Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Rose Bowl Parade will feature a live gay-marriage

Default 2014 Rose Bowl Parade will feature a live gay-marriage

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...-parade-float/

Amid the floral floats, spirited marching bands, and high stepping equestrian units at next year’s Tournament of Roses Parade, a gay couple is set to marry,

On New Year’s Day, with tens of millions watching, the two grooms – Aubrey Loots, 42, and Danny Leclair, 45, of Los Angeles, will profess their love on a giant wedding cake shaped float – a first in the parade’s 125 year history.

“No sense of doing it small,” said Danny Leclair on the phone from his office in Los Angeles.

A play on the parade’s 2014 theme “Dreams Come True,” and sponsored by the AIDS Healthcare Foundation, the float will celebrate same sex marriage and the role it can play in helping to reduce new HIV infections among gay men.

My Rapture/Left Behind Message

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

A Government big enough to give you anything you want, is also big enough to take away everything you have

You could not pay me to go to or even watch these parades. And especially let my grandchildren watch.
    We have fallen so far and so very fast. And it makes me truly sick, and very sad.

I wonder if the US is now worse than Sodom and Gomorrah. If we add in all the babies being raped and all the hate and violence, I bet that the US is at least as bad, but maybe now we have surpassed them. If so, it won't be much longer-I would think-before something big happens to destroy us also.

Have you ever wondered if perhaps the events of Sodom and Gomorrah were a precursor of today? Remember when the Lord told Abraham that the cry against Sodom and Gomorrah was very great, yet in that day there were not five righteous people in it to justify not destroying it. Maybe what the Lord heard from 'afar' was our cries today. Peter wrote that Lot was persecuted in his righteous soul by the sin that was all around him. We are persecuted too, we just tend to think that persecution must be physical, which is not necessarily so. Just wondering...

Maranatha!
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Quote Originally Posted by carol1948 View Post
    Have you ever wondered if perhaps the events of Sodom and Gomorrah were a precursor of today? Just wondering...

Maranatha!

I've wondered this too, Carol. This country is so far down in the sewer, just like those days were. You couldn't pay me to watch the Rose Bowl Parade

"...but thou, O Lord, art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head."
    Psalm 3:3

Quote Originally Posted by carol1948 View Post
    Have you ever wondered if perhaps the events of Sodom and Gomorrah were a precursor of today? Remember when the Lord told Abraham that the cry against Sodom and Gomorrah was very great, yet in that day there were not five righteous people in it to justify not destroying it. Maybe what the Lord heard from 'afar' was our cries today. Peter wrote that Lot was persecuted in his righteous soul by the sin that was all around him. We are persecuted too, we just tend to think that persecution must be physical, which is not necessarily so. Just wondering...

Maranatha!
    2 Peter 2:6-9 6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

Interesting observation....I have often wondered whether one of the deciding factors for the timing of the Rapture will be that the saved are so distressed by the evil surrounding us constantly. I know I certainly am.

Plus, the influence of that evil is increasingly permeating the church so that more and more Christians are becoming lukewarm and carnally-minded, being tempted and led astray by the world's influences. I wonder how long will God allow this to continue?
    Hey, Dad......ARE WE THERE YET?

Quote Originally Posted by Trance View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...-parade-float/

Amid the floral floats, spirited marching bands, and high stepping equestrian units at next year’s Tournament of Roses Parade, a gay couple is set to marry,

On New Year’s Day, with tens of millions watching, the two grooms – Aubrey Loots, 42, and Danny Leclair, 45, of Los Angeles, will profess their love on a giant wedding cake shaped float – a first in the parade’s 125 year history.

“No sense of doing it small,” said Danny Leclair on the phone from his office in Los Angeles.

A play on the parade’s 2014 theme “Dreams Come True,” and sponsored by the AIDS Healthcare Foundation, the float will celebrate same sex marriage and the role it can play in helping to reduce new HIV infections among gay men.
    Noah's Ark is almost finished.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Yet another good reason NOT to watch the parade this year.............

How nauseating!

Lord, please come quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by savedatcamp View Post
    You could not pay me to go to or even watch these parades. And especially let my grandchildren watch.
    We have fallen so far and so very fast. And it makes me truly sick, and very sad.
    We are falling right into the rapture.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    We are falling right into the rapture.
    That part I like!

