Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: Rapture trumpet sound

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southeast texas
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoose View Post
    I think the explanations upstream are much more Biblically based. That said, I have kept this mp3 recording of a shofar being played for years now. I listen to it from time to time and it cheers me up tremendously!
    www.mtg-technologies.com/temp/Shofar.mp3 Hope you enjoy it!

    Thank you for posting that, very enjoyable. I was able to purchase a shofar during my trip to Israel in 2008 and my husband who is a trumpet player makes beautiful sounds come forth, but when I try.....nothing lol. You definitely the right technique and some lung capacity.
    Jeremiah 32:27
    Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh, is there anything too hard for Me?



  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoose View Post
    I think the explanations upstream are much more Biblically based. That said, I have kept this mp3 recording of a shofar being played for years now. I listen to it from time to time and it cheers me up tremendously!
    www.mtg-technologies.com/temp/Shofar.mp3 Hope you enjoy it!
    My DH had the shofar sound as his wake-up alarm for a while. It got to be too depressing every morning when we realized it was time to get up, not go home

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickamedic View Post
    Will the unbelievers on earth hear the trumpet sound and the call to ,"come up hear !" ?
    Well if you look in the books of Acts where Saul had has conversion experience, two men were escorting him when the Lord spoke. The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. So if you use the Bible as it's own commentary then the same would apply, speechless, hearing the shout and didn't know where it came from. The world would realize something very important happen.

    Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers 1 Thessalonians 4:16
    With a shout.—The Greek word means a shout of command or encouragement, such as a captain gives to his soldiers, or a boatswain to his crew. It is not necessary to inquire what the command may be, or to whom issued, inasmuch as the word does not always imply any particular orders; nor who is represented as uttering it: the intention is only to convey the notion of the stirring noise, in the midst of which (for the original has “in,” not “with”) the Lord will descend. It is, however, somewhat particularised by what follows: two notes amid those sounds of mystery strike the ear—the archangel’s voice, and the trump of God. Probably, therefore, the “shout of command” is uttered by the “leader of the angels;” and the trump (called “the trump of God” because used for God’s purposes) is blown to summon the mustering hosts. In favour of supposing the Lord Himself to utter the cry, may be adduced John 5:25; but, on the other hand, it suits the dignity of the scene better to imagine the loud sound to come rather from one of the heralds of the great army. The preposition “in” is more effective than “with:” it calls attention to the long blast. (Comp. Exodus 19:19.)



    Me personally, when I see Jesus, I will run to Him, embrace Him and cry for joy in His arms.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DerRickster View Post
    Well if you look in the books of Acts where Saul had has conversion experience, two men were escorting him when the Lord spoke. The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. So if you use the Bible as it's own commentary then the same would apply, speechless, hearing the shout and didn't know where it came from. The world would realize something very important happen.

    Me personally, when I see Jesus, I will run to Him, embrace Him and cry for joy in His arms.
    If it's indeed an actual LOUD trumpet for the world to hear (I think so) I'm hoping that I'm in the middle of people who are still lost so when they see me get excited and look up they might be able to rethink their position at that point.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, Fla
    Posts
    7,756

    Default

    I also want it to happen in the midst of unbelievers to whom I have spoken to about the rapture, so they will know Gods word is true and it will cause them to believe and not take the mark.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Oh how I love the sound of the Shofar. Sure would love to hear those sounds coming from Heaven very soon! Thanks for posting the audio clip.
    Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6

    Please pray for the salvation of my son Shawn, my daughter Kari, my brother Macon, my Step-mother Marguerite, and my dad Max.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Applewood
    Posts
    5,276

    Default

    Praying the lost come to salvation today. The time is short.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    153

    Default

    If unbelievers hear something God will further use that as a witness, if they don't then it is more of a mystery. Exodus reference is interesting but everybody there was a Jew, correct, His chosen.
    In my life God usually shows up at the last minute, just in time. I have always pictured the rapture happening just as nukes are hitting around the world. That would instill such a panic and fear for self in those left behind that attention would be turned to worldly events - stay tuned because we will find out! Live blessed!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    52,396

    Default

    Unbelievers will be greatly freaked out with people disappearing before them.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Milky Way, Earth, North America, USA
    Posts
    945

    Default

    Since so many have enjoyed the sound of the shofar, I thought I would share a real experience from about 7 years ago. Keep in mind I am getting a bit hard of hearing, and sometimes my ears seem to do funny things, but not to the point of having hearing aids at the time (but I now have one.)

