Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truck lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    Ahhhhh, but a Ford will run errands for you while you stay home and surf RR-BB!
    If I found a Ford with that option, I just might lower my standards and buy it
    Galatians 2: 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
    If I found a Ford with that option, I just might lower my standards and buy it
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

I've owned two F-150's and I wouldn't own another one. My work truck is a Chevy and it's nice and my wife has a Trailblazer and that's sweet but my name says it all! I have a 2001 Ram powered by a 360 with a nice set of duals and that's why it's a Loudram. I've had this truck for a long time. It's pushing close to 200k and still runs strong. Don't get me wrong she's showing her age but I wouldn't drive anything other than a Ram. And yes it's the original tranny and engine but the front end needs to be rebuilt in the worst way.
    -Todd
    Desert Storm Vet-US Navy
    America...Land of the free BECAUSE of the brave

Live your life in a way that causes others to question their disbelief in God.

We contribute nothing to our salvation except the sin from which we need to be redeemed. William Temple (English diplomat & author)

Quote Originally Posted by LoudRam View Post
    I've owned two F-150's and I wouldn't own another one. My work truck is a Chevy and it's nice and my wife has a Trailblazer and that's sweet but my name says it all! I have a 2001 Ram powered by a 360 with a nice set of duals and that's why it's a Loudram. I've had this truck for a long time. It's pushing close to 200k and still runs strong. Don't get me wrong she's showing her age but I wouldn't drive anything other than a Ram. And yes it's the original tranny and engine but the front end needs to be rebuilt in the worst way.
    Looks like you got your moneys worth out of the Ram truck. I hope to get the same out of mine
    Galatians 2: 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.

Looks like you got your moneys worth out of the Ram truck. I hope to get the same out of mine
    Yeah, I got my money's worth. She doesn't owe me anything. They're good trucks.
    -Todd
    Desert Storm Vet-US Navy

We contribute nothing to our salvation except the sin from which we need to be redeemed. William Temple (English diplomat & author)

Quote Originally Posted by LoudRam View Post
    Yeah, I got my money's worth. She doesn't owe me anything. They're good trucks.
    I towed my fifth wheel from NC to Oregon, and now heading back to NC. At times I have to remind myself I'm towing a 11000 pound trailer.

Thanks for your Navy service. I'm retired USMC, my wife is retired USN.

I towed my fifth wheel from NC to Oregon, and now heading back to NC. At times I have to remind myself I'm towing a 11000 pound trailer.

Thanks for your Navy service. I'm retired USMC, my wife is retired USN.
    And thank you and your wife for your service. But I'm sure you feel like I do when someone thanks me.. a little awkward. It was just a job we did. At least that's how I feel. I glad I served and I wouldn't change a thing but I still feel funny when this happens. But thank you.
    -Todd
    Desert Storm Vet-US Navy

As for Ford, it was the best one ton dump truck I ever owned... but I have driven Chevy Blazers/Tahoes since 1978 exclusively.

My latest Tahoe a 2015 is blowing me away with gas mileage. To and from the big city about 19.5; On the interstate between city and city about 24.5. (These are 50 mile average numbers) My best to date was on a trip from Cleveland to Columbus OH. Nice summer day. I found the sweet spot at 65 to 67 miles per hour, and was following a semi doing the same speed. I noticed my MPG just rising and rising, so I stuck with the semi and tried to break 30 MPG over a 25 mile average. Didn't quite make it; but got 29.7! I am very impressed with this 11.5 compression ratio, direct injection engine that runs on 87 octane. Now if it is reliable, it is the best Tahoe I have owned. (up to 12,500 miles and no issues)
    "Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God..."

Ended up with the 02 Tahoe. Still miss my Dakota. Tahoe isn't made with a manual as far as I can tell. I would drive an old school Blazer(not s10) with a stick. I'm thankful to have something to get me around.
    Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    Coming again coming again maybe morning maybe noon maybe evening and maybe soon!
    Coming again coming again O what a wonderful day it will be! Jesus is coming again!

I am driving a 14 Ram Sport with 5.7 Hemi and 3.92 rear end. I like this truck alot for the ride. My last truck was an 06 F150 with the 4.6 The reason I bought the Ram was because I like the looks of it. I really like the looks of the new F150s So if I was to buy today it would be a F150.

Default Duel Disc Clutch

Anyone have any experiences with a South Bend dual disc clutch? We bought a 2010 3500 Dodge cummins yesterday and it has this duel disc clutch.
    I was raised driving a manual and have had several in my adult life so I know how to use a clutch, but this one is TOUGH to drive!!

We went into a parking lot and I did circle eights. The clutch seemed sticky and it rattles when idling. I'm not a fan but my husband said it'll help with pulling our new 31 ft travel trailer.

Have to share my praise report:
    We've had an 06 Ford f250 6.0 liter diesel for years with no problems. The night before last I was driving it to a location about two hours away to meet a guy who was interested in buying it. (Husband had to work) 20 minutes away from the meeting place I started hearing a sound under the hood...pulled over and saw that the serpentine belt was about to break. My kids were following me in our Mazda so I hopped in with them and flew to the city 20 min away and went to Napa...bought a new belt and pulleys just in case. Called my nephew who is a mechanic and he was just getting off of work so he got in with me and we went back out to the truck. He didn't have the right tools but he called some friends to come out and help (who are also mechanics,) and I just happened to pull over next to one of my nephew's friends dad's place, so he came down with tools and helped out as well. It took them a couple hours to do it...in the rain...at night. I made it to the location to meet the buyer and he bought it! There's more to it all but I just felt the Lord was with me every step of the way.
    Oh, and I put a Bible and tracts in a compartment of the Ford so I pray that the young man who bought it would stumble upon them.

Earlier this year, I hitched my fifth wheel trailer to my Ram 3500, for my last of 2.5 round trips from NC to Oregon. We have moved to Oregon. We moved directly from the RV park in Oregon to our new house, and I sold my fifth wheel the next day, and the truck 2 weeks later. My Ram 3500 towed my trailer approx 23000 miles over 4 years, never had a problem with the engine, and had to hold it back climbing the mountains.

Traded my ram 3500 for a new Ram 1500. It sure is easier to park now without my long long bed 3500 with duallys.

RV days are probably in the past. Fun times.

I'm planning to purchase a new Ford Superduty next year. My current one is 20 years old. It's been wonderful but I don't want to push my luck and I'm too old to fix very many things that go wrong with it. The cabin air blower motor finally went out. I've got parts on order and can do that repair myself, fortunately. This current one has a 7.3 liter diesel engine that I love. On the new one I'll be getting a gasoline engine, partly for the lower cost, partly because the gasser should have enough power for my needs, and partly because I'll be able to do the oil change. It's getting harder and harder for me to get the oil filter off of the diesel engine... I guess there are both upsides and downsides to aging out, for the truck and me both...

I was gonna replace the truck this year or last, but had some unexpected big expenses in the form of a driveway repair and a new deep water well.

I like to put toppers on my trucks. Ford is offering a camera that mounts at the top center of the cab... I'm thinking a topper would block the view of the camera. I'm gonna have to look in to that.

I'm planning to purchase a new Ford Superduty next year. My current one is 20 years old. It's been wonderful but I don't want to push my luck and I'm too old to fix very many things that go wrong with it. The cabin air blower motor finally went out. I've got parts on order and can do that repair myself, fortunately. This current one has a 7.3 liter diesel engine that I love. On the new one I'll be getting a gasoline engine, partly for the lower cost, partly because the gasser should have enough power for my needs, and partly because I'll be able to do the oil change. It's getting harder and harder for me to get the oil filter off of the diesel engine... I guess there are both upsides and downsides to aging out, for the truck and me both...

I was gonna replace the truck this year or last, but had some unexpected big expenses in the form of a driveway repair and a new deep water well.

I like to put toppers on my trucks. Ford is offering a camera that mounts at the top center of the cab... I'm thinking a topper would block the view of the camera. I'm gonna have to look in to that.

Lol, that's easy Timbers, you get you some pvc pipe and a couple of ladies compact mirrors, hacksaw and some duct tape, make a periscope for the camera. Mount periscope to the topper so the camera is looking into the first mirror which is reflecting the scene behind the truck. what could go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpusher View Post
    Lol, that's easy Timbers, you get you some pvc pipe and a couple of ladies compact mirrors, hacksaw and some duct tape, make a periscope for the camera. Mount periscope to the topper so the camera is looking into the first mirror which is reflecting the scene behind the truck. what could go wrong?
    Reckon I'll just get a topper then and follow your instructions... it should work... I'll need to figure out some way to crank the periscope down so I can pull into the garage... any ideas for that?

Reckon I'll just get a topper then and follow your instructions... it should work... I'll need to figure out some way to crank the periscope down so I can pull into the garage... any ideas for that?
    I'm not sure you should take my advice after relating my tales of plumbing woe, but, I am thinking of maybe pulling a power antenna mechanism down at the auto salvage.

Maybe skip the whole periscope bulk and mount the cam direct on the antenna. How you wire it up I don't know.