Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Starbucks want our business since we support traditional marriage?

Default Does Starbucks want our business since we support traditional marriage?

"Starbucks CEO: If You Support Traditional Marriage, We Donít Want Your Business"

Read more: http://joemiller.us/2013/03/starbuck...#ixzz2OV08eQyd

Mods, I looked on the "no links" list and didn't see Joe Miller on it. If it's not allowed please tell me.

That's fine. I much prefer the coffee I make in my $10 coffeemaker at home to overpriced, foofy coffee that, in the end, tastes just like . . . coffee. If I want various flavors, there's all kinds of flavored creamers out there.
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Wow. Well, no more Starbucks for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopynstorm View Post

Mods, I looked on the "no links" list and didn't see Joe Miller on it. If it's not allowed please tell me.
    There's a "no blogs" rule unless pre-approved. We'll let this one slide.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    There's a "no blogs" rule unless pre-approved. We'll let this one slide.
    Thank you iSong. I must have missed about the blogs. Now I know though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopynstorm View Post
    Thank you iSong. I must have missed about the blogs. Now I know though.
    No worries.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

If You Support Traditional Marriage, We Donít Want Your Business
    Then you shall continue to not have mine.

P.S. I never liked your prices or your naked mermaid logo.
    Rom. 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
    Rom. 8:28 God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by EarsToHear View Post

P.S. I never liked your prices or your naked mermaid logo.
    That cracked me up, Ears. I don't go to Starbucks, but there's one just down the way from my house and in all this time I've never paid any attention to their logo. I'll check it out now, though, and I'm sure I'll join you in not liking it.
    Carla

And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of Godís righteousness, and of the coming judgment. 9 The worldís sin is that it refuses to believe in me.

At what point did we go from being the majority of the population to the "evil people"?

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

I like a good cup of coffee.

I have never had a cup of Starbucks.

Not likely I ever will have a cup of their coffee at the rate they're going.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Israel

I do believe selling shares in this company may be very sound advice. Hopefully every God fearing Bible believing Christian will refuse to give Starbucks their business, which would cause their bottom line, and their shares, to drop.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
    For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
    I do believe selling shares in this company may be very sound advice. Hopefully every God fearing Bible believing Christian will refuse to give Starbucks their business, which would cause their bottom line, and their shares, to drop.
    I think we need to inform those Bible believing Christians exactly how Starbucks feels about us. I'm trying to think of ways to get the word out.

This makes me want to cry. Too late. I am crying. I am so very disappointed. I actually love the products at Starbucks, - love the coffee, and have always enjoyed the comfortable environment and culture. Of course, my definition of diversity, is different personalities, hair color, etc. I didn't realize their culture included what this article is saying until now.
    Sad, very sad. I have very fond memories of Starbucks. It was a daily sto for me for many years, and often I would go for a mocha latte, and sit and read. I really enjoyed it. Not only is it sad for them and the world that they are embracing same-sex marriage and setting this example, but also I am sad for me, because now I have to say good-bye to what has been a big part of my life for a very long time.
    Come Lord Jesus and bring us home soon!

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV

I may not be perfect, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!

Starbuck's knows where their bread is buttered................liberals. They also know that conservative Christians will not stand together and no one in a national leadership media position will have the influence to push a boycott through and make a lot of noise. I'd even guess a lot of people that are 100% against homosexual marriage that buy Starbucks coffee will still buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaL48 View Post
    That cracked me up, Ears. I don't go to Starbucks, but there's one just down the way from my house and in all this time I've never paid any attention to their logo. I'll check it out now, though, and I'm sure I'll join you in not liking it.
    It's the female demonic alternative to the Procter & Gamble logo.
    Rom. 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
    Rom. 8:28 God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Praying View Post
    This makes me want to cry. Too late. I am crying. I am so very disappointed. I actually love the products at Starbucks, - love the coffee, and have always enjoyed the comfortable environment and culture. Of course, my definition of diversity, is different personalities, hair color, etc. I didn't realize their culture included what this article is saying until now.
    Sad, very sad. I have very fond memories of Starbucks. It was a daily sto for me for many years, and often I would go for a mocha latte, and sit and read. I really enjoyed it. Not only is it sad for them and the world that they are embracing same-sex marriage and setting this example, but also I am sad for me, because now I have to say good-bye to what has been a big part of my life for a very long time.
    I'm sorry for your loss and I'm not being sarcastic. It seems that every day we Christians find something else we need to avoid if we are to be consistent and to avoid hypocrisy or giving support to the enemies of our Saviour. Losing Starbucks isn't a problem for me. I never cared much for them and have only spent money on any of their prodcts a handful of times over all these years. But tomorrow might bring to light something that matters to me that I will have to give up. It is comforting to know that we will soon be home with our Lord, Jesus and these things will no longer concern us.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
    I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by Praying View Post
    Me, too. I love Starbucks, and have for over a decade. I love the yummy drinks and the atmosphere. I love the beans we grind at home to brew our own coffee. I am also extremely disappointed, as hubby and I were just there yesterday getting drinks. He also read the article last night, and no longer wants to patron Starbucks. I absolutely stand for traditional marriage and I don't want to give my business to a company that is so blatantly disrespectful to Christian conservatives, but I still love and want their products. I'm not usually a whiner, but this seems so unfair. I'm terribly sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Allysonw View Post
    I think we need to inform those Bible believing Christians exactly how Starbucks feels about us. I'm trying to think of ways to get the word out.
    I saw someone on Facebook had a "get the word out" posting. They must have "liked" the article below.

http://joemiller.us/2013/03/starbuck...ge-supporters/
    Jesus saith unto him, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me." John 14:6

I posted a link on Facebook. Had one person then share it, one person make a comment that "could be why [they] never really liked Starbucks" and another who was going to go out and get them some Starbucks.
    and to wait for his Son from heaven,
    whom he raised from the deadóJesus,
    who rescues us from the coming wrath
    1 Thessalonians 1:10

Don't do Starbucks a lot, but enjoy it. I wonder what would happen if you wore a T-Shirt that said "I support traditional marriage.."

Would they refuse to serve you?

I sort of doubt it... some interesting ramifications there...

-Ted