Thread: World Mission Society Church of God?

SharMal Guest

Default World Mission Society Church of God?

I just had two people come to my door, saying they were from the Church of God.

They were saying that all other Christians were worshiping the sun-god, because they worship on Sundays. That they are pagans and that there is only one church that is true, which is theirs.
    They said that God is both God the father and God the mother.
    They said that the bride spoken of in revelation 22:17 is God the mother and that she is the last mystery of the bible.
    They gave scriptures, I don't remember all of them, but one was Genesis 1:26. Another was the Lord's prayer where it says, " Thy will be done on earth as in heaven." They said those are proof that there is a God the Mother, because on earth we have both Father and Mother.
    They said that God the Mother is the one that's coming back for her children at the second coming.

When they wanted to get my email and phone number, I told them I would just look them up on the internet. They then said that they don't have a website, because it's surrounded by a lot of negative reviews and people saying not to listen to what they're preaching, because they're the Christians that worship the pagan god.

Has anyone heard of this church or teachings before? They said they're a new church and I don't believe what they're saying, but I don't want to be ignorant surrounding what they're teaching and why it's false doctrine.

It appears to be these guys: http://usa.watv.org/

Run away from these people like your hair was on fire!

SharMal Guest

Thank you! I took a look at it and it has a lot of what they were saying! I knew something was off!

A little side note: the topic was supposed to say church and not cruch!

Default church of God

I go to a Church of God and I've nevr heard any of this crazy stuff. My Church teaches like the baptist
    church that I attended when I could drive. . We worship on Sunday morning and I have not heard the pastor say that other Christian denominations are in error. Not all churchs that are church of God are cults.

Wow, what a hot mess of a cult. They are anti-Biblical on everything.

(I'll change the typo in the title. )
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Galatians 1:8-9 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

This isn't the evangelical "church of God"

Quote Originally Posted by ludite View Post
    I go to a Church of God and I've nevr heard any of this crazy stuff. My Church teaches like the baptist
    church that I attended when I could drive. . We worship on Sunday morning and I have not heard the pastor say that other Christian denominations are in error. Not all churchs that are church of God are cults.
    Yes, it's a bit confusing
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

SharMal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ludite View Post

Sorry, I had asked them what church they went to and that's the answer they gave me. However, it looks like they are the World Mission Society Church of God that started in South Korea by Ahn Sahng-hong. Sorry, I don't know too much about all the different churches there are and wasn't trying to offend anyone by my title.

Quote Originally Posted by SharMal View Post
    Sorry, I had asked them what church they went to and that's the answer they gave me. However, it looks like they are the World Mission Society Church of God that started in South Korea by Ahn Sahng-hong. Sorry, I don't know too much about all the different churches there are and wasn't trying to offend anyone by my title.
    No worries, you did nothing wrong, you just repeated what they told you. Ludite was clarifying some of the confusion they caused.

It makes disturbing sense that the cult members would try to hide who they are by giving you an incomplete a wrong name. If they didn't want you checking the web to see who they are, they wouldn't give you a correct name so you could do just that.

So glad you discerned error and shooed them away.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Sounds nutty as a fruitcake.

Take one and pass it on!

This church is picking up steam but they are heretics in the highest order. I would advise people of this board to really know what these people believe because they are as adamant about talking to people as the JW's and LDS people are. They are pretty knowledgeable about the Bible, just not in a good way. I was jammed up by a guy at 7-11 one morning. Then he got into the whole God the mother thing. They are really similar to the moonies, that believe Sun Myung Moon was Christ. The WMSCOG believes that Ahn Sahng-hong was Christ that came back. Obviously, their theology is completely shot. I let him go on because I was intrigued but past a certain point I told him that what he was saying was heresy when he said "he came back to give us a new way to salvation." I wish I would have been a little more compassionate but that was bad.

Anyways, keep on the look out. They were awarded a Group Citation and the U.S. President's Volunteer Service Award awhile back. This is a scary group. They seem to prey on minorities as well.

A couple days ago these people came up to my 16yr old DD in Walmart. I was in another isle and she immediately recognized something was very off with them. Then I came up and they began speaking of Mother God and how Jesus had already returned in 1948. They were insistant and it was very difficult to "get away" from them. Anytime my DD or I tried to question or "correct" them all they would say is that they are trying to explain these things to us because we have never heard of them and that even out Pastor has never heard of them. I told them we were Baptist and we were not interested in changing. Finally they left us alone. It was weird.