Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75

Thread: Why in the world was Obama elected?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,086

    Default Why in the world was Obama elected?

    I had someone ask me that question the other day. My short answer was that this country was tired of Bush and while that is true to some extent it doesn't explain it entirely. So, I've been pondering it for a couple of days now and here's my take on it:

    1) Because the MSM and the liberal establishment was up in arms from Dec. 12, 2000 when Bush v. Gore was decided by the Supreme Ct, they immediately launched a campaign to discredit and by any way possible to affect public opinion on Bush in hopes that he would crash and burn during his first term and then the liberals would win in 2004. Thanks greatly to 9/11 that wasn't entirely successful and he was reelected which made them madder. Someone called it Bush Derangement Syndrome and I believe that describes it pretty well. The other day, Sandra Day O'Connor stated her opinion that the court never should have taken that case. I couldn't help but think about, oddly enough, Richard Nixon. In 1960 there was a fair amount of evidence that the Kennedys stole votes in Illinois and Texas with the help of the Democratic machines. Nixon could have very easily taken the same route Gore did. He was even urged to do it. However, he declined because he felt that would be harmful to the nation and since that was at the height of the Cold War, he let it go and ran again in 1968. If the Supreme Ct hadn't intervened, I suspect Gore would still be counting hanging chads etc.

    2) The second term curse kicked in with Hurricane Katrina. That was followed by Pelosi and her crowd. Sadly, since the House has the power of the purse, they ran wild and some of the stuff they passed (and yes, I believe Bush should have vetoed a whole load of it) set the stage for the financial collapse in 2008...especially, the subprime mortgage market. What gets me though is the other day, I read that Obama and his bunch are urging lenders to do the same darned thing again that got us into this mess...namely, issue housing loans to people who very clearly cannot afford them. Will they never learn?

    3) The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were wearing on people. Part of it was due to the inaccurate and biased reporting by the MSM.

    4) The GOP for reasons that make no rational sense to me, have open primaries in a lot of states and of course, because McCain is rather wishy washy, the Dems preferred he be the nominee. So, he was and he ran a miserably inept campaign and refused at every turn to challenge Obama on anything. I suspect he didn't want to be called a racist. Btw, those open primaries need to be closed going forward.

    5) For the longest time, it looked like Hillary Cliinton had a real shot at the nomination. However, at the last minute, it seems that the powers that be in the Dem party decided to take a chance on Obama for a lot of reasons. So, he got the nomination without ever being vetted or having accomplished a single noteworthy thing in his life beyond being elected to the U.S. Senate. I can't stand Hillary and think she would do pretty much what Obama has done only with a more measured paced, but at least she had done stuff in her life.

    6) People fell for the aura and mystery that was Obama. No one cared to know about him or his ideology or anything else. It was as if the country had taken complete leave of their minds.

    7) The real mystery is his getting reelected. One time may be for the heck of it and because you don't know what he stands for, the second time is pure idiocy. Romney didn't challenge Obama either except during the first debate. I think he has pretty much demonstrated where he stands, what his ideology is all about. Now it seems like people in some quarters are waking up and they don't like what they are seeing. Too bad they didn't wake up sooner.

    8) Finally and most importantly, the reason Obama got elected is because God puts leaders in place and takes them out. The U.S. has been busy kicking Him to the curb since 1962 when prayer was removed from schools. The country has just continued down its wrong headed path since then. Sadly and as much as it pains me to say it, on some levels, Obama is the president this country deserves. Also, as we move along in the end times, I think God wanted to give the world a clear example on how easy it will be for the Antichrist to come on the scene and take over hearts and minds. Obama, to me, is there in part to show everyone just how easy it will be. Sadly, I don't most of the world gets that.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Obama was elected because God put him place to serve his purpose.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate
    Posts
    19,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jb777 View Post
    ..........................
    8) Finally and most importantly, the reason Obama got elected is because God puts leaders in place and takes them out. The U.S. has been busy kicking Him to the curb since 1962 when prayer was removed from schools. The country has just continued down its wrong headed path since then. Sadly and as much as it pains me to say it, on some levels, Obama is the president this country deserves. Also, as we move along in the end times, I think God wanted to give the world a clear example on how easy it will be for the Antichrist to come on the scene and take over hearts and minds. Obama, to me, is there in part to show everyone just how easy it will be. Sadly, I don't most of the world gets that.

    God's hand working in the affairs of men is the only thing that makes sense out of this presidency.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

    John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

    “Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    609

    Default

    Well thought out summary, jb. Another reason he was re-elected, I believe, was a tremendous amount of voter fraud. I don't have any "facts" to base my feeling on, but I think the fraud we heard about was only the tip of a gigantic iceberg

    "...but thou, O Lord, art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head."
    Psalm 3:3

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lower 48
    Posts
    40,432

    Default

    We (republicans) can not win this battle and we were not meant to win this battle for the America we used to know and love.
    Republicans and Democrats play the game of politics with a different set of rules.
    President Nixon was forced to resign because Republicans would not tolerate a crook in the White House. President Clinton survived impeachment because the Democrats did not mind a rapist and perjurer in the White House.
    In the state of Connecticut, Senator Blumenthal lied about serving in Vietnam several times on tape. I thaught there was no way he could get elected and he was.
    Even RINO's are supporting Gay marriage and higher taxes.
    We are just moments from the Rapture and these people will fit right in with the Antichrist.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South Texas, USA
    Posts
    3,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slappi View Post
    Obama was elected because God put him place to serve his purpose.
    I agree.
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks Alaska
    Posts
    19,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slappi View Post
    Obama was elected because God put him place to serve his purpose.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slappi View Post
    Obama was elected because God put him place to serve his purpose.

    Another vote
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cajun Country
    Posts
    1,778

    Default

    And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting
    Romans 1:28, NKJV

    God is giving this nation over to its evil desires.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    I agree with the OP's assessment except that I would have to add that Obama's race absolutely played a large part in why he was elected the first time. The second time was much more of a mystery to me as well. I believe we had many Republicans who didn't like Romney (for whatever reason) and so didn't vote for him. God absolutely placed Obama in power.

    I personally do not believe we will see another Republican in the White House for a very long time. Maybe even a generation, mostly because of the Mainstream Media. They are just another arm of the Democrat machine and they will absolutely not allow another Republican in office, ever. They will deflect, minimize and cover up any and every mistake a Democrat makes, yet magnify, exaggerate and even manufacture any mistake a Republican makes. This along with the low information voters, the moral decline of this country with the acceptance of all things sinful and the fact that so many are rewarded for being lazy makes this likely. Factor in the eventual passing of immigration reform and Republicans, I fear, will go the way of the Whigs.

    I don't believe our country will fall under communistic or socialistic control in the way I occasionally wondered about as a kid...through force by another country or dictatorship. No, it will be achieved while the American people still "believe" that we have a democracy, when in fact, it will be under one party rule and sadly, that one party will not be the party of freedom. (Sorry if I sound conspiratorial).

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    528

    Default Watching and waiting!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by angelka71 View Post

    I personally do not believe we will see another Republican in the White House for a very long time.
    I think we've gotten to the point where there will be no election in 2016. Watch fo O to run again in a seudo election

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate
    Posts
    19,746

    Default

    Na, they must have some appearance of legitimacy.

    Have a proxy serve 4 years, then O' can run again.

    Worked for Putin.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

    John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

    “Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    488

    Default

    Or have Michelle run!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jb777 View Post
    I had someone ask me that question the other day. My short answer was that this country was tired of Bush and while that is true to some extent it doesn't explain it entirely. So, I've been pondering it for a couple of days now and here's my take on it:

    1) Because the MSM and the liberal establishment was up in arms from Dec. 12, 2000 when Bush v. Gore was decided by the Supreme Ct, they immediately launched a campaign to discredit and by any way possible to affect public opinion on Bush in hopes that he would crash and burn during his first term and then the liberals would win in 2004. Thanks greatly to 9/11 that wasn't entirely successful and he was reelected which made them madder. Someone called it Bush Derangement Syndrome and I believe that describes it pretty well. The other day, Sandra Day O'Connor stated her opinion that the court never should have taken that case. I couldn't help but think about, oddly enough, Richard Nixon. In 1960 there was a fair amount of evidence that the Kennedys stole votes in Illinois and Texas with the help of the Democratic machines. Nixon could have very easily taken the same route Gore did. He was even urged to do it. However, he declined because he felt that would be harmful to the nation and since that was at the height of the Cold War, he let it go and ran again in 1968. If the Supreme Ct hadn't intervened, I suspect Gore would still be counting hanging chads etc.

    2) The second term curse kicked in with Hurricane Katrina. That was followed by Pelosi and her crowd. Sadly, since the House has the power of the purse, they ran wild and some of the stuff they passed (and yes, I believe Bush should have vetoed a whole load of it) set the stage for the financial collapse in 2008...especially, the subprime mortgage market. What gets me though is the other day, I read that Obama and his bunch are urging lenders to do the same darned thing again that got us into this mess...namely, issue housing loans to people who very clearly cannot afford them. Will they never learn?

    3) The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were wearing on people. Part of it was due to the inaccurate and biased reporting by the MSM.

    4) The GOP for reasons that make no rational sense to me, have open primaries in a lot of states and of course, because McCain is rather wishy washy, the Dems preferred he be the nominee. So, he was and he ran a miserably inept campaign and refused at every turn to challenge Obama on anything. I suspect he didn't want to be called a racist. Btw, those open primaries need to be closed going forward.