    I was taking my two daughters to breakfast with the oldest's now husband. We were headed to the city from our rural area on a 2 lane road. All of a sudden I "heard it" back behind the vehicle, the rumble that became, at least to me, the grand shofar calling. The sound enveloped the car and "rolled" around and out in front of the car. I said "how can this be?" Then the sound enveloped us and got louder, it seemed to rotate around the car! I got excited thinking "could this be IT?" I actually pulled the car off the road, put it in park, and said to my 3 passengers "Can you hear it?"

    I then looked up to the cloud cover and in my heart was waiting for the clouds to part, the light to shine through, and us to start arising... I was totally at peace, and so gloriously expectant! The rolling trumpet sound got louder and louder....

    Then ... the sound faded... For a year I looked for the source of that sound. I finally found an air raid (tornado) siren about 1/2 mile away. I have never heard that siren exercised before or after... so to a degree, this experience was a bit of a mystery. Of course, it could have been a test of the tornado siren, bouncing off of heavy and low cloud cover, heard by a guy developing hearing anomaly.

    Could this be a model of "the shout?" I don't know. I do know, that at the time, I really DID think "THIS IS IT!" ... and my heart leapt with joy!
    "Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God..."

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    St Louis metro
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoose View Post
    Since so many have enjoyed the sound of the shofar, I thought I would share a real experience from about 7 years ago. Keep in mind I am getting a bit hard of hearing, and sometimes my ears seem to do funny things, but not to the point of having hearing aids at the time (but I now have one.)

    I was taking my two daughters to breakfast with the oldest's now husband. We were headed to the city from our rural area on a 2 lane road. All of a sudden I "heard it" back behind the vehicle, the rumble that became, at least to me, the grand shofar calling. The sound enveloped the car and "rolled" around and out in front of the car. I said "how can this be?" Then the sound enveloped us and got louder, it seemed to rotate around the car! I got excited thinking "could this be IT?" I actually pulled the car off the road, put it in park, and said to my 3 passengers "Can you hear it?"

    I then looked up to the cloud cover and in my heart was waiting for the clouds to part, the light to shine through, and us to start arising... I was totally at peace, and so gloriously expectant! The rolling trumpet sound got louder and louder....

    Then ... the sound faded... For a year I looked for the source of that sound. I finally found an air raid (tornado) siren about 1/2 mile away. I have never heard that siren exercised before or after... so to a degree, this experience was a bit of a mystery. Of course, it could have been a test of the tornado siren, bouncing off of heavy and low cloud cover, heard by a guy developing hearing anomaly.

    Could this be a model of "the shout?" I don't know. I do know, that at the time, I really DID think "THIS IS IT!" ... and my heart leapt with joy!
    Love this story! It must have been disappointing on one hand, yet wonderful to get a taste of the joy we will feel!
    Toots

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoose View Post
    Since so many have enjoyed the sound of the shofar, I thought I would share a real experience from about 7 years ago. Keep in mind I am getting a bit hard of hearing, and sometimes my ears seem to do funny things, but not to the point of having hearing aids at the time (but I now have one.)

    I was taking my two daughters to breakfast with the oldest's now husband. We were headed to the city from our rural area on a 2 lane road. All of a sudden I "heard it" back behind the vehicle, the rumble that became, at least to me, the grand shofar calling. The sound enveloped the car and "rolled" around and out in front of the car. I said "how can this be?" Then the sound enveloped us and got louder, it seemed to rotate around the car! I got excited thinking "could this be IT?" I actually pulled the car off the road, put it in park, and said to my 3 passengers "Can you hear it?"

    I then looked up to the cloud cover and in my heart was waiting for the clouds to part, the light to shine through, and us to start arising... I was totally at peace, and so gloriously expectant! The rolling trumpet sound got louder and louder....

    Then ... the sound faded... For a year I looked for the source of that sound. I finally found an air raid (tornado) siren about 1/2 mile away. I have never heard that siren exercised before or after... so to a degree, this experience was a bit of a mystery. Of course, it could have been a test of the tornado siren, bouncing off of heavy and low cloud cover, heard by a guy developing hearing anomaly.

    Could this be a model of "the shout?" I don't know. I do know, that at the time, I really DID think "THIS IS IT!" ... and my heart leapt with joy!
    Lol... we have a train track about half a mile away. I was sitting out on the deck on a warm night, praying, praising and worshipping. I had closed my eyes and was imagining what it might be like when the Rapture happens. Then that old train whistle split the night and I came about three feet off the deck, but it wasn't time yet.


  13. #33
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    214

    Default

    trump - trumpet. lol. a sign !? i just want to go home. this world is so ugly now

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Hey Guys (and Gals) don't be running off to Home, yet, we still got work to do! I always tell people that when I have finished with what God has assigned, I will be gone. That goes for were I work (I keep telling them I won't be there much longer) as well as for here on Earth. Until then, they have to put up with me

    That said, the topic here is what will the "lost" hear?
    Hmmmm, one other possibility comes to mind, as a picture of the Rapture:
    Has anyone considered Joshua 6?

    15 But it came to pass on the seventh day that they rose early, about the dawning of the day, and marched around the city seven times in the same manner. On that day only they marched around the city seven times. 16 And the seventh time it happened, when the priests blew the trumpets, that Joshua said to the people: “Shout, for the Lord has given you the city! 17 Now the city shall be doomed by the Lord to destruction,
    The moment the trumpets blew and there was a shout, the city was doomed.
    (the world is doomed, and all that is in it, will be destroyed)

    But the people of God were to take nothing from the city.
    (we take nothing when we leave)

    And yet a tiny remnant was preserved.
    (Rahab and her family, from Jericho, and the 144000 sealed ones, in the Tribulation)

    Those who were doomed very likely heard the trumpet, and the shout, but it would have been unintelligible to them (as anyone who has heard an army shout can testify). There were increasing signs leading up to that time, but when the trumpet sounded, it was too late for them.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    52,396

    Default

    We will always have things to do this side for the Lord. But I would not be unhappy to hear the trumpet sound.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cricket55 View Post
    We will always have things to do this side for the Lord. But I would not be unhappy to hear the trumpet sound.
    Well, now, that I can agree with!

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    34

    Default I heard a noise

    I heard a noise while living in San Antonio last year, it sounded like the break of a big rig, but amplified 1000x, came from above. after searching the internet I came across several videos of the same noise, I believe it is an atmospheric phenomena and that it has to do with ozone layer. maybe being malformed from some cosmic event. anyways....
    If Christianity was a crime...... will there be enough evidence to convict you.....?
    Don't leave a reasonable doubt

  18. #38

    Default

    Numbers 10:7 And when the congregation is to be gathered together, ye shall blow, but ye shall not blow an alarm:

    I don't know what the trumpet of God, or the voice of an Archangel sounds like, but I expect we shall all know - perhaps soon!

    When the congregation of Israel was to be gathered, the priests were to blow two silver trumpets, to signal, but not to alarm. As a student of Biblical prophecy, I note how prophetic themes are sometimes foreshadowed in legal precepts. For instance the layout of Heaven in the Revelation has obvious association with the ancient Tabernacle. Thus a study of the Revelation is helped if one has a grasp of typology as seen in the Tabernacle.

    So might not that trumpet we so long to hear in-gathering the congregation and signaling our home call, not be such as those silver trumpets in Numbers 10:7?

    Just a thought,

    Marvin

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    561

    Default

    I think we will know it when we hear it.
    2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God, and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    The beautiful state of Idaho
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G Moorish View Post
    Numbers 10:7 And when the congregation is to be gathered together, ye shall blow, but ye shall not blow an alarm:

    I don't know what the trumpet of God, or the voice of an Archangel sounds like, but I expect we shall all know - perhaps soon!

    When the congregation of Israel was to be gathered, the priests were to blow two silver trumpets, to signal, but not to alarm. As a student of Biblical prophecy, I note how prophetic themes are sometimes foreshadowed in legal precepts. For instance the layout of Heaven in the Revelation has obvious association with the ancient Tabernacle. Thus a study of the Revelation is helped if one has a grasp of typology as seen in the Tabernacle.

    So might not that trumpet we so long to hear in-gathering the congregation and signaling our home call, not be such as those silver trumpets in Numbers 10:7?

    Just a thought,

    Marvin
    The typology and parallels throughout Scripture truly amaze me!
    One of my favorite scriptures is Luke 24:27 "Then beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He interpreted for them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures."

    I've been studying the Exodus and the similarities it has with the bowl judgments of Revelation 16, and also the Revelation 15 song and the Exodus 15 song.

    I get blown away when I grasp certain things in Scripture...typology is one of those things.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •