Thread: Work boots

Default Work boots

I need new work boots!

I'm partial to Red Wings, but my current pair which are just over a year old are failing! The sole is falling off. I'm very disappointed in them, as I've always had good luck with this brand.

I need some very comfortable, durable, somewhat waterproof, steel toe work boots.

Anybody have any recommendations?
    If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.

John 15:19

Go to your Red Wing store to report the premature wear/damage and go online if that doesn't work. After that you might check out Lehigh Safety for a wealth of shoe/boot choices that would meet your needs. They have very good customer service too.

I'm fond of Asolo boots. I don't know if they make a steel toed boot or not. I use Asolo when I'm out running the chainsaw or doing other heavy chores.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Depends on what you're using them for...but I love Danners

Thanks!

I'll check into Asolo and Danners...

I took my old boots in and they gave me a 20% discount on my new pair. These are much better suited than my old ones. I work on a printing press and there's a lot of ink and water that gets onto them, as well as soap.

I just got a beautiful pair of Chippewa boots for hiking and winter weather, so I'll see how these age. These won't be going anywhere near work, so they should do very well...
    If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

If you need the boots for work, see if there is a PPE reimbursal program at work. [Personal Protection Equipment]
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Ya, work will give me $60.00 for getting steel toe boots...

This'll be day 1 for the new boots. I'm hoping for the best!

Red Wings-stick with em.

Quote Originally Posted by Genetic Code View Post
    Ya, work will give me $60.00 for getting steel toe boots...

This'll be day 1 for the new boots. I'm hoping for the best!
    It's my turn to get new work boots, so I am wondering, how are the new ones holding up?

I used to work 12 hour shifts on cement floor on my feet the whole time, I fell in love with these steel toe shoes: Nautilus offered by Sears and Dunham by New Balance. Both have a tennis shoe feel to them, are steel toe and ESD. I won't ever use another brand steel toe shoe. I even where them outside of work.

I know this is a guy's thread but I just want to pipe in and say that my husband has tried countless work boots over the years as a cop and now as a UPS'r. A co-worker introduced him to Kenetreks and he has been really impressed! He said it was like going from a 2wd Datsun to a 4WD Dodge Cummins. Plus he uses them for hiking/hunting Idaho's rugged terrain with no problems.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Koalie View Post
    I know this is a guy's thread but I just want to pipe in and say that my husband has tried countless work boots over the years as a cop and now as a UPS'r. A co-worker introduced him to Kenetreks and he has been really impressed! He said it was like going from a 2wd Datsun to a 4WD Dodge Cummins. Plus he uses them for hiking/hunting Idaho's rugged terrain with no problems.
    Ha! A Datsun! Haven't heard a reference to those in quite some time!
    Toots