Thread: Fukushima's Radioactive Ocean Plume to Reach US Waters by 2014

Default Fukushima's Radioactive Ocean Plume to Reach US Waters by 2014

Fukushima's Radioactive Ocean Plume to Reach US Waters by 2014

A radioactive plume of water in the Pacific Ocean from Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant, which was crippled in the 2011 earthquake and tsunami, will likely reach U.S. coastal waters starting in 2014, according to a new study. The long journey of the radioactive particles could help researchers better understand how the oceanís currents circulate around the world.

Ocean simulations showed that the plume of radioactive cesium-137 released by the Fukushima disaster in 2011 could begin flowing into U.S. coastal waters starting in early 2014 and peak in 2016. Luckily, two ocean currents off the eastern coast of Japan ó the Kuroshio Current and the Kuroshio Extension ó would have diluted the radioactive material so that its concentration fell well below the World Health Organizationís safety levels within four months of the Fukushima incident. But it could have been a different story if nuclear disaster struck on the other side of Japan.

http://news.yahoo.com/fukushimas-rad...-132118620.htm

Default Japan reiterates it may consider discharging radiated Fukushima water into ocean

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

I sure hope we are outta here before it reaches the US coast

So if you notice the spicy tuna roll seems a little spicier than normal next year...

good grief. We have done spoilt the Pacific Ocean.

Lopiekitty Guest

OK, news this morning is NOW they want to build an "ice wall"......Who thinks this is a beyond brilliant idea? Show of hands.....anyone? anyone?

I mean really.....an ICE WALL?!

Must be ice to go into that beverage along with your "spicy tuna" ..... I loved that pixelpusher....spicy tuna indeed!