Thread: Todd Bently at it again

Mad Todd Bently at it again

Channel hopping last night & God TV (which I rarely watch caught my eye as Todd Bentley was sat talking to Rory & Wendy Alec. They were showing clips of the Florida garbage he started a few years back, with which I know you are all familiar. But I watched for a while as they were interviewing him about what happened with his marriage. Then my blood began to boil. He said that God had told him he may divorce his wife (Shauna?) because of the hardness of both their hearts. He said it's scriptural. Although he said he wouldn't recommend divorcing for that reason to others, God told him personally. He said there was no adultery with the other woman (who he's now married to) that they only started a relationship after his divorce. That whilst he expected to have to step down from ministry, his staff were so supportive in saying they wanted him to continue, he did. Wendy Alec went on to be very supportive of him & explain how he was spiritually attacked after his divorce, with a lot of attack coming from the church, by people who were jealous that God was using him. They then all talked about how a new revival is coming, fronted by Bentley & apparently it's going to be a massive move of God.
    So it seems it's all starting up again and good ole God TV have made things right with the viewers & fabricated some story to try to justify Bentley's behaviour so they can rake in the money. The donations for the revival were apparently pouring in, if you can believe their claims, as were messages of support from viewers. Why are people so blind? I switched off once I heard he's starting this all again. So sad.

Bentley is an idiot, the people in his alliances are idiots, and the people who follow him are idiots. God TV is no longer available on Directv in KC so I no longer see their stupidity but Bentley has been behind the scenes working toward the top all over again. The lies, blasphemy, and thievery he pulled in his first "ministry" should have resulted in him having to take a job as a dishwasher or janitor. The fact that he can continue to have a financial livelihood that revolves around God is another indicator of the times we live in. He is fulfilling prophecy but it is on the wrong side.

Quote Originally Posted by so-blessed View Post
    Channel hopping last night & God TV (which I rarely watch caught my eye as Todd Bentley was sat talking to Rory & Wendy Alec. They were showing clips of the Florida garbage he started a few years back, with which I know you are all familiar. But I watched for a while as they were interviewing him about what happened with his marriage. Then my blood began to boil. He said that God had told him he may divorce his wife (Shauna?) because of the hardness of both their hearts. He said it's scriptural. Although he said he wouldn't recommend divorcing for that reason to others, God told him personally. He said there was no adultery with the other woman (who he's now married to) that they only started a relationship after his divorce. That whilst he expected to have to step down from ministry, his staff were so supportive in saying they wanted him to continue, he did. Wendy Alec went on to be very supportive of him & explain how he was spiritually attacked after his divorce, with a lot of attack coming from the church, by people who were jealous that God was using him. They then all talked about how a new revival is coming, fronted by Bentley & apparently it's going to be a massive move of God.
    So it seems it's all starting up again and good ole God TV have made things right with the viewers & fabricated some story to try to justify Bentley's behaviour so they can rake in the money. The donations for the revival were apparently pouring in, if you can believe their claims, as were messages of support from viewers. Why are people so blind? I switched off once I heard he's starting this all again. So sad.
    If that's their message that's a great indicator there will NOT be a real revival but a counterfeit one after the rapture.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Bentley is an idiot, the people in his alliances are idiots, and the people who follow him are idiots. God TV is no longer available on Directv in KC so I no longer see their stupidity but Bentley has been behind the scenes working toward the top all over again. The lies, blasphemy, and thievery he pulled in his first "ministry" should have resulted in him having to take a job as a dishwasher or janitor. The fact that he can continue to have a financial livelihood that revolves around God is another indicator of the times we live in. He is fulfilling prophecy but it is on the wrong side.
    I don't have all that hanging over my head and I'm a janitor. I like it and I can go to sleep knowing I didn't con hundreds or thousands out of money. He would be a terrible witness to the working people. "What did you do before you started here Todd?" " I was a televangelist who bilked people out of money until I got fired." First worker's thought "Now I remember why I don't like these 'Christians' and want nothing to do with them." It would be truly embarrassing to have him come along when you might have tried to witness to your coworkers and they have been on the fence and then you would have to explain to them about people like Todd if they would listen. I'd say make him a beggar but that would put him back where he was/is.
    Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    Coming again coming again maybe morning maybe noon maybe evening and maybe soon!
    Coming again coming again O what a wonderful day it will be! Jesus is coming again!

I hope you didn't take offense to my comment. My family are all working class people. I didn't mean to imply these were demeaning jobs that would serve him right to have to do. I meant to imply that he needs to be thrown out of church ministry altogether and have to work for a living in a real job that others often take for granted and the pay is often lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by dleader View Post
    I don't have all that hanging over my head and I'm a janitor. I like it and I can go to sleep knowing I didn't con hundreds or thousands out of money. He would be a terrible witness to the working people. "What did you do before you started here Todd?" " I was a televangelist who bilked people out of money until I got fired." First worker's thought "Now I remember why I don't like these 'Christians' and want nothing to do with them." It would be truly embarrassing to have him come along when you might have tried to witness to your coworkers and they have been on the fence and then you would have to explain to them about people like Todd if they would listen. I'd say make him a beggar but that would put him back where he was/is.

I have no words for this person. I saw him many many years ago when he first told his testimony at a small church in pasadena, Ca. There was no crazyness and wierdness, just man that was saved from drugs. I saw him probably 10 years ago at something and it was just complete crazyness. What he did with his exwife with the unfaithfullness is so disgusting to me, and now trying to backtrack and say it's ok.

Instead of being jealous of him and wanting to be him. I thank God every day that I am not him
    Ready for the Rapture

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I hope you didn't take offense to my comment. My family are all working class people. I didn't mean to imply these were demeaning jobs that would serve him right to have to do. I meant to imply that he needs to be thrown out of church ministry altogether and have to work for a living in a real job that others often take for granted and the pay is often lacking.
    We're cool and agree he should work for a living.
    Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    Coming again coming again maybe morning maybe noon maybe evening and maybe soon!
    Coming again coming again O what a wonderful day it will be! Jesus is coming again!