Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Bang "Evidence" ??

Default Big Bang "Evidence" ??

Such "humility" !!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...4322.html?vp=1

All of this is more than mere man can comprehend. It amazes me when man believes "he can figure out God". As the Bible says "….. the foolishness of God, is wiser than men." (1Cor. 1:25) This article certainly proves that point.

Most "religions" and theories are all about man striving to be more god-like, and to know what God knows, while Christians recognize we can NEVER attain that. For us, it is about God, in His Mercy, reaching down to man.

This article also reminds me that in these End Times, man will more and more pull away from God, believing that He does not exist.

Praise God we are part of The Bride!!
    a Monarchist awaiting
    "The Return of the King"

Quote Originally Posted by maranatha14 View Post
    Such "humility" !!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...4322.html?vp=1

All of this is more than mere man can comprehend. It amazes me when man believes "he can figure out God". As the Bible says "….. the foolishness of God, is wiser than men." (1Cor. 1:25) This article certainly proves that point.

Most "religions" and theories are all about man striving to be more god-like, and to know what God knows, while Christians recognize we can NEVER attain that. For us, it is about God, in His Mercy, reaching down to man.

This article also reminds me that in these End Times, man will more and more pull away from God, believing that He does not exist.

Praise God we are part of The Bride!!
    Amen to that! As a young Christian, myself, I realize the same. We can't be God, we can only embrace His love and Creation. I'll keep seeking Him, not strive to be Him.

Southgirl Guest

Default Satan is playing his hand...

I think this is just his way to get peoples eyes off God especially with the release of this movie NOAH. It will get people thinking about God again and he has to sow his doubt in peoples hearts to keep their eyes on the world and not even consider the fact that the bible could be truth.

2 Timothy 3:7
    always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

bazinga.

God lit the fuse and nothing exploded into everything. Works for me.

(Ok He spoke it, but the fuse picture is kinda cool)
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

I actually like this theory, and I’m a young earth creationist!

One reason is that it weakens string theory, which I hate because it can never be test and requires multiple universes.

Another reason is that during the inflation period this theory requires/predicts the early universe is fluid. Just as described in Genesis chapter one. “…and darkness was upon the face of the deep / abyss.”

The third reason is the Zero-energy universe, where the universe is eternal and created out of nothing. Just as the scriptures state.
    • A generic property of inflation is the balancing of the negative gravitational energy, within the inflating region, with the positive energy of the inflation field to yield a post-inflationary universe with negligible or zero energy density.
    • Due to quantum uncertainty energy fluctuations such as electron and its anti-particle a positron can arise spontaneously out of vacuum space but must disappear rapidly. The lower the energy of the bubble, the longer it can exist. A gravitational field has negative energy. Matter has positive energy. The two values cancel out provided the universe is completely flat [inflation produces a flat universe].In that case the universe has zero energy and can theoretically last forever.
    • Stephen Hawking notes in his 2010 book The Grand Design: "If the total energy of the universe must always remain zero, and it costs energy to create a body, how can a whole universe be created from nothing? That is why there is a law like gravity. …Bodies such as stars or black holes cannot just appear out of nothing. But a whole universe can.

Some initial conditions of the inflation theory.
    • During the initial “creation phase, matter and energy were inseparable. The four primary forces of the universe were also a united force. As tiny fractions of a second passed, the universe expanded rapidly. Cosmologists refer to the universe's expansion as inflation. The universe doubled in size several times in less than a second. As the universe expanded, it cooled and matter and energy decoupled. Cosmologists call this baryogenesis. Baryonic matter starts to form. It is the kind of matter we can observe. The most familiar baryons are the protons and neutrons that make up most of the mass of the visible matter in the universe.
    • A period of particle cosmology followed the quantum age (inflation phase). The unified force broke down into components. The forces of electromagnetism and weak nuclear force split off. Photons outnumbered matter particles, but the universe was too dense for light to shine within it.

Then God said “Let there be light”.

Default Let there be light!!

Just wondering if you have read "Endless Universe" by Steinhardt and Turok. Also, have you read "The fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene.

Just curious to hear what your thoughts might be.

Bygrace96 Guest

This is so stupid. Almost as stupid as the "evidence" of Neanderthals and carbon dating.

I wonder, why do Christians even care how it happened? God said He did it in six days, He didn't say the six days was equivalent to 6000 years, no, He said six literal days. So if God says the earth was created in six literal days, as Christians, as followers of His, we ought to believe Him. Even if we think we've found something unfortunately from this side of eternity things are skewed. And if for some reason it was 6000 years, or 6 million years, does it really matter? In the end He is God and that's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mcowart View Post

One reason is that it weakens string theory, which I hate because it can never be test and requires multiple universes.

Another reason is that during the inflation period this theory requires/predicts the early universe is fluid. Just as described in Genesis chapter one. “…and darkness was upon the face of the deep / abyss.”

The third reason is the Zero-energy universe, where the universe is eternal and created out of nothing. Just as the scriptures state.
    • A generic property of inflation is the balancing of the negative gravitational energy, within the inflating region, with the positive energy of the inflation field to yield a post-inflationary universe with negligible or zero energy density.
    • Due to quantum uncertainty energy fluctuations such as electron and its anti-particle a positron can arise spontaneously out of vacuum space but must disappear rapidly. The lower the energy of the bubble, the longer it can exist. A gravitational field has negative energy. Matter has positive energy. The two values cancel out provided the universe is completely flat [inflation produces a flat universe].In that case the universe has zero energy and can theoretically last forever.
    • Stephen Hawking notes in his 2010 book The Grand Design: "If the total energy of the universe must always remain zero, and it costs energy to create a body, how can a whole universe be created from nothing? That is why there is a law like gravity. …Bodies such as stars or black holes cannot just appear out of nothing. But a whole universe can.

• During the initial “creation phase, matter and energy were inseparable. The four primary forces of the universe were also a united force. As tiny fractions of a second passed, the universe expanded rapidly. Cosmologists refer to the universe's expansion as inflation. The universe doubled in size several times in less than a second. As the universe expanded, it cooled and matter and energy decoupled. Cosmologists call this baryogenesis. Baryonic matter starts to form. It is the kind of matter we can observe. The most familiar baryons are the protons and neutrons that make up most of the mass of the visible matter in the universe.
    • A period of particle cosmology followed the quantum age (inflation phase). The unified force broke down into components. The forces of electromagnetism and weak nuclear force split off. Photons outnumbered matter particles, but the universe was too dense for light to shine within it.

Wow....you are one smart fellar....I didn't understand any of what you typed

I guess I am a bit slow cause I don't get it
    Jesus, please come back TODAY!!!!

Love that, makes perfect sense. He spoke it and there it was expanding outward in one awesome moment. Galaxies spewing forth and decoupling. Day two the stars lit up and there was light. Would have loved to see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tscopemkr View Post
    Just wondering if you have read "Endless Universe" by Steinhardt and Turok. Also, have you read "The fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene.

Just curious to hear what your thoughts might be.
    I know you weren't asking me but I read the Brian Greene book a very long time ago. It was fascinating, his explanation of falling and gravity was really a mind twister as my brain simply doesn't work that way. I'm am therefore certain I missed tons of really good stuff.

Yay! One other thought

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
    Love that, makes perfect sense. He spoke it and there it was expanding outward in one awesome moment. Galaxies spewing forth and decoupling. Day two the stars lit up and there was light. Would have loved to see it happen.

I know you weren't asking me but I read the Brian Greene book a very long time ago. It was fascinating, his explanation of falling and gravity was really a mind twister as my brain simply doesn't work that way. I'm am therefore certain I missed tons of really good stuff.
    I read recently in one of the scientific sites that right after the bic bang the universe expanded over a trillion times in just a few parts of a single second. Ok, I might believe this lie, except one fixed rule the men of science give and they believe this completely. They say that there is no way that matter can ever excede the speed of light. Seems to me they are breaking the laws of nature with expasion of a trillion time in less than a second, and if memory serves correctly, the size was then the size we see now, less than a second. They want us to believe this crud.
    William Beason

Quote Originally Posted by WILLIAMBEASON1842 View Post
    I read recently in one of the scientific sites that right after the bic bang the universe expanded over a trillion times in just a few parts of a single second. Ok, I might believe this lie, except one fixed rule the men of science give and they believe this completely. They say that there is no way that matter can ever excede the speed of light. Seems to me they are breaking the laws of nature with expasion of a trillion time in less than a second, and if memory serves correctly, the size was then the size we see now, less than a second. They want us to believe this crud.
    All I know, and I'm no scientist, is that it happened as the book of Genesis said. I'm also not hung up on their assertions about the speed of light. Light happened the next day according to the Lord. And as He is the creator of all things and makes all things possible then I can't imagine that the speed of light was, or is, a barrier to Him, the Light of the World, then or now.

And I would love to see how it happened. Perhaps He has a dvd queued and waiting.

It must be wonderful to be smart, but smart doesn't hold a candle to the wisdom and knowledge contained between the front and back covers of the most profound book of all time, the Bible. And since I'm no scientist I rely solely upon the Word. A faith that tells me that God's spoken word is entirely, unequivocally true no matter what scientists think.

And you're right, some of the things scientists say is crud. Although occasionally there is an ounce of accuracy or truth here in there. But the weight of their doubt after each new discovery must trouble them, as no matter what they think they have found they realize how little they must know as they keep searching for more. And the more they learn about their hypothesis the less they realize they must know. That has to be troubling for people with big brains. Okay I've rattled on forever.

Maranatha, may we all meet the Creator of the Universe in the air very very soon. After I've spent a year or two before Him on my knees I'll ask Him how it happened. Then we can gather and watch the dvd, if we even care at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by WILLIAMBEASON1842 View Post

The theory does not break the speed of light law given that space is what was expanding. Space has no mass and thus no speed limit as stated by the Theory of Relativity. There is also evidence that suggest that the so called speed limit of light is actually slowly down, but it is not widely accepted yet.

In the end, it doesn't really matter, because we believe that God did the creating, the bible doesn't say HOW he created other than he spoke the universe into being.

on a practical level, it remains to be seen, what we can do with this information and if it will lead to any inventions that can help better mankind. If mans' time on earth is not cut short, i think this could lead to developments that would help us explore other planets and solar systems, but I think we are in the last days, that the time of us Gentiles is almost over and soon we will go home where we can get all the answers from the creator himself.

"He alone spreads out the heavens" Job 9:8a

"Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in." Isaiah 40:22b

"Thus says God the Lord, Who created the heavens and stretched them out" Isaiah 42:5a

"Thus says the Lord, who stretches out the heavens" Zechariah 12:1b

Yep, sounds like rapid expansion to me.

The Big Bang has nothing to do with the 6 days of Creation Week.
    Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Note the word heaven, God created the heaven on day 1 that was the space that all the stars would be put when He created them on day 4

Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
    Gen 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
    Gen 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
    Gen 1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse View Post

I am taken in by big fancy words sometimes also, but all that was written in that post is just the imagination at work. Let's not forget that the stars were created on day 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Shonsu View Post
    "He alone spreads out the heavens" Job 9:8a

"Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in." Isaiah 40:22b

"Thus says God the Lord, Who created the heavens and stretched them out" Isaiah 42:5a

"Thus says the Lord, who stretches out the heavens" Zechariah 12:1b

Yep, sounds like rapid expansion to me.
    Good verses Shonsu
    Luke 21:28
    But when these things begin to happen, look up, and lift up your heads, because your redemption is near.

[B]I actually like this theory, and I’m a young earth creationist!
    I like some theories to, but I am old school, and they used to teach that a theory remains a theory until it can be proven to be true. I still use that as a rule.

Like you, I also am a young earther, 6 24 hr.days about 6,000 years ago.