Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 216

Thread: Malaysia Airlines Lost with 239 passengers

  1. #161
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    1,400

    Default

    Well...this whole "South Indian Ocean debris thing" is certainly strange.

    Very early yesterday morning most of us became aware of a possible debris field. There have been sorties but apparently they have been hampered by bad weather.

    Now they are floating the idea (no pun intended, really) that the debris may have sunk.

    What on earth does that mean?

    I mean, the stuff seen in the very grainy sat images has not ever been confirmed to belong to the missing aircraft, right? So how can they now say that the unconfirmed debris that possibly never existed has possibly now sunk. That is utterly nebulous and short of producing any amplifying clues I would be loathe to think that the various investigating agencies may use this to conclude their efforts.

    I am hoping that this issue is pursued with all the vigor that had been previously displayed and that this investigation is not shelved until either there are answers or every corner of the planet from the depths of the ocean to the jungles have been thoroughly scoured.

    Just my two cents...
    Ephesians 2:8-9

    8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gratefulberean View Post
    Well...this whole "South Indian Ocean debris thing" is certainly strange.

    Very early yesterday morning most of us became aware of a possible debris field. There have been sorties but apparently they have been hampered by bad weather.

    Now they are floating the idea (no pun intended, really) that the debris may have sunk.

    What on earth does that mean?

    I mean, the stuff seen in the very grainy sat images has not ever been confirmed to belong to the missing aircraft, right? So how can they now say that the unconfirmed debris that possibly never existed has possibly now sunk. That is utterly nebulous and short of producing any amplifying clues I would be loathe to think that the various investigating agencies may use this to conclude their efforts.

    I am hoping that this issue is pursued with all the vigor that had been previously displayed and that this investigation is not shelved until either there are answers or every corner of the planet from the depths of the ocean to the jungles have been thoroughly scoured.

    Just my two cents...

    What throws me a curve (yet I guess the sheep are naive), is that it took 2 weeks for debris that will not float to possibly sink? (I say possibly because noone knows for sure as it can't be relocated)

    No I pray and hope all the passengers are alive as hostages and that the truth comes out. I for the families of all involved...
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet


  3. #163
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    31,068

    Default

    Whatever has happened to the airline is weird and strange. One day we will probably see a movie on it.

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel, So. Cal
    Posts
    289

    Default

    This is just my .02 cents, but I have a feeling the reason they are searching South for it, is because if they search in the North, they will find it. Read that again if you're confused. In all seriousness, there is a lot going on in the News, and I feel there is something purposely not being explained here. Call me cynical, but this is how the news tends to spin things, and I'm beginning to think this plane is safe somewhere in Pakistan as well.

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gratefulberean View Post
    Well...this whole "South Indian Ocean debris thing" is certainly strange.

    Very early yesterday morning most of us became aware of a possible debris field. There have been sorties but apparently they have been hampered by bad weather.

    Now they are floating the idea (no pun intended, really) that the debris may have sunk.

    What on earth does that mean?

    I mean, the stuff seen in the very grainy sat images has not ever been confirmed to belong to the missing aircraft, right? So how can they now say that the unconfirmed debris that possibly never existed has possibly now sunk. That is utterly nebulous and short of producing any amplifying clues I would be loathe to think that the various investigating agencies may use this to conclude their efforts.

    I am hoping that this issue is pursued with all the vigor that had been previously displayed and that this investigation is not shelved until either there are answers or every corner of the planet from the depths of the ocean to the jungles have been thoroughly scoured.

    Just my two cents...
    I very much doubt, though I could be wrong, that it was debris, from that airplane, spotted to begin with.

    I can't wrap my head around it being able to float for 12 days and then, all of a sudden, sinking. That makes zero sense to me.

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -wrEk- View Post
    This is just my .02 cents, but I have a feeling the reason they are searching South for it, is because if they search in the North, they will find it. Read that again if you're confused. In all seriousness, there is a lot going on in the News, and I feel there is something purposely not being explained here. Call me cynical, but this is how the news tends to spin things, and I'm beginning to think this plane is safe somewhere in Pakistan as well.

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    I wish the lamestream media had given half the attention to the Benghazi murders as they have this missing plane. I guess finding out why four innocent Americans being murdered while Obama slept and Hillary was doing who knows what while they were being murdered just isn't news.
    PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SALVATION OF MY HUSBAND, RICK, AND MY STEPMOM, ELLEN. THANKS.

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,064

    Default

    So, now Malaysia is announcing that the jet crashed into the Indian Ocean. Haven't heard that they found any material evidence to support the claim. Maybe in a couple more weeks, they'll reveal the material evidence, if they have any. I'm not a conspiracy buff, but color me skeptical.


    Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

    A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

    Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
    I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

  9. #169
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    1,198

    Default

    My thoughts exactly.

    Perhaps it's to try and appease the outraged families who lost loved ones...
    Psalms 62:6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken

  10. #170
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    523

    Default

    I'm skeptical too, that we'll ever hear the whole truth about it. I feel so sorry for those who have lost loved ones. Sounds like the Malaysian govt. is just trying to put the whole thing to rest so people will stop speculating about it.

    "...but thou, O Lord, art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head."
    Psalm 3:3

  11. #171
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    3rd World Atlanta
    Posts
    3,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HikerLady View Post
    I'm skeptical too, that we'll ever hear the whole truth about it. I feel so sorry for those who have lost loved ones. Sounds like the Malaysian govt. is just trying to put the whole thing to rest so people will stop speculating about it.
    I think you're right about that--we'll never know what really happened. Since they took the easy way--it'll probably save them a lot of grief (and money). Can't imagine how much money the Malaysian gov't and Malaysian Air is losing daily because of this--now that they "put it to rest".....all is well

  12. #172
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Outside of a trusted country bringing forth evidence that the plane crashed, I think most will remain skeptical.

  13. #173
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On the tarmac
    Posts
    825

    Default

    Keep in mind to that over the past few weeks we have all had time to entertain many different possibilities for what happened to this aircraft. The more time that goes by without solid answers, the more grand the possibilities become. I think a little more time will allow one of the S/R teams to actually recover the evidence. We are dealing with a country that does not have the resources and skills we do in accident investigation and the possible crash site is in a very remote area. Not trying to defend anyone or anything in particular, but in the end, it really could have been just a tragic accident that brought it down.
    "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."
    MTHW 24:31

  14. #174
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Morgantown, West Virginia
    Posts
    3,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JJW81867 View Post
    Outside of a trusted country bringing forth evidence that the plane crashed, I think most will remain skeptical.
    And who qualifies as a trusted country? Really no one in my opinion....maybe Canada who has a Christian PM or Israel. The lame stream media in America certainly can't be trusted. I think one needs to read a variety of world news and seek guidance from the Holy Spirit to sift through the mountains of propaganda. I like Canada Free Press, The American Thinker, Zero Hedge, Times of Israel, The Jerusalem Post and the Washington Times to name a few.
    Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

    Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

    Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

  15. #175
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVBORN56 View Post
    And who qualifies as a trusted country? Really no one in my opinion....maybe Canada who has a Christian PM or Israel. The lame stream media in America certainly can't be trusted. I think one needs to read a variety of world news and seek guidance from the Holy Spirit to sift through the mountains of propaganda. I like Canada Free Press, The American Thinker, Zero Hedge, Times of Israel, The Jerusalem Post and the Washington Times to name a few.

    Canada, Australia, Japan, and I'm sure a few others. What I am trying to say is it will have to come from a more reputable country than Malaysia for me not to be skeptical.

  16. #176
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,818

    Default

    Could be they are taking some of the heat off so the nitty-gritty down-in-the-streets investigations can progress in those warrens of insurgency.

    eta: or maybe I have read too many Joel Rosenberg novels...

  17. #177
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    5,274

    Default

    I think it is somewhat bad taste for the Malaysian PM to just come out and announce the plane has crashed into the Indian ocean without any solid and sure evidence.


    Luke 21:28

    "Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near"

  18. #178
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    I think it is somewhat bad taste for the Malaysian PM to just come out and announce the plane has crashed into the Indian ocean without any solid and sure evidence.
    I agree, and not only that, but to announce this to the families via text message.

  19. #179
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Up north, watching and waiting.
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Even if they have found debris, they can't confirm it's from the lost Malaysian plane until they retrieve the material. Given the isolation of the area and the onset of winter that could take a long time. There are still way too many unanswered questions, if I was wearing a tin hat I'd say the words red herring come to mind.

  20. #180
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadeeyes View Post
    So, now Malaysia is announcing that the jet crashed into the Indian Ocean. Haven't heard that they found any material evidence to support the claim. Maybe in a couple more weeks, they'll reveal the material evidence, if they have any. I'm not a conspiracy buff, but color me skeptical.
    Agreed. I don't think there is any material evidence. We've had weeks and weeks of this and now all of a sudden they just announce it crashed into the Indian Ocean and with nothing to back it up. And because they said it we are supposed to just blindly believe it's true? I feel horrible for the family of those who were on that flight. It's likely they will never have closure of any kind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •