Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel vs. Hamas - Updated, Summer 2014 **Merged**

Hundreds of mainly Islamist Jordanian protesters burnt Israeli flags in Amman on Sunday as demonstrators called on Palestinian Hamas militants to step up rocket attacks against Israeli towns and cities to avenge civilian deaths caused by Israel's offensive in Gaza.

Demonstrators near the Israeli embassy in Amman's affluent Rabia district chanted "Death to Israel" in one of the biggest public outpourings of anger against Israel in the last few years...
    Does anyone else find it somewhat ironic that the people of Jordan would be calling for "Death to Israel" when in fact, the nation of Israel is one of the only things that stand between them and a caliphate?

...it's an especially dicey position for King Abdullah to be in, as he is fully aware of this fact, even if no one else seems to be. ***smh***
    In His grip,
    ama2r

So this article states that a Lt. Gen. was killed....
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07...ng-for-israel/

That's either a huge misprint or he must have been "super" since I've never ever heard of a 38 year old 3 star general....I was thinking maybe Lt.Col.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

If Hezbollah gets involved it will be a long bloody campaign. Egypt has sent in potential "suicide donkeys" so it could escalate on both borders.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Isn't that rich coming from a Turk! They know all about genocide given their treatment of Greeks, Bulgarians, Kurds, and Armenians.

Default Suspected terror attack in West Bank: Israeli in serious condition after being shot

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

Quote Originally Posted by WVBORN56 View Post
    I think this leads to Psalm 83/Isaiah 17 great middle east war. If not now then in the very near future. I would look for ISIS to play a part in this as well if it escalates. We know this is prophetically significant but I don't think any one knows just how it all plays out. Just like the air disaster in the Ukraine I'm not sure the significance but it surely plays a role at this late hour.
    Don't have anything to add to this except the world is in chaos right now. I'm expecting major developments in the coming weeks and months...
    If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.

John 15:19

Does anyone know of any other live video feeds? Both feeds linked too in this thread are no longer working.

Quote Originally Posted by Maisie View Post
    I think Israel will receive condemnation from the rest of the world if they continue to kill so many civilians. While many world leaders agree they have the right to defend themselves it seems that they are targeting places where there are lots of women and children.
    Your compassion is admirable and understandable; however, this is what Hamas wants. They want as many civilians (Arabs and Jews alike) to be killed so they can get the rest of the world to blame and isolate Israel.

Israel targets these areas because they are infested with Hamas and their terroristic tunnels. Hamas convinces, or many times, brutishly forces civilians to stay in these areas as human shields. They want Gazan women and children to die. It furthers their cause.

Israel gives these people fair warning. They take painstaking measures to protect civilians. They don't have the manpower or time to make sure everyone heeds this warning. They have to be more concerned with protecting their innocent civilians who are bombarded with rockets and threats on a daily basis. It's just a sad fact of war.

Please don't buy into the lies of the biased, Jew-hating, liberal, mainstream media. If you want to blame people for this, blame the Palestinian Authority and their spineless leader Mahmoud Abbas, who needs to bring Hamas under control and completely disassociate with them. Not gonna' happen though...

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

You can NOT fight a war and be nice about it, that is how you lose.
    We firebombed women and children in World War II.
    I do not believe the numbers from Gaza press anyway.
    Did you know Hamas fighters have a different hospital than civilians and the fighters have no shortages of medicine.

As for what happens next:

War expands (Psalm 83)
    Cease-fire (Psalm 83 in a few months)

[QUOTE=Joseph The Carpenter;2490927]You can NOT fight a war and be nice about it, that is how you lose.
    Did you know Hamas fighters have a different hospital than civilians and the fighters have no shortages of medicine.

War expands (Psalm 83)
    Cease-fire (Psalm 83 in a few months)[/QUOTE

Then hopefully we go home? Then the "peace deal"...

I really hope this leads to the Psalm 83 war. I really want things to move to a close now. I have been looking for His Return so long (as have you) that you kinda get weary with every build up resulting in nothing - hate the loss of life though, but unfortunatly it is war, and God said it would be so.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph The Carpenter View Post
    You can NOT fight a war and be nice about it, that is how you lose.

War expands (Psalm 83)
    Cease-fire (Psalm 83 in a few months)
    Then Israel would be no better than Hamas, and all the allegations against them would be proven true.

US did attack civilians in WW2, that was a cowardly and dishonorable, not to mention immoral action. War doesn't have a different set of morality than non-war. Murder is Murder.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofGeddo View Post
    Then Israel would be no better than Hamas, and all the allegations against them would be proven true.

