to a neverending Fleetwood Mac song" BB

-------------------------- To Live Is To Die --------------------------

I just started a book called "Exploring Bible prophecy from Genesis to Revelation" by Tim LaHaye and Ed Hindson. I haven't dug in deep enough to figure out if it is good or not, lol. Not sure if it is pre, mid, or post trib either.
    Therefore do not worry about tomorrow,
    for tomorrow will worry about its own things.
    Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
    Matthew 6:34

Yes, Clarence Larkin. His book is called The Worlds Greatest Book on Dispensational Truths, or something along those lines. You can google it for the exact title. But it is absolutely THE BEST imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4me2fly View Post
    A good book is one by Hal Linsey, called A NEW WORLD COMING, it is a verse by verse study of the book of revelation. Revelation is the only book in the bible that promises a special blessing to those who read and study it, because it is hard to understand unless you dig deeply into the rest of the bible to unlock its meaning. Most of the symbols in revelation are explained elsewhere in the bible. The church is mentioned 19 times in the first 4 chapters of the book, however , we see no mention of the church after when we begin to see judgements begin on the earth, another reason to believe in the pre trib rapture of the church. The 7 churches are a panorama of church history, with the last church, the Laodacian church representing the apostate church of the last days. We are in the last days, so its time to study how the story ends, or should I say begins. Look up.
    I am reading this book now, along with Footsteps....and I will say, New World has helped me immensely understand so much of Revelation. I recommend it.
    "Even so, come Lord Jesus, come. Even so....come and take Your Bride away. How my soul longs to be with You, my Lord! Even so, even so, come, Lord Jesus, come!" (Rev. 22:20)...Terry MacAlmon Music Ministries

I have a website saved with Larkins Dispensation book retyped on it. I think it is the Blue Letter Bible website.