Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: Earthquakes In Diverse Places

Well, it's an opinion. I think it could be based on gravitational forces, not claiming irrefutable evidence.
    Fact, not opinion, is what counts.
    It is either heating up, or it is not.
    Astrophysics says it should be cooling.

If you have any links to theories that it is heating up, I would like to
    see their ideas. If the links are not admissible here, you can PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    One in Montana.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/06...in-region.html
    A magnitude 5.8 earthquake that rocked western Montana early Thursday morning was the largest quake to hit the area in the past 20 year, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
    The earthquake struck around 12:30 a.m. local time with the epicenter located in Lincoln, which is outside Missoula. Some Twitter users posted feeling tremors as far as Spokane, Wash., Boise, Idaho and Calgary, Canada.

Looks like they had some good after shocks too.

http://ds.iris.edu/seismon/eventlist/index.phtml

A 4.9, 4.4, and a 4.0

The Philippines also had one ... 6.5
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

My mom said that people all around our area are posting on FB that they felt it here. My SIL in northern Idaho felt it as well.

That's a little too close to home!

The whole "Yellowstone" thing confuses me because there seem to be 2 sides to it. It's almost like a republican/democrat
    thing. There are ppl who say it's going to blow any second and others who say the activity is completely normal. I recently moved from Idaho to Washington
    and seem to hear this talk daily. I wish I knew a place to go that had the truth. Guess I'm just to trust in God and His will.
    (But it drives me crazy cos I want to know! LOL)
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Quote Originally Posted by twisty58 View Post
    The whole "Yellowstone" thing confuses me because there seem to be 2 sides to it. It's almost like a republican/democrat
    thing. There are ppl who say it's going to blow any second and others who say the activity is completely normal. I recently moved from Idaho to Washington
    and seem to hear this talk daily. I wish I knew a place to go that had the truth. Guess I'm just to trust in God and His will.
    (But it drives me crazy cos I want to know! LOL)
    Well the simplest way to look at it is Yellowstone is and has to be a active volcano otherwise we would have things like Ole Faithful there.
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Quote Originally Posted by twisty58 View Post
    ... I recently moved from Idaho to Washington and seem to hear this talk daily. I wish I knew a place to go that had the truth. Guess I'm just to trust in God and His will. (But it drives me crazy cos I want to know! LOL)
    Well, in Washington, you are further from it
    But, my goodness, I hope you didn't move far enough to be outside of the state of Liberty
    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...e-political-c/

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    Well the simplest way to look at it is Yellowstone is and has to be a active volcano otherwise we would have things like Ole Faithful there.
    You are correct, it is an active volcano. Could erupt tonight, or wait another 200 years,
    but I gon't think it will be a thousand years, for many, many reasons.
    My question for the past couple of years has been:
    will it go all at once, or gradually.

When it goes it will be explosive because of all the steaming hot water on top of the magma. They say it is due and maybe over due. I think it will be one of the things that will make the US of no consequence during the trib.

Death by volcano isn't really how I want to die but I'd rather live in Idaho and take my chances than move out of range and live anywhere else. I'm not even sure if it would reach my location?? But I've heard that the ash will be the most devastating aspect of it all.
    God is in control and that's the most comforting part about all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post

You are correct, it is an active volcano. Could erupt tonight, or wait another 200 years,
    but I gon't think it will be a thousand years, for many, many reasons.
    My question for the past couple of years has been:
    will it go all at once, or gradually.
    Yup. I believe it will be soon. But the "oh it's normal activity" thing as if that means it WONT erupt is just mind boggling.

It's a volcano.
    Volcanoes erupt.
    See Mt Versuvius and St Helena.

It will more than likely somehow be apart of the Trib and scoffers will say it's all normal behavior even though they said it was normal before and won't erupt.

Like Koalie. I'll take comfort knowing He is in control. Just crazy people won't accept it could at any moment erupt if it's going to.
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Quote Originally Posted by caligal View Post
    When it goes it will be explosive because of all the steaming hot water on top of the magma. They say it is due and maybe over due. I think it will be one of the things that will make the US of no consequence during the trib.
    There will be explosions, that is true, but if it goes as one big one, most of the US West of the Mississippi will be destroyed. If it goes in a series of blasts and eruptions over a period of months or years, then the destruction will be concentrated in a much smaller region (a few hundred miles across). As of now, I am convinced no one (except God) knows which will happen.

I thought maybe it was winding down again, but in the last 24 hours it has had several shocks of 3 or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by caligal View Post
    I thought maybe it was winding down again, but in the last 24 hours it has had several shocks of 3 or higher.
    Which one: Yellowstone, Cascadia or Montana?

Yellowstone, only this time on the other side of the caldera.

Default Russia earthquake: Magnitude 7.8 quake off far east coastline triggers US tsunami warning

A powerful 7.8 magnitude earthquake which struck oft Russia's Kamchatka Peninsula triggered a tsunami warning for parts of the Pacific.