US did attack civilians in WW2, that was a cowardly and dishonorable, not to mention immoral action. War doesn't have a different set of morality than non-war. Murder is Murder.

Than you lose, there are no rules when you are fightimg for your life.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofGeddo View Post

Ok folks, please allow me to take a shot at this.

SwordofGeddo, Consider this.

Scenario A: Thugs break into my house and in a brief struggle they kill me or a family member. Is that murder?

Scenario B: Thugs break into my home, have weapons and appear ready to do me or family great bodily harm and possibly death. I shoot them and they are dead. Is that "murder"?

In each case someone killed someone. The first scenario is murder.....The unlawful killing of another human being without justification or excuse.

Scenario B is by definition Justifiable homicide. Someone was killed. A killing, though it was without evil or criminal intent, for which there can be no blame, such as self-defense to protect oneself or to protect another.

Wondering if I closed this up or opened a can of worms...LOL

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Jesus set the parameters: you who say raca' [worthless].......

I suppose it would depend upon the heart of the person pulling the trigger.

Consider the criminal: Look I'm desperate, I just want the valuables and I'll go... no, don't pull the gun...bang

or the defender: You worthless scum.. threaten my family....blam blam blam......

Who's the murder here?

This is not a good discussion because we wind up judging hearts. That is for God alone.

Living in terror, threats of annihilation, constant violence....
    Israel can only take so much. Which is why I say they need to respond with bulldozers, not so much tanks and bombs.

Foot by foot, hamas will cost Gaza its existence. Every missile costs them a yard here and there until finally there is no place left for them. And then it moves to the West Bank.
    God will restore Israel's land if only by the incessant evil of the PA/hamas.

Of course when the people protest, then challenge them to do something otherwise their support for hamas is a declaration of war.

And as islam has demonstrated its barbaric conduct to its own adherents, its sacrifice of children, its constant thirst for blood....

then... their blood be upon their own heads.

Bear in mind - these comments are for a people under law, under the rules of warfare.

This is not Christ's way for those under grace.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Wally, of course their will be gray areas. But I did set up the circumstanes to try and make it clear what the intentions were for each killing. If the kiliing is in a gray area as to intent we take great pains here in the US with our judicial system for a fair trial by jury.

Meanwhile back to the topic at hand.....

I've seen John Kerry in the news more and more and I get the feeling that at some point he will declare that he has reached an understanding with Hamas for a ceasefire.......at that point he will be able to point the finger at Israel and (try to) make them look the aggressor. I just picture Kerry trying to save hamas from defeat. I think he wants them to live to fight another day.

Christ's way is martyrdom and I have great respect for that.
    I am too human for that, I just can't let them cut off my head.

Just a reminder; we are not talking about individual people as individuals, but on governments and their duty to the citizens of their nations. For example, the decision to drop the atomic bomb wasn't made by an individual about other individuals but by the heads of government, as heads of government. The same situations like "self-defense" apply in completely different ways when we are talking about nations. Israel, as a nation, has to act in self-defense. How they act in self defense can be debated, but they have to figure out how to stop it in a such a way that the least amount of lives will be lost. And, that is how we decided to drop the bomb in WWII.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Preach Repent, the end is near

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedeemed View Post
    If Israel takes too long about it or kills too many of the Hamas operatives or civilians, then there may very well be a backlash in the region possibly leading to a concerted multi-nation attack triggering the whole end-times events.
    Don't forget it's been over a year since there was warning that Iran would have "nuclear capability" within months. The U.S. has consistently blown this off, and even now has "delayed talks for four months". However, I'm sure Mr. Netanyahu has not forgotten, and Israeli intelligence (Masad), is keeping a close eye on the situation. It's possible they could attack Iran at anytime.

Or, if it is necessary for Israel to completely defeat Hamas and reclaim Gaza, Hezbollah, Iran, Syria, ISIS, (the U.N.), and perhaps even Putin will deem it necessary to intervene. I'm afraid the U.S. will close it's eyes and ears, except for the media - which is anti-Israel.

Guess what, my GOD knows what is going on within each of their hearts and minds. His plan will be fulfilled and HE will be glorified!

We are living in very special times, use these events to witness to unbelievers, PRAY, and lift your heads, our redemption draweth nigh!

God Bless
    1Co 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed!

Islam is a complete and utter nightmare religion. Every day I think I can't be more appalled at what they pull. And each day I'm wrong.
    John Robinson

Scribe