Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Pre Trib Rapture and the hate against it.

Default How do I answer?

Need some help here...dealing with a "smart" one who claims Christians won't be raptured. When I said the Church is not mentioned from Rev. thru 22, this is the reply I got:

The capital "C" Church as we use the word today, is not found at all in the Book of Revelation. Individual church bodies in ancient Asia Minor are found. In Revelation 12:11 we find those under the Blood of the Lamb. A person cannot be under the Blood of the Lamb and not be under the Grace of the New Covenant Church. The 144,000 are described as "firstfruits" of the Lamb. In Romans 16:5 Paul uses the same language to describe Christians.
    love in Christ Jesus & prayers,
    Lynda

I am ready to go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sing4theLord View Post
    Need some help here...dealing with a "smart" one who claims Christians won't be raptured. When I said the Church is not mentioned from Rev. thru 22, this is the reply I got:

The capital "C" Church as we use the word today, is not found at all in the Book of Revelation. Individual church bodies in ancient Asia Minor are found. In Revelation 12:11 we find those under the Blood of the Lamb. A person cannot be under the Blood of the Lamb and not be under the Grace of the New Covenant Church. The 144,000 are described as "firstfruits" of the Lamb. In Romans 16:5 Paul uses the same language to describe Christians.
    First fruit after the start of Tribulation. They will receive their Devine duties immediately after the rapture. No one said no new Christians would be created during the Tribulation
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

How do I answer their comment of "the capital "C" Church as we use the word today, is not found at all in the Book of Revelation. Individual church bodies in ancient Asia Minor are found." ?

I think they either believe or think believers in the Tribulation are the same as believers today, and I know that is not true. I want to be concise and accurate in my reply...are Tribulation saints not under the Holy Spirit's protection?

How can I respond to the Romans 16:5 reference?
    love in Christ Jesus & prayers,
    Lynda

I am ready to go!!!

I recommend a great book by a Hebrew Christian, Footsteps of the Messiah, by Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum, a true scholar. Several people here at RR have read this book and give it a strong recommendation. I'm one of them.

-Lynn

Just last night I was reading about how the 24 elders represent the church. I can't link to it because it's a blog, but I'll give a brief summary. Back in 1 Chronicles 24 and 25 the priests and musicians were divided into divisions, 24 total. The 24 represented the whole of them. (All 24 divisions would come to serve on the Feast days). 24 elders represent the whole. But the whole of what? The elders are dressed in white garments, (see Rev 3:5 and like Zechariah 3:3-4), they have a crown (see Rev 2:10, James 1:12) they are seated on thrones (see 1 Cor 6:1-3, 2 Tim 2:12, verses about us being seated in heaven with Him and ruling over the nations). Another point that was made was that when Ezekiel and Isaiah had a vision on the throne of God there were no elders there. Angels, yes, but no elders. If this group does not represent the whole of the raptured church, then who are they?
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I recommend a great book by a Hebrew Christian, Footsteps of the Messiah, by Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum, a true scholar. Several people here at RR have read this book and give it a strong recommendation. I'm one of them.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven