Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rapture trumpet sound

Quote Originally Posted by Koalie View Post
    The typology and parallels throughout Scripture truly amaze me!
    One of my favorite scriptures is Luke 24:27 "Then beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He interpreted for them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures."

I've been studying the Exodus and the similarities it has with the bowl judgments of Revelation 16, and also the Revelation 15 song and the Exodus 15 song.

I get blown away when I grasp certain things in Scripture...typology is one of those things.
    I always feel like when God does something once He will usually repeat the process.

So when He judged the world once (with a flood) you probably should listen when He says he'll do it again (Tribulation)

Quote Originally Posted by G Moorish View Post
    Numbers 10:7 And when the congregation is to be gathered together, ye shall blow, but ye shall not blow an alarm:

I don't know what the trumpet of God, or the voice of an Archangel sounds like, but I expect we shall all know - perhaps soon!

When the congregation of Israel was to be gathered, the priests were to blow two silver trumpets, to signal, but not to alarm. As a student of Biblical prophecy, I note how prophetic themes are sometimes foreshadowed in legal precepts. For instance the layout of Heaven in the Revelation has obvious association with the ancient Tabernacle. Thus a study of the Revelation is helped if one has a grasp of typology as seen in the Tabernacle.

So might not that trumpet we so long to hear in-gathering the congregation and signaling our home call, not be such as those silver trumpets in Numbers 10:7?

Just a thought,

Marvin
    This is my understanding of it. The silver trumpet (trumpets), rather than the shofar, seems more in keeping with the way Paul uses the word "trumpet" elsewhere (outside of the places referring specifically to our rapture). JMHO.

That, along with the fact that the reference in Matt 24:36 is not set in the context of our rapture, but is instead referring to the circumstances surrounding His Second Coming for the start of the MK (meaning, it pertains to Israel). People often make the correlation ("no man knows the day or hour" [noting this is a specific date]) but, I believe, mistake the application (mistaking this text to be about our rapture, when it's a Second Coming reference instead).

Quote Originally Posted by acceptedintheBeloved View Post
    This is my understanding of it. The silver trumpet (trumpets), rather than the shofar, seems more in keeping with the way Paul uses the word "trumpet" elsewhere (outside of the places referring specifically to our rapture). JMHO.

That, along with the fact that the reference in Matt 24:36 is not set in the context of our rapture, but is instead referring to the circumstances surrounding His Second Coming for the start of the MK (meaning, it pertains to Israel). People often make the correlation ("no man knows the day or hour" [noting this is a specific date]) but, I believe, mistake the application (mistaking this text to be about our rapture, when it's a Second Coming reference instead).
    Don't overlook, though, that the Day of The Lord begins in darkness (Re: Joel 2 - For the day of the Lord is coming, For it is at hand: A day of darkness and gloominess,), and that each Day with the Lord begins with Evening (Re: Genesis 1 - The Evening and the Morning were the First Day)

Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
    Don't overlook, though, that the Day of The Lord begins in darkness (Re: Joel 2 - For the day of the Lord is coming, For it is at hand: A day of darkness and gloominess,), and that each Day with the Lord begins with Evening (Re: Genesis 1 - The Evening and the Morning were the First Day)
    I agree about that, but I'm not seeing what that has to do with anything I put. Can you maybe clarify a bit? Thanks, brother!

Are you saying that because Joel 2 mentions a "shofar" that this means the day of the Lord will be heralded with it? I don't see the text that way. It seems to me that Joel 2 is just saying that the shofar will be in it (IN the day of the Lord / trib... but not BEFORE it / heralding it). I'd like to hear your thoughts... or at least clarify what you were saying, so I can grasp your meaning. Thanks again!

I homed in on the reference to the Millennial Kingdom here, maybe more than I should have. I thought you might be pushing more separation of the Tribulation from the MK than is warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
    I agree about that, but I'm not seeing what that has to do with anything I put. Can you maybe clarify a bit? Thanks, brother!

Are you saying that because Joel 2 mentions a "shofar" that this means the day of the Lord will be heralded with it? I don't see the text that way. It seems to me that Joel 2 is just saying that the shofar will be in it (IN the day of the Lord / trib... but not BEFORE it / heralding it). I'd like to hear your thoughts... or at least clarify what you were saying, so I can grasp your meaning. Thanks again!
    I was just pointing out that the Great Tribulation is actually part of the final age, as the Day of the Lord begins at night, with the darkness and gloom. Most people think it begins with the Second Coming, when Day breaks over the Earth. I have had some Mid-Tribbers and Pre-Wrath types try to show that the first three and a half years are under the control of man, and the second three and a half years are under control of Satan. They miss, entirely, that the Lord is in control.

Ok, thanks TRex2. I do believe that "the day of the Lord" starts with the beginning of the 7-yr tribulation period ('darkness'), rather than starting at [and consisting only of] His 2nd Coming to the earth (though that, plus the MK, are also included in this phrase... depending on the context). It comes "as a thief in the night" to unfold on the earth over the course of a long period of time.

Ok, thanks TRex2. I do believe that "the day of the Lord" starts with the beginning of the 7-yr tribulation period ('darkness'), rather than starting at [and consisting only of] His 2nd Coming to the earth (though that, plus the MK, are also included in this phrase... depending on the context). It comes "as a thief in the night" to unfold on the earth over the course of a long period of time.
    Sounds like we are in agreement, but I just misunderstood where you were going with that previous post.