Thread: Francis Chan Scheduled for IHOP One Thing Event

Doh! Francis Chan Scheduled for IHOP One Thing Event

I was just checking Francis Chan's speaking schedule. He is scheduled for IHOP's, One Thing Event in Kansas City, MO, December 30, 2013. This is according to Chan's website: http://www.francischan.org/#/speaking

IHOP's site has not extended their schedule that far, so it is not available for viewing at this time.

I've always been uncomfortable of Chan's doctrine, however, this is an indication that he is sliding quickly into the false teaching of the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR).
    John 14:6
    Jesus answered, "I am the WAY and the TRUTH and the LIFE, no one comes to the Father except through Me."

Default One Thing

On a somewhat related note. I've been writing a warning to my friends about "The Message". In my research I show the use of the phrase "as above, so below" used in the Model Prayer by the MESS instead of, "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done" Matt 6:9-10 . The origin of this phrase comes from an ancient Hermetic text and is one of the most recognizable phrases used in the occult. In the opening lines of the translation of The Emerald Stone, the phrase includes the comments about "One Thing" (I'm only showing this to show a correlation with these phrases and the occult, I'm not intending to promote them in any way).

that which is above is the same as that which is below, and that which is below is the same as that which is above, for the performance of miracles of the One Thing. And as all things are from the One, by the meditation of One, so all things have their birth from this One Thing by adaptation.
    Although IHOP uses Psalm 27:4 as the basis of their concept of "One Thing", I'm inclined to believe they are being demonically influenced with this more pagan, satanic definition of the word. Their prophecies, dreams, visions, signs and wonders and their Dominion / Kingdom Now theology would indicate demonic influence rather than Biblical.

Has anyone come across any writings along the lines of "One Thing" from a Biblical, Christian perspective? If so, I'd be interested in researching this a little further.
    John 14:6
    Jesus answered, "I am the WAY and the TRUTH and the LIFE, no one comes to the Father except through Me."

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

seeker driven and emergent and NAR types are all working together in some form.

I have said the NAR and the Emergents are 2 different sides of a toxic coin with the same goal: to lead people away from sound doctrine and truth.

the goal of seeker driven and emergent and NAR types is to eliminate discernment and truth altogether and have a anything goes type of christianity.
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)