Thread: Fidel Castro dies

So is his brother leader of Cuba now???

Quote Originally Posted by cricket55 View Post
    So is his brother leader of Cuba now???

His brother took over as president several years ago.

^^ I still can't decide how much different things are however.

Quote Originally Posted by ALS6347 View Post
    His brother took over as president several years ago.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/26/wo...dies.html?_r=0

Enclosed article says Raul Castro took over yes but that he has announced that he plans to resign in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    ^^ I still can't decide how much different things are however.

I think that the Communist Party still has complete control over Cuba. When Raul steps down or dies probably nothing will change.

Unfortunatly do not see Cuba changing from communist very soon. Too bad the people would do so much better.

I have been appalled (but not surprised) by the number of people defending or even lionizing Fidel Castro. PM Trudeau of Canada gave such a positive statement that he was mocked on Twitter with hashtag #trudeaueulogies.

Poor Barack Obama got it wrong yet again. He said "history" will be Castro's final judge. Um, no, God will be Castro's final judge. And how anyone can say anything positive about this brutal murderer is beyond me. Obama didn't bother showing up for PM Thatcher's funeral, but I have a sneaking suspicion he may show up for Castro's. He's bowed down to honor every other dictator on the planet, why not this one. I don't see anything changing in Cuba until the people finally rise up and kick the Communist's out. However, from news reports, it seems many Cubans evidently don't mind living in squalor - 1950s squalor - and actually think highly of Castro because of what he did for education and medicine. Somehow I don't think of Cuba when I think of the world's best education system and medical care.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeWarpWife View Post
    Poor Barack Obama got it wrong yet again. He said "history" will be Castro's final judge. Um, no, God will be Castro's final judge.

I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8

The mindset of the liberals re: Castro is just

Obama, Trudeau, Colin Kaepernick, BLM...I just can't. He was a murderous, torturous, evil dictator. Why can't they say the words "evil dictator"? If you can't call Fidel Castro an evil dictator, then who can you call an evil dictator?!? Oh right, Trump is the evil dictator. Sorry, my bad. Grrrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by TimeWarpWife View Post
    Poor Barack Obama got it wrong yet again. He said "history" will be Castro's final judge. Um, no, God will be Castro's final judge. And how anyone can say anything positive about this brutal murderer is beyond me. Obama didn't bother showing up for PM Thatcher's funeral, but I have a sneaking suspicion he may show up for Castro's. He's bowed down to honor every other dictator on the planet, why not this one. I don't see anything changing in Cuba until the people finally rise up and kick the Communist's out. However, from news reports, it seems many Cubans evidently don't mind living in squalor - 1950s squalor - and actually think highly of Castro because of what he did for education and medicine. Somehow I don't think of Cuba when I think of the world's best education system and medical care.

Interestingly, I heard on the radio today that Putin of Russia will not be going to the funeral of Fidel Castro.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/miguel-dia...182042563.html

This article says that the Vice President under Raul Castro, Miguel Diaz-Canel, will take power. But he will be just a placeholder for Raul Castro's son, Alejandro---until he seizes power. Sigh. Me thinks not much will change....all in the family...

Jeep carrying Castro's remains broke down and had to be pushed during the funeral procession. It is only fitting.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/12/0...cuba-communism
    And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
    Romans 11:6

Quote Originally Posted by crunchymama View Post
    The mindset of the liberals re: Castro is just

Obama, Trudeau, Colin Kaepernick, BLM...I just can't. He was a murderous, torturous, evil dictator. Why can't they say the words "evil dictator"? If you can't call Fidel Castro an evil dictator, then who can you call an evil dictator?!? Oh right, Trump is the evil dictator. Sorry, my bad. Grrrrrrrrrr
    And then we get attacked by "Christians" amongst these groups for speaking truth and not showing "love".