Thread: FFTF radio Chris Rosebrough doesn't believe in rapture

Default FFTF radio Chris Rosebrough doesn't believe in rapture

I've always wondered why I have never heard Chris R. mention the rapture on the program. It's because he doesn't believe there will be a rapture.

Listen yourself. www.fightingforthefaith.com. It's the feb 13 episode about the 45 minute mark during the email segment.

Perhaps we should stop linking his show on this board?
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Thankfully belief in the rapture is not a salvation issue. It is however a very telling indicator that not enough Christians study their Bibles with any applied discernment. In the meantime we can discard that which we know to be errors in the teaching(s).

It is my belief that there will be a great number of very happily shocked and surprised Christians when the rapture happens.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

What has really surprised me about Chris is that he is so smart and well educated in the Bible. How can he not believe in the rapture?

I stopped following him on Facebook mainly because of the comments people made towards those who do believe in the Rapture and hold a dispensationist view.
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

I've known Chris R. is a Lutheran for years so I always listen with a critical ear to what he says, and to be honest, there is very little that I have ever found to be in disagreement with him on.

Is disbelief in the rapture a Lutheran thing?
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

while I applaud Chris R. for speaking out on false teachers and false prophets

I gotta ask:

why aren't many Pre-Tribbers taking on the NAR crowd and the prosperity gospel crowd.

It seems to be a off topic discussion for many Pre-Trib teachers for some reason.

Other than Brannon Howse and Jackie Alnor, I don't know of any Pre-Trib radio or tv hosts who take on the NAR crowd and the prosperity gospel crowds like Rosebrough does
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Default Possible explaination

Yes Chris is Lutheran pastor. His denial of the rapture can be traced back to Luther however you need to go even further back. Luther entered the closed Augustinian friary in Erfurt in 1505 after his lightening experience and crying out to St. Anne. Go back further to Augustine for getting information on what he believed and you will start to understand Lutheranism a little better.
    The whole idea of amillennialism began with Augustine (around that time) and was continued into the RC church. If you believe we are currently living in the 'figurative' millenium right now, then it stands to reason the rapture is a false doctrine. The only thing we are waiting for is for Jesus to return and reign.
    As Jacob Prasch has explained is his podcasts, the early church (post resurrection to approx 300AD) DID believe in the rapture (Do your own research). Types and shadows (to use Chris' frequent terms) of the rapture are found throughout the Older and Newer Testaments. The one I like the best is the illustration of the Jewish wedding ceremony.

See: John 14:1-3 and do a search for the Biblical Jewish wedding ceremony.
    There are a few good articles out on the web. The upshod of the illustration is that the bride was whisked away by the groom to the "little mansion" attached to the Fathers house. She stayed hidden in the mansion for 7 days while the marriage was consummated and then was brought out at the end of 7 days for the wedding feast as the bride of the groom. See any parallels there?

The big problem that people who deny the rapture is confusing the second coming with the rapture. Jesus never touches down on the earth for the rapture, he does so at the second advent. Another problem that is closely related is that of amillennialism. If, during the millennium as the book of the Revelation describes; satan is bound for a thousand years (Rev 20:1-3), who let him loose in this present amillennial age?

Another problem for amillennials is not accepting the scriptures as literal. If the Old Testament described Jesus as literally a man and God, dying for my sins, a Jew, from Judah, etc and it happened exactly so, why should we believe the millennium is figurative?

Therein lies one of the major problems with the Lutheran faith. The protestant reformation started the ball rolling however Lutherans have by in large remained stuck where Luther himself did. If you look at Luther's writings, he was quite ready to cut the book of Revelation plus a few other from the Bible because he could not see how it fit in the scheme of things. We are indebted to Luther's contributions, we are responsible to continue out from there.

Gratefully as previously described, this is not a salvation issue. I truly appreciate Chris and the ministry he does on a daily basis. Like any other teacher, I go back to the scriptures and see if what he says matches up with what scripture plainly states.

Hope that helps a bit.

E
    Sola Scriptura - Scripture Alone
    Solus Christus - Christ Alone
    Sola Gratia - Grace Alone
    Sola Fide - Faith Alone
    Soli Deo Gloria - The Glory of God Alone

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

this is JMO

I think part of the reason why Chris and others are AMIL types, is we in the Pre-Trib community haven't done as much as we should to speak out on the False Prophets and Date Setters out there

look at Cindy Jacobs or the Blood Moons thing of Hagee 's (or the Shemitah stuff of Cahn 's)

when u got a lot of Pre and Post Trib types supporting self-professed prophets and date setters, it gives the AMIL crowd IMO ammo to legitimize their beliefs.

Not defending the AMIL crowd, but I think we need to become as vocal as they are when it comes to self professed prophets nowadays.
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

This thread made me think of this study I recently read. Written in 2008 but even more relevant today!
    http://gracethrufaith.com/my-thought...t-the-rapture/