Thread: "Hand of God" Nebula spotted by NASA Telescope

Default "Hand of God" Nebula spotted by NASA Telescope

'Hand of God' spotted by NASA space telescope
    http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/...ntcmp=trending

- Religion and astronomy may not overlap often, but a new NASA X-ray image captures a celestial object that resembles the "Hand of God."
    - The cosmic "hand of God" photo was produced when a star exploded and ejected an enormous cloud of material, which NASA's Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array, or NuSTAR, glimpsed in high-energy X-rays, shown in blue in the photo.
    - The new image depicts a pulsar wind nebula, produced by the dense remnant of a star that exploded in a supernova.
    - What's left behind is a pulsar, called PSR B1509-58 (B1509 for short), which spins around 7 times per second blowing a wind of particles into material ejected during the star's death throes.
    - As these particles interact with nearby magnetic fields, they produce an X-ray glow in the shape of a hand. (The pulsar is located near the bright white spot in the image but cannot be seen itself, NASA officials said.)
    - Scientists aren't sure whether the ejected material actually assumes the shape of a hand, or whether its interaction with the pulsar's particles is just making it appear that way.
    - "We don't know if the hand shape is an optical illusion," Hongjun An, of McGill University in Montreal, said in a statement. "With NuSTAR, the hand looks more like a fist, which is giving us some clues."
    Genesis 12:3 (NIV)
    "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth shall be blessed through you."
    A verse the world keeps forgetting about Israel.

Is it just me or does it seem like the hand is holding a crown? It is as if the Lord is saying, "I did this for you."

Quote Originally Posted by m281920 View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem like the hand is holding a crown? It is as if the Lord is saying, "I did this for you."
    The white part reminds me of a nail hole with blood coming forth.

Quote Originally Posted by vbf View Post
    The white part reminds me of a nail hole with blood coming forth.

Oh my! I just saw it totally different than I did yesterday. Yes, the nail wound would have been in Jesus' wrist, not hand from what I've learned of crucifixtion. Looks like the hand is reaching for the bloody crown of thorns. Unbelievable. Who can say looking at this photo that God does not exist? Truly amazing sign from Him.
    Lord, heal me, and I will truly be healed. Save me, and I will truly be saved. You are the one I praise. Jeremiah 17:14

I thought God's hand was much larger than that!
    There is One King, and He is not this guy.

It's beautiful!!

Interesting they actually see a hand shape, and actually attribute it to God. Why aren't the atheists running around complaining that it should be an alien hand? I can see now how people will become so much more bold to snub God and curse Him like Revelation says... the news reporters just say these things flippantly, not having any idea....

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchedUp View Post
    ... the hand looks more like a fist, which is giving us some clues.
    Really? What clues? If I saw something that I thought looked like the hand of God, and I thought it was looking like it was becoming a fist, I think the clue would be - REPENT!

Reminds me of the writing on the wall in the old testament.... what was the king's name? He was drunk (I think) and actually was afraid, terrified, because he realized what it meant to see the hand of God. Do these people have so much pride they don't fathom what this means? Are they not terrified of this? I wish people would see this and wake up and accept Christ's free give while there is still time!
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Bleh...
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Quote Originally Posted by OnceWasLost View Post
    I thought God's hand was much larger than that!
    It's a lot closer to us too.

The image is still cool nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by onceblind View Post
    It's a lot closer to us too.

The image is still cool nonetheless.
    There is One King, and He is not this guy.