Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: why so many dead bankers lately?

Default Another one

This one hits me personally since my mother-in-law worked for this gentleman's father.
    What a crazy world and why most choose to toss themselves off of buildings is insane!

Prominent Miami banker Raul Valdes-Fauli dies

https://www.google.com/amp/s/miamihe...?client=safari
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

The 'underground' patriot types of news sites have all been screaming about
    worldwide financial collapse for some time now. Frankly, I don't know how
    the monetary system has held up as long as it has.
    Baruch atah Adonai Eloheinu melech haolam --Blessed are you O Lord our God, King of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Florian9 View Post
    This one hits me personally since my mother-in-law worked for this gentleman's father.
    What a crazy world and why most choose to toss themselves off of buildings is insane!

I don't understand. Why are they throwing themselves off the top of buildings? Is it symbolic? Why not different methods of suicide? Unless....they are being directed to do so and their families will be taken care of.
    John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Quote Originally Posted by fan4sure View Post
    I don't understand. Why are they throwing themselves off the top of buildings? Is it symbolic? Why not different methods of suicide?
    I read this post earlier this morning and was curious as to why bankers would commit suicide by jumping off buildings as well, and then I had my Bible study time. I came across three separate scriptures that gave me an answer. They are:
    Proverbs 11:7 When the wicked man dies, his expectation comes to nothing, and hope placed in wealth vanishes.
    Proverbs 11:28 Anyone trusting in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like foliage.
    Philippians 3:19 Their end is destruction; their god is their stomach; their glory is their is in their shame. They are focused on earthly things.

I'm sure their world comes crashing down when they lose gobs of money and they feel like their lives mean nothing without it. It's just so sad as we know they've been deceived by the father of lies.

Immediately after Paul said that their focus was on earthly things in Philippians 3, he then said in verse 20 that our citizenship is in Heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for our Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian9 View Post

Sorry for your loss Florian. And for your mom in law's.

I was reading the comments underneath the article you linked, and seemed like Raul was very well respected, known for not being like most of the "rich" people are in that he actually cared about others and didn't consider himself "better" than everyone else.

Only God knows the truth about what happened to him.

Absolutely, it could be like Koalie says, and that he was so in love with money and money was his god. And then if faced with the prospect of losing it, losing his god... he just couldn't face life without money. Certainly there are many rich people out there who are like that, and I think that is why Jesus tells us in the Bible that it is very hard for a rich man to get to Heaven. Most rich men put money before God.

I have my suspicions though, about Raul, and about many of the people in this thread... People in the banking industry whom have died by "suicide". I'm not sure how many of the deaths are actually suicide. In reading all the comments about Raul, seems that he never would, had no reason to, commit suicide. That said, it is possible he did. But it is also possible that he didn't jump, but was pushed. Or was forced to jump.

Big wigs in banking, they eat, breathe, and sleep their work. They get involved in very shady dealings with very shady people (the shadiest people out there, IMO, the government and elite that run this world... just as bad if not worse than the mafia).

Basically, being rich, getting promoted and way high up there in rank and power at big banks and such... It doesn't happen unless one is corrupt, is willing to look the other way, has knowledge of evil happenings and circumstances. In order to get rich, they sacrifice their morality and values. By doing so, they become a part of the "evil and corruptness" themselves. They turn their head to the fact of other's in the industry dying under mysterious circumstances, maybe themselves were even part of the occurrences. Eventually, their number comes up, and the same ones they used to work with in helping them cover up evil... those same people eventually come for them too.

And it goes on and on. Because there is always someone waiting, standing in line behind the last person. Waiting for their turn to be rich, to have all the money, and willing to do anything to get it. So they get their money for a little while, and then a few years later, they themselves end up dead under mysterious circumstances.

All for the love of money.

For me, no thanks, it's just not worth it. Sure, I'd love to have money enough not to have to worry about anything, to be able to have a nice little beach house by the ocean or place in the mountains in the middle of nowhere, spend my life in rest and relaxation. I don't want it so bad though, that I'd be willing to do evil things for it; worse yet, to forsake God for it. I'd rather wait until I get to Heaven, and see what incredible things Jesus has in store for me. Because I know it will be so much better than the beach house or mountain cottage I see in my wildest dreams. So much better!

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanybw View Post

For me, no thanks, it's just not worth it. Sure, I'd love to have money enough not to have to worry about anything, to be able to have a nice little beach house by the ocean or place in the mountains in the middle of nowhere, spend my life in rest and relaxation. I don't want it so bad though, that I'd be willing to do evil things for it; worse yet, to forsake God for it. I'd rather wait until I get to Heaven, and see what incredible things Jesus has in store for me. Because I know it will be so much better than the beach house or mountain cottage I see in my wildest dreams. So much better!

I agree~~wholeheartedly
    I have always believed having "enough" is already a blessing. An abundance of wealth seems to bring ugly things to the table...brings out the worst in people instead of the better.

See if you think this fits on topic with this thread (sorry if not, mods can delete).

Habakkuk 2:9-11 NLT

9 “What sorrow awaits you who build big houses
    with money gained dishonestly!
    You believe your wealth will buy security,
    putting your family’s nest beyond the reach of danger.
    10 But by the murders you committed,
    you have shamed your name and forfeited your lives.
    11 The very stones in the walls cry out against you,
    and the beams in the ceilings echo the complaint.
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    See if you think this fits on topic with this thread (sorry if not, mods can delete).

Habakkuk 2:9-11 NLT

9 “What sorrow awaits you who build big houses
    with money gained dishonestly!
    You believe your wealth will buy security,
    putting your family’s nest beyond the reach of danger.
    10 But by the murders you committed,
    you have shamed your name and forfeited your lives.
    11 The very stones in the walls cry out against you,
    and the beams in the ceilings echo the complaint.
    Wow! Absolutely fitting.

Thanks for sharing that.

Firefly...that verse is awesome!!! I love it! Very humbling!
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Perhaps this is the reason at least they know what is going to happen to this country, but just listen to some of the facts from Chuck Missler on the economy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy81otieX9I

I felt sorry for this thread and thought I would just bump it since it never moves.
    John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by fan4sure View Post
    I felt sorry for this thread and thought I would just bump it since it never moves.
    Kind of like my bank account.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post
    Kind of like my bank account.
    Ain't that the truth for most of us!!
    This world is not my home. I'm just passing through. If heaven's not my home, O Lord, what would I do? The angels beckon me from heaven's open door, and I can't feel at home in this world anymore."
    Complete justice for us will come only "when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels" (v. 7).

Quote Originally Posted by moosejive View Post
    Ain't that the truth for most of us!!
    So very very true.