    5) For the longest time, it looked like Hillary Cliinton had a real shot at the nomination. However, at the last minute, it seems that the powers that be in the Dem party decided to take a chance on Obama for a lot of reasons. So, he got the nomination without ever being vetted or having accomplished a single noteworthy thing in his life beyond being elected to the U.S. Senate. I can't stand Hillary and think she would do pretty much what Obama has done only with a more measured paced, but at least she had done stuff in her life.

    6) People fell for the aura and mystery that was Obama. No one cared to know about him or his ideology or anything else. It was as if the country had taken complete leave of their minds.

    7) The real mystery is his getting reelected. One time may be for the heck of it and because you don't know what he stands for, the second time is pure idiocy. Romney didn't challenge Obama either except during the first debate. I think he has pretty much demonstrated where he stands, what his ideology is all about. Now it seems like people in some quarters are waking up and they don't like what they are seeing. Too bad they didn't wake up sooner.

    8) Finally and most importantly, the reason Obama got elected is because God puts leaders in place and takes them out. The U.S. has been busy kicking Him to the curb since 1962 when prayer was removed from schools. The country has just continued down its wrong headed path since then. Sadly and as much as it pains me to say it, on some levels, Obama is the president this country deserves. Also, as we move along in the end times, I think God wanted to give the world a clear example on how easy it will be for the Antichrist to come on the scene and take over hearts and minds. Obama, to me, is there in part to show everyone just how easy it will be. Sadly, I don't most of the world gets that.
    Very good assessment IMO. Most MSM uses 'Yellow Journalism' very effectively. There is very little good journalism these days.

    From wikipedia: Frank Luther Mott (1941) defines yellow journalism in terms of five characteristics:

    1.scare headlines in huge print, often of minor news
    2.lavish use of pictures, or imaginary drawings
    3.use of faked interviews, misleading headlines, pseudoscience, and a parade of false learning from so-called experts
    4.emphasis on full-color Sunday supplements, usually with comic strips
    5.dramatic sympathy with the "underdog" against the system
    2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God, and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness.

  15. #15
    out of the box Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph The Carpenter View Post
    President Clinton survived impeachment because the Democrats did not mind a rapist and perjurer in the White House.
    Clinton should have been impeached and removed from office because affairs create a blackmail risk. No public official should be allowed to remain in office if they have an affair.

    But who did he rape? I missed something.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Obama was elected because God is not going to intervene into every nook and cranny of our lives to stop us from our own sinful ways and reprobate minds. Obama is a byproduct of our current society.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Iowayyy
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HikerLady View Post
    Well thought out summary, jb. Another reason he was re-elected, I believe, was a tremendous amount of voter fraud. I don't have any "facts" to base my feeling on, but I think the fraud we heard about was only the tip of a gigantic iceberg
    I'm in total agreement with you on this, HikerLady....it's physically impossible to have "110%" of a precinct vote! or have some of the lopsided totals they produced for Obama & Romney....
    This world is not my home. I'm just passing through. If heaven's not my home, O Lord, what would I do? The angels beckon me from heaven's open door, and I can't feel at home in this world anymore."
    Complete justice for us will come only "when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels" (v. 7).

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by out of the box View Post
    Clinton should have been impeached and removed from office because affairs create a blackmail risk. No public official should be allowed to remain in office if they have an affair.

    But who did he rape? I missed something.
    Hi ~ Clinton was accused of raping Juanita Broaddrick before being elected President. Most people ( including me) found
    her to be very credible (she was a pro-Clinton supporter). If you google her name, you can watch an interview with her.

    Btw, Clinton was actually impeached. But the Senate did not ...vote him out (can't remember the technical term
    for what the Senate did).

    Gosh, what leaders we have!
    Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy flight!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Gomorrah
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Why is Barak Obama in office...

    I'm having trouble trying to make sense out of things going on in the world today. It's as though a change has occured in the world...a disturbance in the force, if you will.

    A few weeks ago, I saw, for the first time, a video of Barak Obama openly mocking the Bible in a speech he was giving. I was shocked.

    Now, it appears the Pentagon is poised to court-martial Christians for professing their faith. I was stunned.

    My problem...or more correctly...my concern about B.O. transcends the typical democrat vs republican debate. I have begun to sense something spiritually wrong with him. Of even larger concern, is that this spiritual sickness seems to be spreading throughout the population.

    I liken it to the delusion that befalls those who take the MOB during the tribulation. Perhaps the Saints are being worn out?

    So...to answer the question in the OP...apparently Barak Obama is serving some higher purpose that I can't fully understand yet. Or maybe i'm just a raving loon!
    If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.

    John 15:19

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    As north as possible
    Posts
    1,198

    Tsk tsk

    Imho...it is part of the pre-arrival of the final anti-christ. The world wants him and they're going to get him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •