Thread: Unclaimed Funds in State Treasuries

Default Unclaimed Funds in State Treasuries

I recently saw an article on Yahoo about this very thing. It prompted a memory of searching my state a few years ago, resulting in $50 for a friend that had no idea it was out there. Curled in my chair with a blankie this afternoon, I searched two different states for family and friends, shocked to find unclaimed funds for several people.

Using a search engine of your choice type in the state name followed by "unclaimed funds" which should bring up an official state page where you can enter search criteria. Ladies, please be sure you check both maiden and married names for yourself.

Hope it's a nice surprise for some of you.

The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Saw something about that a year or so ago, and checked on it.

Lo and behold, found an account of a CD my Mom had that she apparently lost track of in the amount of a little over $13,000.
    She had been dead for less than a year and I checked more out of curiosity than expecting anything.

My wife found something from her deceased Dad also, tho only about $1,200 after splitting w/ her brother.

By all means, check it out; you never know.

An attorney contacted my family, and we each got some money.

In my case, because we had the lawyer he got I think 20%.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

I saw a post on Facebook so I checked my name...Nada. Put in hubster's name and he had 3 claims from his insurance company! Contacted the treasurer's office and the insurance company, got the necessary paperwork together and he should be receiving $1400.00 soon!

Quote Originally Posted by freedomnut View Post
    found an account of a CD my Mom had that she apparently lost track of in the amount of a little over $13,000.
    The Lord said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9
    I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord. Apart from you, I have no good thing." -Psalm 16:2
    I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength. -Philippians 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post
    "The service is unavailable." You've overwhelmed the site!
    The Lord said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9
    I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord. Apart from you, I have no good thing." -Psalm 16:2
    I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength. -Philippians 4:13