Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Ok so what's all this talk about September...

Quote Originally Posted by USCG_Vet View Post
    1) Another rabbit trail. Nobody knows. It's NOT important because the Author (God) didn't inspire the writer to pen who the actual audience was into the letter.
    Jumping to here as I agree we can/should avoid rabbit trails that don't pertain to this discussion.

2) Well... Ephesians pretty much takes care of the "mystery" (I believe this is the same "mystery" you were referring too). I don't want to quote the whole book but Paul was writing to the saints that the mystery that was revealed to him through Lord Jesus Christ:
    Paul was revealed 7 mysteries from Christ upon his conversion from Saul

1. Secret of the Gospel of Grace (Romans 16:25-26). There's actually a list of differences between what the 12 Apostles preached vs Paul I.e water baptism vs no water/spiritual
    2. Secret of the Blinding of Israel (Romans 11:25-27)
    3. Secret of the Rapture and resurrection of the Body of Christ 1 Corinthians 15:51-53
    4. The secret of the one body (Ephesians 3:1-9)
    5. Secret of Heavenly Citizenship
    6. Secret of His Will
    7. Secret of Gods Grace

The mystery I am looking at is mystery of the blinding of Israel.

“For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:”
    **Romans‬ *11:25-26‬ *KJV‬‬
    http://bible.com/1/rom.11.25-26.kjv

The Age of Grace is also the Age of the Gentiles. It's a gap between the fulfillment of the Davidoc Covenant where Jesus will LITERALLY rule from Jerusalem as both King of Kings and High Priest. Which was why i quoted Acts 15 as this marked the council in Jerusalem where the 12 Apostles where informed of this and made the call they did.

(My notes) on the "mystery" in Ephesians NKJV:
    "to the SAINTS who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus" (obvious the audience is the Body of Christ here)
    "He chose us in Him" (also similar wording in Jeremiah 31:33 passage quoted in Hebrews "...and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.")
    "predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself" (same as above and a hint to Isaiah 66 sons!)
    "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins" (the New Covenant Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8)
    "having made known to us the mystery of His will" (mystery... of His will)
    "IN the DISPENSATION of the FULLNESS of the TIMES He might GATHER TOGETHER in ONE" (WHOA!!!) "ALL THINGS in CHRIST" (You just helped me on my other research on the Feast of Trumpets and the Dedication Ceremony for both 1st and 2nd Temples) Woo HOO! Thank you!
    "In Him also we have obtained an inheritance" (makes since because we are sons)
    . (Grace by Faith)
    . (Circumcision of the flesh brought close by the blood of Christ.)
    "but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God" (New Jerusalem citizen!)
    "in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit" (Interesting imagery here)
    Basically the "mystery" penned in Ephesians is what Jeremiah 31 said ... was to the saints...[/quote]

Yes. However that all relates to the Mosaic covenant. We are referring to the Kingdom Gospel (Davids covenant).

Remember all of Israel kept trying to make Jesus king. And He refused the crown multiple times.

3) I don't think it started with Paul. Jesus started it. I remember one case with the Gentile woman Matthew 15:21-28. Jesus forgave the gentile woman before He died on the cross. Jesus made that decision towards the Gentile woman because of her faith. But it was also predicted in Jeremiah 31:31-32 where God took them by the hand and lead them out of Egypt but they still broke the covenant. So God made a new covenant. Jesus paid for the covenant at the cross!
    Correct.

4) I didn't mention the Rev12 alignment. I've found a completely different route of discovery through the Biblical recorded Temple Dedication Ceremonies. This post is specifically about identifying the idea of the Church in the Old Testament. The Church is the "faithful priest" or the "male child".
    I'm not looking at the alignment now...! I'm looking at God's Word!
    The question arose from the Rev 12 sign thread in order to identify whom the male child was.

They are interconnected.

5) You want to limit our knowledge of the Word? I always want to know and understand more of the Word!
    Knock off the condescending tone please. Just because I won't side with your view doesn't mean I refuse to learn more about the Bible.

6) Continue to occupy until He comes! Continue to study the Word and learn new things! Continue to witness the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
    Ok.

7) GREAT! SWEET! Where do you want to meet up at the Wedding Ceremony?
    I think we have a Rapture Ready table already reserved for all of us.

"I can see that the Word is absolutely inspired by God!" This sentence came out with the wrong context from my head. I apologize for how that one was received.
    That's fine if it's in error. Sword sharpening is great and God loves edifying.

What I was thinking when I wrote it was to the links that I see written in the Word of God are Inspired. Links that I didn't imagine up, but are penned in the Word.
    Old covenant vs New covenant; head vs body; male child vs children; "faithful priest" vs "their"
    We should find all sorts of connections through the Bible. However in the Old Testament Gentiles had to get circumsized
    In order to partake in salvation. In order to be apart of the Mosaic covenant they needed to be circumsized.

I'm positive the "New Covenant" appeared in the Old Testament somewhere before Jeremiah, you give potential examples of EXODUS and DEUTERONOMY. But I find this passage in Jeremiah 31 to be an important pivot point in the Word.
    The new covenant was always meant to lead towards Christ. That's not something I'm arguing with.

Christ admonished Israel cause with all their laws meant to point them to Him He stood right in front of them and they could realize God came to redeemed Him.

So He took the Gospel to the Gentiles to make Israel jealous. This is the Mystery of Blindness. But it doesn't remove all the other unfulfilled promises made to Israel.

EDIT: I pointed out Jeremiah and Hebrews to show what covenant they were referring to being removed. Notice they both mention when we took you by the hand out of Egypt.

The reason I went back to Exodus and Deuteronomy was to show WHAT covenant was made when Israel was taken by the hand out of Egypt. The Mosaic Covenant

In Samuel (2 Samuel) we see the establishing of the Davidic Covenant.
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Israel September 23rd revelation 12 sign

Hey I'm new here and looking for answers on this revelation 12 sign on September the 23 as I study scripture I cannot conclude the possibility of revelation 12 happening before the seals are broken I sure understand OUR LORD can and does use the sun the moon and the stars for signs. I'm also of the mind that we are very close to the LORDS return. With that being said. The LORD said at an hour you think not. So I'm just curious what you guys think

We don't participate in date-setting here other than to discourage it. I don't believe there is anything special about the date you mentioned in terms of Biblical prophecy. It seems to me you are thinking correctly on the matter, at least from my perspective.

Welcome, by the way. Please take a moment to introduce yourself in our New Members forum. Here's a link to the forum: http://rr-bb.com/forumdisplay.php?28...me-New-Members!
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse newman View Post
    Hey I'm new here and looking for answers on this revelation 12 sign on September the 23 as I study scripture I cannot conclude the possibility of revelation 12 happening before the seals are broken I sure understand OUR LORD can and does use the sun the moon and the stars for signs. I'm also of the mind that we are very close to the LORDS return. With that being said. The LORD said at an hour you think not. So I'm just curious what you guys think
    Welcome Jesse.

The September phenomena is something that's been making the rounds for a few years now and this year is no different.

Bottom line? Much ado about nothing.

Comments have been turned off but the information this merged thread contains should answer any questions you may have.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.