Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bundy Family - Nevada Standoff

Default Bundy Family - Nevada Standoff

I'm checking resources before posting any of the many articles, but is anyone else following the standoff in Nevada between rancher and government??? Things are certainly heating up...
    "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers!"
    -Mother Teresa

USA One man vs. the guvmint

Is this the rancher in question, lamtapestry?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...legal-grazing/

It sounds like a long running dispute and there is not real in depth info in this article. He maybe should contact the law group that stands up for the underdog and I don't mean the ACLU...
    There is also an environmental group involved which never bodes well for the l'il guy...
    This world is not my home. I'm just passing through. If heaven's not my home, O Lord, what would I do? The angels beckon me from heaven's open door, and I can't feel at home in this world anymore."
    Complete justice for us will come only "when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels" (v. 7).

Yes, thank you, this is the story. I also saw it on The Drudge Report. They are pushing it as big bully government threatening to take away a family's land.
    "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers!"
    -Mother Teresa

While it sure seems this rancher isn't exactly innocent, these Feds are out of control. They'll have job security for sure during the tribulation.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian9 View Post
    While it sure seems this rancher isn't exactly innocent, these Feds are out of control. They'll have job security for sure during the tribulation.
    The lid is about to explode off the bottle

I read where militia people from different states around the country are gearing up to come to stand with rancher. I can't understand why the Governor of Nevada doesn't have the final say so. It seems the Governor does side with the rancher to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I read where militia people from different states around the country are gearing up to come to stand with rancher. I can't understand why the Governor of Nevada doesn't have the final say so. It seems the Governor does side with the rancher to some extent.
    Yeah I read that also. The land in dispute is Federal land--not state owned. If you look it up, you'll see that the Feds own almost everything in Nevada. It's ridiculous!
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    This may end up looking like some kind of rebellion, especially if this keeps escalating.

I've also seen several articles saying that "militias" are mobilizing. I didn't realize we had militias in the US It's beginning to sound like an extremely tense situation that has the potential to erupt into violence. So many in this country are angry and fed up with Obama and his regime.

"...but thou, O Lord, art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head."
    Psalm 3:3

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Leave it to government to take simple things and make them complex.

It should be in court, negotiate the dispute as much as possible, apply law and resolve.

Too many want to resolve the issue without even examining the problem.

for wisdom, patience on the part of all parties, humility, and a compassionate solution.

As for militias, there must be a distinction made between an armed group of vigilantes,

and a well regulated group accountable to the people they claim to serve.

There should at least be an elected sheriff in command.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Leave it to government to take simple things and make them complex.

It should be in court, negotiate the dispute as much as possible, apply law and resolve.

Too many want to resolve the issue without even examining the problem.

for wisdom, patience on the part of all parties, humility, and a compassionate solution.

As for militias, there must be a distinction made between an armed group of vigilantes,

and a well regulated group accountable to the people they claim to serve.

There should at least be an elected sheriff in command.
    Situations like this are very disturbing on so many levels. The "Rancher" has been stone-walling his duty to pay fines/fees associated with the use of land since 1993. I understand where he's coming from and that the land was supposedly owned/settled by his ancestors in the 1840's, but he's had over two decades to settle this. On the other hand, now we have an out-of-control gubmit using their weight to literally abuse and intimidate this family. Lots of folks are understandably upset at the gov for what they are doing with strong armed tactics and with impunity. There was a time when reasonable Americans with differences could get together, talk it through and settle a dispute without anybody being hindered. Not anymore....folks gotta die on every hill now because it's about "principle".

Here's a classic quote from one of the "rangers" when asked about what's going on:

“‘Well, well, I don’t even want to be here. Do you think my grandfather’s proud of me? You think I like this? You think this is fun for me?’”

“Then what are you doing here?” Cox asked him.

“He said, ‘It’s my job.’”
    http://freebeacon.com/issues/blm-ran...nch-emergency/

Uh-huh.....
    How many of "the King's men" and "knights of the realm" have said that throughout the ages as they tried in vain to defend their actions which cost innocent blood.

I hope and pray this situation gets extinguished and soon.....
    Last edited by Florian9; April 11th, 2014 at 11:23 AM. Reason: added link

Here's a statement made by the daughter of Cliven Bundy! It will help many get what's going on___
    At least it should!

" Words from Shiree Bundy Cox:
    I have had people ask me to explain my dad's stance on this BLM fight. Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it s in a nut shell. My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there. Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the servival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars. These rights to the land use is called preemptive rights. Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the bureau of land management. They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repaires and improvements of the ranches. My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve. Instead they began using these money's against the ranchers. They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with they're own grazing fees. When they offered to buy my dad out for a penence he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren't doing their job. He quit paying the BLM but, tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down. So my dad just went on running his ranch and making his own improvements with his own equipment and his own money, not taxes. In essence the BLM was managing my dad out of business. Well when buying him out didn't work, they used the indangered species card. You've already heard about the desert tortis. Well that didn't work either, so then began the threats and the court orders, which my dad has proven to be unlawful for all these years. Now their desperate. It's come down to buying the brand inspector off and threatening the County Sheriff. Everything their doing at this point is illegal and totally against the constitution of the United States of America. Now you may be saying," how sad, but what does this have to do with me?" Well, I'll tell you. They will get rid of Cliven Bundy, the last man standing on the Bunkerville allotment and then they will close all the roads so no one can ever go on it again. Next, it's Utah's turn. Mark my words, Utah is next.
    Then there's the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen. See even if dad hasn't paid them, those cattle do belong to him. Regardless where they are they are my fathers property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even exsisted. Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad's signature on it. They think they can take them over two boarders, which is illegal, ask any trucker. Then they plan to take them to the Richfeild Aucion and sell them. All with our tax money. They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars. See how slick they are?
    Well, this is it in a nut shell. Thanks"

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Leave it to Bureaucratic (Bolshevik) Land Management to make a mess of things.

This sounds as bad as when they closed National Parks during the budget fiasco.

Of course now we need to hear the fed side.... like we can believe them?
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

I am seeing several rumors going around -- that it is about the desert tortoise, that it is about fracking, even that Harry Reid and his son have made a deal with China for this land so China can build a solar farm or some such thing. As I told DH, I am trying to stay clear of the more "weird" sites and get the real scoop on what's going on, but if this is wrongdoing by BLM, they need to stop now. I have seen it reported that BLM officers have roughed up, tased, and arrested members of Mr. Bundy's family as well as protesters (male and female) for merely taking pictures and asking questions. I have seen it reported that BLM has bought out all the other ranchers and Mr. Bundy is "last rancher standing" on the land in question. I have seen that the land is federally-owned and also that it is owned by Nevada. I am still trying to sort out truth from rumor so as not to jump the gun too quickly. I do not know much about the laws in this case, and there is so much "they said-they said" going on that I think it is going to be some time before the real story comes out completely.

As Davy Crockett opined, "Be sure you are right, then go ahead." That quote has stuck with me since early childhood for some reason, and I live by it every day. I am not always right by any means, but living by this quote has helped me be "right" more often than not.
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Here is something from a paper here in Nv on the story. If I am reading it right,it says the rancher's family settled the land in question in the 19th century..if that is so,it is his land ..right?

http://www.rgj.com/story/news/2014/0.../?sf24886394=1

This could be our lexington green. We are run by politicians who don't believe in private property or the constitution. This could be a defining moment for our republic. Our founding fathers saw the possibility of just the situation we find ourselves in today. An ever increasing tyrannical government, backed by people who benefit from large government, against those who love freedom. We are a constitutional republic, not a democracy as so many Americans mistakenly believe. As Ben Franklin said, a democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. A republic is the lamb contesting the vote. We are seeing the wolves voting in Nevada. Luckily, the lambs have the second amendment. After the revolutionary war, Franklin was asked, what have you given us, and he replied, A republic, if you can keep it. We are a country of laws, not of rule by men (Obama and his executive orders), nor of majority rule(AKA mob rule).

I always remember the wisdom of Sheriff Andy Taylor in the old Andy Griffith series. Never carried a gun and resolved these kinds of incidents with wit, wisdom and tact, not to mention fairness, justice and honor.

The gummit needs to take their dogs, tasers, snipers and guns and go home... if we had any leadership in DC it should wade in and shut down this confrontation.
    "Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God..."

The government has all these men in arms to confiscate cows but they can't find a sniper shooting at cars, can't find 15,000 men from arab countries that came here on student visas and never showed up for class.
    In the last farm bill they changed the law so that now you are liable for your parents debts if the received more than they should have from social security even if it was fifty years ago.
    Elections can not change these problems, it is time for a new revolution.

Being reported now in the last little while that the Sheriff has said that BLM will cease operations. I'm seeing this mostly on Facebook, but it appears to be happening. Of course, I wonder if they will come back once the cameras and supporters are gone. I hope people stay vigilant.
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoose View Post
    I always remember the wisdom of Sheriff Andy Taylor in the old Andy Griffith series. Never carried a gun and resolved these kinds of incidents with wit, wisdom and tact, not to mention fairness, justice and honor.

The gummit needs to take their dogs, tasers, snipers and guns and go home... if we had any leadership in DC it should wade in and shut down this confrontation.
    This was not a Fed issue. It has to do with states rights, which this Administration does not agree with and is trying to shut down.
    Bless the Bundy family.