Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RED ALERT out for possible volcanic eruption in Idaho!

Default RED ALERT out for possible volcanic eruption in Idaho!

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/site/in...0416-43394-USA

The "Red Alert" status for Borah Peak Mountain (the largest in Idaho), this report states, means that an eruption is forecast to be imminent with significant emission of ash into the atmosphere likely.

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Nothing on USGS map.

Is the source good?
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Is the source good?
    Russian/Hungarian sources.

Dante's Peak?
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

I posted a short bulletin from RSOE earlier in the Earthquake thread... Same source I've used in the past. Says alert level is being raised.
    Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.

USGS has watch status on one in the Aleutians and one in Hawaii

check out.. http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

Sorry, my english is not that good to explain. But I can gurantee you that RSOE service is really good and I have been watching it before. They inform about all 'catastrophes' all over the world. Including earthquakes, tsunamis etc.

This map is also very known: http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A3F03D20140416

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...central-idaho/

I didn't know Idaho had a volcano!

Has this "gone off" in recent history?

I've followed links to Idaho Geological, ANSI, and there is nothing on the map for now.

Curious indeed. Of course the US Gov't would not hide stuff from us would they.

"Prompting the EMERCOM warning about Borah Peak Mountain to WOVO, this report says, was yesterdays (12 April) 4.9 magnitude earthquake in central Idaho near the city of Challis, which on 28 October 1983 suffered a 6.9 magnitude earthquake which killed two children."

According to this quote from the article, there was an earthquake about 30 years ago but I didn't see anything regarding a volcanic eruption in recent history.

EMERCON is not familiar to me...perhaps more research is needed...
    Last edited by grace-saved; April 16th, 2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: added...

WOVO is a radio station in Kentucky. W prefix is east of the Mississippi, west would be a K.

This thread is beginning to sound goofy.

I did find an LA Times article about a swarm of small-mid earthquakes over the weekend, very close to the 1983 quake center. Geophysicists were going to place more monitors there.

From RSOE-EDIS

A warning issued today by the Ministry of the Russian Federal for Civil Defense, Emergencies and Elimination of Consequences of Natural Disasters (EMERCOM) has advised the World Organization of Volcano Observatories (WOVO) that a "Red Alert" status level for the Borah Peak Mountain in Idaho (North America/United States) may be warranted in the coming weeks due to increased volcanic-seismic activity detected by both ground and satellite observations. This is the second such warning issued by EMERCOM this year and follows their 24 January prediction that an earthquake and ensuing tsunami are expected to strike off the southwestern coast of Sakhalin Island, to the north of the epicenter of the 2 August 2007 6.2 magnitude earthquake in the town of Nevelsk that had, likewise, been successfully predicted by Russian scientists. Important to note about EMERCOM predictions is that unlike their Western counterparts, Russian scientists suggest four new techniques for long-range prediction of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, which are universal and can be applied to all of the regions of the earth. This type of forecasting has no psychic aspects to it at all, and is called "phase trajectory technique." It concerns a simultaneous analysis of periodic and quasi-periodic space rhythms, which involve many factors that have a great effect on these terrible formations, including but not limited to lunar tides and solar cycles. The "Red Alert" status for Borah Peak Mountain (the largest in Idaho), this report states, means that an eruption is forecast to be imminent with significant emission of ash into the atmosphere likely.
    :fish

Perhaps that is where they plan to target a nuke.

Not too far away is a nuclear waste processing plant. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    From RSOE-EDIS

A warning issued today by the Ministry of the Russian Federal for Civil Defense, Emergencies and Elimination of Consequences of Natural Disasters (EMERCOM) has advised the World Organization of Volcano Observatories (WOVO) that a "Red Alert" status level for the Borah Peak Mountain in Idaho (North America/United States) may be warranted in the coming weeks due to increased volcanic-seismic activity detected by both ground and satellite observations. This is the second such warning issued by EMERCOM this year and follows their 24 January prediction that an earthquake and ensuing tsunami are expected to strike off the southwestern coast of Sakhalin Island, to the north of the epicenter of the 2 August 2007 6.2 magnitude earthquake in the town of Nevelsk that had, likewise, been successfully predicted by Russian scientists. Important to note about EMERCOM predictions is that unlike their Western counterparts, Russian scientists suggest four new techniques for long-range prediction of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, which are universal and can be applied to all of the regions of the earth. This type of forecasting has no psychic aspects to it at all, and is called "phase trajectory technique." It concerns a simultaneous analysis of periodic and quasi-periodic space rhythms, which involve many factors that have a great effect on these terrible formations, including but not limited to lunar tides and solar cycles. The "Red Alert" status for Borah Peak Mountain (the largest in Idaho), this report states, means that an eruption is forecast to be imminent with significant emission of ash into the atmosphere likely.
    You mean to tell me that the Ruskies are threatening us with a volcanic eruption?
    Isaiah 41:13 "For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

Hebrews 13:5 "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

'Never will I leave you;
    never will I forsake you.'"

Jesus will not leave you, even when everyone else deserts you, he never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    W prefix is east of the Mississippi, west would be a K.
    Yes, except in Louisiana and Minnesota which do not strictly follow (for some reason) the call sign conventions. Plus a few other stations such as KDKA, Pittsburg and WRR, Dallas which also differ from the usual call sign designation.

Quote Originally Posted by sjrobert View Post
    Yes, except in Louisiana and Minnesota which do not strictly follow (for some reason) the call sign conventions. Plus a few other stations such as KDKA, Pittsburg and WRR, Dallas which also differ from the usual call sign designation.
    WOVO is the World Organization of Volcano Observatories... not a radio call sign in this case.

Here is the latest update from RSOE;

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/site/?p...-USA&uid=14839

The one that was posted yesterday was deleted. That is something I've never seen on their site. I check here daily and that link and info disappeared.
    Last edited by grace-saved; April 17th, 2014 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Thank you for that update. Though it doesn't explain all the other items that have been deleted, at least there is something out there. I have never seen an alert deleted either - they usually update them but not delete. I am a lurker here, thankfully gleaning from all the info and thoughts shared by everyone, but this has me in edge a bit. I felt both the ones on Saturday and on Monday and if you understand the landscape of Idaho, it seems crazy that we can feel earthquakes through all these mountains so far away. Our house is only a few miles from Hells Canyon which is the deepest gorge in the US.
    Watching this carefully and checking often so I can hope to see news updates before they are deleted, er, disappear...

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedBeyondMeasure View Post
    Thank you for that update. Though it doesn't explain all the other items that have been deleted, at least there is something out there. I have never seen an alert deleted either - they usually update them but not delete. I am a lurker here, thankfully gleaning from all the info and thoughts shared by everyone, but this has me in edge a bit. I felt both the ones on Saturday and on Monday and if you understand the landscape of Idaho, it seems crazy that we can feel earthquakes through all these mountains so far away. Our house is only a few miles from Hells Canyon which is the deepest gorge in the US.
    Watching this carefully and checking often so I can hope to see news updates before they are deleted, er, disappear...
    Praying for you all there in Idaho. We are transplants from Southern Idaho and still miss it and have many friends there. Mostly in the Mountain Home area and Boise. We were there for the 83 quake and felt it big time down in Mountain Home. I pray this is all hype and nothing occurs.

Idaho has an extinct super volcano near its' SE border. SUPRISE!

I don't know anything about a volcano but here in Idaho we've had a number of earthquakes in the last week and a half!
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.