Quote Originally Posted by debi208 View Post
    I wonder if the US is now worse than Sodom and Gomorrah. If we add in all the babies being raped and all the hate and violence, I bet that the US is at least as bad, but maybe now we have surpassed them. If so, it won't be much longer-I would think-before something big happens to destroy us also.
    I was thinking and maybe someone knows the answer.....how big was S & G compared to the US? Collectively is the USA larger population...it would seem it would almost be worse for us now than them back then with a larger population. I'm not sure if I make my question clear. Anyone have an idea or guess?
    "Even so, come Lord Jesus, come. Even so....come and take Your Bride away. How my soul longs to be with You, my Lord! Even so, even so, come, Lord Jesus, come!" (Rev. 22:20)...Terry MacAlmon Music Ministries

....the float will celebrate same sex marriage and the role it can play in helping to reduce new HIV infections among gay men.
    But the sexual acts that are being celebrated & promoted on the float produce HIV. Talk about convoluted logic.

JESUS is the Light
    of the world

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    But the sexual acts that are being celebrated & promoted on the float produce HIV. Talk about convoluted logic.
    HIV is a virus Barb. It's not manifested by sodomites, they're just more prone to be carriers.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Holiday whooby whaty? I wasn't watching that before and I certainly ain't watching it now.

And the irony of it all is that if it were Christians that wanted to do something public on a Rose bowl float it would be mass chaos with people tripping over themselves to prevent it from happening

I do not get the double standard~Christians are frowned upon(putting it very mildly ) for supposedly "shoving" our beliefs in the faces of those that are not interested...but something like this,so twisted,is deemed ok to put in the faces of little children that will be watching.

It makes my brain hurt....

I've been watching the Rose Parade since I was 4. I remember sitting on the floor in front of the tv, watching the test pattern until the parade started.

I guess it is time to end the tradition.

(sigh)

Take one and pass it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Spider View Post
    2 Peter 2:6-9 6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

Interesting observation....I have often wondered whether one of the deciding factors for the timing of the Rapture will be that the saved are so distressed by the evil surrounding us constantly. I know I certainly am.

Plus, the influence of that evil is increasingly permeating the church so that more and more Christians are becoming lukewarm and carnally-minded, being tempted and led astray by the world's influences. I wonder how long will God allow this to continue?
    For the past few weeks I've felt like I'm in physical turmoil. I haven't had words to put to it until now - "...tormented in his soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard...." This is what I have been feeling! I feel like I'm living on an alien planet where everything that's good and normal and reasonable has been completely turned on its head and I'm completely surrounded by evil. I feel uncomfortable all the time, like I would give anything to get off this planet and away from this sin-loving, depraved, degenerate, disgusting, God-hating filthy world. I didn't think I'd have any crown to lay before Jesus' feet, but now I'm pretty sure I'll hopefully have the Crown of Righteousness. How many times a day do I look up to the heavens and either ask Jesus is it time for the Church to go or can He please make the Rapture happen right now. Eagerly awaiting doesn't quite describe what I'm feeling about Jesus' return, I am desperate for it to happen! I am so tired, so weary, and I want so much for Jesus to call us home and be with Him eternally. And ungodly, perverted acts against God Almighty like this are the reason why!

Quote Originally Posted by Patti311 View Post
    I was thinking and maybe someone knows the answer.....how big was S & G compared to the US? Collectively is the USA larger population...it would seem it would almost be worse for us now than them back then with a larger population. I'm not sure if I make my question clear. Anyone have an idea or guess?
    Sounds like you are asking the same question I've asked before
    What is the ratio of "righteous" in the USA to the total population compared to the same in Sodom & Gommorah?

In other words, ten would have saved Sodom, and for demo purposes assume the population was 1,000.
    God would have spared Sodom if 10 % of the people had been righteous.
    Assuming 350,000,000 pop. in the USA, this would translate into 3,500,000 "righteous" to save the USA.
    'Course Abraham stopped at 10, so we really do not know what limit (if there was a limit) God used to declare judgment.

At any rate, I feel sure this nation is approaching that "maybe" limit. Perhaps this criteria is that that will be the trigger for the rapture!?!?!? MARANATHA

What a way to start 2014. The first day of the new year and ten's of millions including children, will be watching this sick marriage vow between two men? What a complete mockery of God and His Word. I can only hope for the rapture - like NOW! I just almost can't stand living here on this sin infected world anymore. I'm ready to go home!
    To Look For His Return Is To Live For His Glory

We will no longer be watching the Rose Bowl Parade, and after this years Macy's Day Parade, we won't be watching that one either