The quake struck some 125 miles (200 km) from the city of Nikolskoye on Bering Island off the Kamchatka Peninsula.
    The epicentre was west of Attu, the westernmost and largest island in the Near Islands group of Alaska's remote Aleutian Islands.

It prompted a tsunami advisory for Alaska's remote Aleutian Islands and the Kamchatka branch of Russia's emergency ministry warned of waves up to 50cm (1-2/2 feet) high could reach Nikolskyoe.

Source article: https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-ea...070200162.html
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    A powerful 7.8 magnitude earthquake which struck oft Russia's Kamchatka Peninsula triggered a tsunami warning for parts of the Pacific.

The quake struck some 125 miles (200 km) from the city of Nikolskoye on Bering Island off the Kamchatka Peninsula.
    The epicentre was west of Attu, the westernmost and largest island in the Near Islands group of Alaska's remote Aleutian Islands.

It prompted a tsunami advisory for Alaska's remote Aleutian Islands and the Kamchatka branch of Russia's emergency ministry warned of waves up to 50cm (1-2/2 feet) high could reach Nikolskyoe.

Source article: https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-ea...070200162.html
    I haven't heard any further reports, but since I live (deliberately) in a seismically dead zone,
    I don't have any news feeds that would highlight them, unless they are exceptional.

7.8 that seems larger than what has been reported for quite a while.
    John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Is anyone here following user Dutchsinse on Youtube or Twitch? I followed him for a few months earlier this year, and found him to be very informative. I thought some here might be interested to check out his videos. He has spent years teaching himself how to understand and forecast earthquakes. He uses a computer earth model program called Earthquake3D and has combined various seismology feeds into one giant live earthquake map. He is quite detailed in his explanations of how, why, when and where earthquakes happen. They travel in a pattern, and once you know the pattern, you can have a rough idea of the next when and where.

He is so on point, that he's made some professionals in seismology look inept, which, in turn, has caused him to make enemies. It would appear the scientists, for whatever reason, are not reporting all of the earthquakes that are actually happening (specifically in the Pacific Northwest), but because Dutchsinse has feeds from non-U.S. seismology centers, he can see the ones they aren't reporting! At least they weren't when I was watching. Youtube dropped his livefeed repeatedly, and he had hackers directly attacking his home computer during his livestreams, which caused his whole program to go haywire. I saw all this stuff happen for days on end during his live broadcasts. It was crazy! He almost quit several times.

He also uses Google Earth to explore just how vast the fracking operations are in the southern/midwestern U.S. You can actually zoom in to see the thousands of drilling stations. All of this overdrilling has caused a new fault line to form, and that is why they are now having so many earthquakes in that area (Oklahoma, WV, Texas, etc.)

Anyway, lots and lots of interesting information, and I just thought I'd mention him. He said he used to be an atheist, but is now a Christian. He spends almost all of his time working on reporting earthquakes, and puts a lot of pressure on himself to get info out for the people in earthquake zones. He feels responsible for their safety. He's a smart, giving guy, and I hope he's found a way to give himself some regular breaks since I saw him last.

His earthquake reporting program is running live 24/7. It looks like he does his daily report around 5:00PM EST.

https://www.youtube.com/user/dutchsinse
    https://www.twitch.tv/dutchsinseofficial
    Matt 16:27 | Rom 3:23 | Rom 10:9 | 1 Thes 5:9-10 | Ps 34:8

Quote Originally Posted by Haeddre View Post
    He is so on point, that he's made some professionals in seismology look inept, which, in turn, has caused him to make enemies.
    Sounds like the guy who I read for financial analysis. Made lots of really accurate forecasts until he blew a few of them. His own words were something to the effect of:
    Even if your fundamentals are good, if you make enough forecasts, sooner or later you will make yourself look like an idiot.

It would appear the scientists, for whatever reason, are not reporting all of the earthquakes that are actually happening (specifically in the Pacific Northwest),
    I could understand if they weren't reporting all of the ones off shore, but I doubt that they are hiding quakes that occur on land, because people would talk. Also, I wonder if he can differentiate between true quakes and reflections of shockwaves generated by explosives being used in, for instance, N. and S. Korea.

He also uses Google Earth to explore just how vast the fracking operations are in the southern/midwestern U.S. You can actually zoom in to see the thousands of drilling stations. All of this overdrilling has caused a new fault line to form, and that is why they are now having so many earthquakes in that area (Oklahoma, WV, Texas, etc.)
    It isn't a new fault. Been their forever, but the fracking may be making it worse.
    We are still studying the situation.

Anyway, lots and lots of interesting information, and I just thought I'd mention him. He said he used to be an atheist, but is now a Christian. He spends almost all of his time working on reporting earthquakes, ...
    Did he ever say what he used to do, before he became a Christian?
    There are lots of more immediate and relevant threats in his neck of the woods.

I ran across him recently. It is really interesting. I heard that he is 80% accurate. I didn't know much about earthquakes, but what he says makes sense.
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.