Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ****NOAH the movie****

Darren Aronofsky who directed "Black Swan" which from what I heard was a very strange and disturbing movie.
    You heard right.

I knew nothing about The Black Swan other than it had a ballet theme. When the movie was shown on TV about 2 months ago and I was shocked by the dark content. It was nothing more than a slasher movie with some lesbian imagery tossed in. The fact Natalie Portman won an Oscar for such filth made me sick.

Like so many movies today I believe Swan was heavily inspired by demons. I held out a sliver of hope that "Noah" would be biblically accurate but now I see otherwise.

Thanks for the headsup, Kerusso02.

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

Quote Originally Posted by Biblebabe View Post
    Scripture? NOT! I have been reading on this film and they have taken huge "creative" liberties to tell the story "their way." So if you can stand watching it as an Hollyweird action film you should be fine...

That's what I saw from the preview. I'll probably skip it because it'll just make me mad.

Default Noah movie

I saw a trailer for a movie called "Noah" which is supposed to be coming out in March. Does anyone know anything about it? Anyone planning on seeing it?
    For the truly faithful, no miracle is necessary.
    For those who doubt, no miracle is sufficient.
    --Nancy Gibbs

There is a thread already started I believe. I don't plan on watching it.
    and to wait for his Son from heaven,
    whom he raised from the dead—Jesus,
    who rescues us from the coming wrath
    1 Thessalonians 1:10

Default Noah, the official movie

I watched the trailer of Noah starring Russel Crowe. The special effects look decent but I am wondering what everyone's opinion is concerning the new trailer. Would you watch this in theatres or buy it on blueray/dvd??

You might want to read this and then decide:

http://blogs.answersingenesis.org/bl...ntent=FaceBook

There is another thread about this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing4 View Post
    You might want to read this and then decide:

There is another thread about this movie.
    Ahh I see. All that glitters is not gold. Thanks for the url.

Where the mosquitoes are hungry and big, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Raynbowz View Post
    I saw a trailer for a movie called "Noah" which is supposed to be coming out in March. Does anyone know anything about it? Anyone planning on seeing it?
    Just to be clear there are actually two movies about Noah coming out in March the first is the one with Russel Crowe and the other is a documentary, as I understand it, by Living Waters/Ray Comfort. I think Ray Comfort said they decided to release their movie as a rebuttal to the Hollywood movie. Check with Living Waters to see if they have posted more information about their movie.

Thank you, I didn't realize there was a link. I just heard Ray Comfort talking about it some time ago. Does having two movies released on the same day qualify as in the days of Noah? Just kidding, the Lord will call us when He's ready. Not when I am, now..... okay now..... oh well. soon please Lord.

You are welcome. The only reason I knew the link was because one of my friends had just posted it on Facebook.

You are welcome. The only reason I knew the link was because one of my friends had just posted it on Facebook.
    Now that's a good idea. I seldom post anything on Facebook but that's worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by SavedWretch View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Kerusso02. Will be skipping it then. I knew it was too good to be true.
    I too want to thank Kerusso02 for the information on the movie. If it were just me I would not go see the movie but my
    brother wants to see it and I'm not sure that he is saved but he has been listening to me & my mum about Jesus.
    If I say I don't want to see NOAH I'm worried it will upset him but I will set him straight about the wrongs in the movie and
    urge him to read The Bible
    "without Jesus my life on earth would be like listening to a neverending Fleetwood Mac song" BB

-------------------------- To Live Is To Die --------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    You heard right.

I knew nothing about The Black Swan other than it had a ballet theme. When the movie was shown on TV about 2 months ago and I was shocked by the dark content. It was nothing more than a slasher movie with some lesbian imagery tossed in. The fact Natalie Portman won an Oscar for such filth made me sick.

Like so many movies today I believe Swan was heavily inspired by demons. I held out a sliver of hope that "Noah" would be biblically accurate but now I see otherwise.

Thanks for the headsup, Kerusso02.
    I don't like 'Black Swan' either *urgh* Portman didn't deserve an Oscar imo. but then these are earthly awards for people
    who more than likely don't even believe there is a God, let alone obey him.
    I read Genesis 6-9 last night to get the Biblical Noah in my head because I think I may be seeing this film with my brother.
    I wouldn't chose to see it for myself but he seems to be looking for the Lord and at least I know there will be no blasphemy in the film.
    however I have told him that I'd like him to read the scripture before we see the film so he knows what is not true at least
    we will have discernment on our side
    "without Jesus my life on earth would be like listening to a neverending Fleetwood Mac song" BB

-------------------------- To Live Is To Die --------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Kerusso02 View Post
    From Answers in Genesis:

We have heard from various sources—including two close friends of AiG who watched a rough cut of the film—that it is not at all faithful to the biblical account in Genesis. The final movie will probably be very unbiblical in some bizarre and shocking ways...
    Here are a few more problem areas seen in the rough cut of the film, most of which I expect to be in the final film:

In the film, Noah was robbed of his birthright by Tubal-Cain. The serpent’s body (i.e., Satan), which was shed in Eden, was their “birthright reminder.” It also doubled with magical power that they would wrap around their arm. So weird!

Noah’s family only consists of his wife, three sons, and one daughter-in-law, contrary to the Bible.

It appears as if every species was crammed in the Ark instead of just the kinds of animals, thus mocking the Ark account the same way secularists do today.

“Rocks” (that seem to be fallen angels) build the Ark with Noah!

Methuselah (Noah’s grandfather) is a type of witch-doctor, whose mental health is questionable.

Tubal-Cain defeats the Rocks who were protecting the finished Ark.

A wounded Tubal-Cain axes his way inside the Ark in only about ten minutes and then hides inside. Tubal-Cain then convinces the middle son to lure Noah to the bottom of the Ark in order to murder him (because he was not allowed a wife in the Ark). Tubal-Cain stays alive by eating hibernating lizards. The middle son of Noah has a change of heart and helps kill Tubal-Cain instead.

Noah becomes almost crazy as he believes the only purpose to his family’s existence was to help build the Ark for the “innocent” animals (this is a worship of creation).

Noah repeatedly tells his family that they were the last generation and were never to procreate. So when his daughter-in-law becomes pregnant, he vows to murder his own grandchild. But he finally has a change of heart.

Noah does not have a relationship with God but rather with circumstances and has deadly visions of the Flood.

The Ark lands on a cliff next to a beach.

After the Flood Noah becomes so distant from his family that he lives in a cave, getting drunk by the beach.

Do you really want your family/children to see such an unbiblical Hollywood portrayal of a very sobering event in Scripture, one that was a result of man’s wickedness? Do you want your kids to see Noah’s Ark portrayed by Hollywood as above, instead of the fact it was an Ark of salvation because of the grace of God—reminding us that as Noah and his family went through a door to be saved, so we need to go through a door?

Thank you so much for your post. I have not had the time to break this down the way you have. It is done quite well. This movie is about environmentalism and overpopulation. That is the real message in this movie. As well, the director is the creator of this movie and he has no relationship with the Lord whatsoever. He was born Jewish, but is a carnal Jew. This movie is NOT about sin and redemption. It doesn't point to Jesus in any way. As far as he is concerned the Jews (and Islamics from what the current reports have been) are just mucking up a beautiful film. I am praying for Mr. Crowe. He has made some foolish mistakes that have been made very public in his life as well as decisions that are very telling in regards to his lack of salvation. Just because he is in the midst of directing his first feature film, The Water Diviner, and calling his production company "Fear of God Productions" doesn't exempt him from the fact that he is an unbeliever.
    Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12 NIV)

I watched the trailer and I knew right away that it was not going to be Biblically accurate. Hollywood always gives it its own spin. I saw some criticism on the movie that was pretty harsh by the secular media and thought, well, if they are being so critical of it, it might be good. I also would like read what the Christian cinema is saying about this movie.
    Thank you, God, for my salvation!

Default Noah (the movie)

Is anyone planning on seeing it when it is released in theaters in a couple weeks?

I truly hope it sticks to the biblical as much as possible.

Russell Crowe is in the title role, and I think it will take the biblical perspective regarding the fallen angels of Genesis 6.

The reason I think it will is because the cast of characters lists the names of two fallen angels from the Book of Enoch.

There is already a thread on this...

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1905...ght=Noah+Movie

This is one movie I will not go see, The maker of The Black Swan did Noah also. He is heavy into environmental stuff and even has Noah being like that.

I'm afraid, that I will have to second the motion when it comes to this film.

While the story may keep the main core themes, there is enough "pollution" in the film that clouds scripture.....