Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: U.N. passes Israeli settlement resolution.

Read that Israel is continuing with the building of the settlements. Russian is waiting on what they will do with the sanctions OB wants to put in effect. Bet Trump will dump them by OB. OB is not making it easy for the incoming Pres.

Quote Originally Posted by Maisie View Post
    I can't help worrying about the UK too. Our government voted in favour of the UN resolution. What if something terrible happens here as a punishment.
    "British Leader Theresa May breaks with John Kerry's Condemnation of Israel"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.ee998af42c54

The Lord may be buying us some time if the UK vetoes any upcoming resolution against Israel. I know know that's a big if, but God is in control!

I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    I find myself getting extremely angry with Kerry, et al. I want to just shake some of these folks and tell them to read the bible. It is right in front of their face but still they refuse to believe.

I am also wondering if the U.S. will not suffer tremendously due to this UN vote and Obama sneaking around and won't even own up to his part of the bill being brought to the UN to start with. I am looking for some big calamity to fall on us very soon. We were apparently Israel's last friend in the world and now that the U.S. has officially turned against them, well, for those of us here in the states, I think we have big problems coming.
    Well, Trump could work to reverse the decision and thus spare the U.S. any consequences.
    Obama could well bear the brunt of any "consequences"... which would effect his "legacy".
    I'd be looking at New Zealand for "consequences", as they were a sponsor. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Ambassador View Post
    Well, Trump could work to reverse the decision and thus spare the U.S. any consequences.
    I keep seeing this and it's very troubling. Trump is not the fast track to hell but let's not act that everything Trump says and does makes him the one to save us from judgement. Trump still raises many red flags for me. He originally had stated in January gay marriage should have been left to the states. Which is fine and dandy but after election he already back tracked that one and claimed it to be "law of the land". Yet he will still appoint "pro-life" judges to overturn roe v wade??

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.g...?client=safari

We may not be fruit inspectors but we shouldn't let any man deceive us either. We shouldn't judge someone's salvation but let's not act like God's Will is done with supporting gay marriage. We should be firm in Gods Word and stand with Him. With EVERYTHING going on Jesus' return seems highly highly imminent and that's where our strength and trust should always be.

Trump as a leader was placed by God. So was Obama. We don't know why but I'm still praying.

Romans 1:18-32—18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. 24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. 26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalie View Post
    I'm going to bookmark that link to earthquakes. I'm assuming the number on the far right is the depth in kilometers, so the one in Paris Idaho says -1.6. What does that mean? I've never been to that area of Idaho (I'm in North Central) but it's awfully close to Yellowstone.
    It would mean that the epicenter was 5000 feet above sea level.
    Not impossible, I suppose, but it does seem a bit off.
    Looking at quite a few of the recent quakes, a lot
    of them are shallower than I expected.
    (shallow quakes are generally not as serious)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post
    Only the US, UK, China, France and Russia have veto power.
    And yet, the UK didn't use it's veto power, but IIRC, they actually voted for the resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Momma D View Post
    "British Leader Theresa May breaks with John Kerry's Condemnation of Israel"
    If she (or the Queen) doesn't recall her ambassador and renounce the vote, this isn't really a solid rebuke of Kerry's postion, but merely fodder for public consumption.

Default France to Convene Middle East Peace Talks

January 15 is the date that has been fixed and 70 countries are invited. We are not going to give up now
    ."

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN14B1LN

And then I read that there will be NO US naval carrier in the middle east...
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/30...ddle-east.html

Well, I'd say this is a high alert time for those of us who study Bible Prophecy.
    Let us continually remember Isreal in our prayers!

."

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN14B1LN

And then I read that there will be NO US naval carrier in the middle east...
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/30...ddle-east.html

Well, I'd say this is a high alert time for those of us who study Bible Prophecy.
    Let us continually remember Isreal in our prayers!
    I want to go home.

Hello everyone Has anyone heard or read (Facebook) about the UN providing funding for a watchlist of anyone who dare do business with Israel...? On December 31st, Jay Sekulow posted a video on his Facebook page (Breaking News: Third Attack on Israel by the Obama Administration at the UN) addressing the issue, worth watching...my first thought...

'And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.'

Quote Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
    Hello everyone Has anyone heard or read (Facebook) about the UN providing funding for a watchlist of anyone who dare do business with Israel...? On December 31st, Jay Sekulow posted a video on his Facebook page (Breaking News: Third Attack on Israel by the Obama Administration at the UN) addressing the issue, worth watching...my first thought...

'And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.'
    Hi, I don't have Facebook and I can't seem to find it on YouTube. Could you share it if possible?

Hi, I don't have Facebook and I can't seem to find it on YouTube. Could you share it if possible?
    Hi Koalie, not sure I can post a Facebook link here...? The video is only on his Facebook page from what I can see.

Anyone can access the video by...

1. Typing "Jay Sekulow Facebook" into their search engine, click link (his page)...
    2. Click "Not Now" when prompted to sign in/log on...
    3. On the left side of his Facebook page, click videos...may have to click "Not Now" again...
    4. 2nd row, 1st video titled "Breaking News: Third Attack on Israel by the Obama Administration at the UN"
    5. Click on video and it should open right up and start playing.

No access to or idea about Facebook but here it is on Breitbart:
    http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2...i-settlements/
    Fox News reports: Critics who thought the U.S. opened the UN’s anti-Israel floodgates by abstaining on a vote condemning settlements last week say an obscure subsequent move by the world body to establish a “blacklist” of Israeli companies proved them right.

Lost amid the angry words that followed the Dec. 23 UN Security Council vote that critics called an American betrayal of Israel was a Christmas Eve appropriation of $138,700 to fund a database of companies doing business in the West Bank. The measure puts UN prestige behind the anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign, say critics.
    Also found here:
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01...companies.html
    “The types of data they are talking about acquiring would be to form the basis for future sanctions against companies that did business on the West Bank,” Fox News contributor and former U.S. Ambassador to the UN John Bolton told FoxNews.com. “That’s the only purpose of it that I can see.”

The request for funding, first adopted last April, would “investigate the implications of the Israeli settlements on the civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of the Palestinian people throughout the Occupied Palestinian Territory,” which extends to East Jerusalem, and would “produce a database of all business enterprises” working in territories disputed between Israel and the Palestinians.

Bolton said the database is an “effort to lay the groundwork” for the UN Security Council to follow up on its anti-settlement declaration by imposing costly economic sanctions.

Although the Obama administration was widely criticized for not using its Security Council veto power to stop the anti-settlement resolution, it did oppose the General Assembly’s move to create the database.

“In close consultation and cooperation with Israel, we joined the Israelis recently in opposing funding for work related to the database, but this effort, unfortunately, was not successful,” U.S. Ambassador to the UN Samantha Power told FoxNews.com in an emailed statement. “We will continue to strongly oppose, in close coordination with Israel, any additional measures related to this one-sided effort if they arise moving forward.”
    Oh? we opposed it? Really?
    But we still fund them, and therefore fund the creation of the database.
    Disingenuous.

This is huge and yet, on the MSM we hear more about what the Kardashians ate for dinner last night.

I pray that when Trump takes office he makes the move to stop funding the UN. But it wouldn't surprise me if Obama puts some order in place that keeps Trump from doing just that.

Keep Isreal in your prayers.

Last night we watched "Fiddler on the Roof". Towards the end the Jewish people were told to leave their small Russian village, and one of the people asked the rabbi, "Isn't NOW a good time for our Messiah to come?"
    My kids shouted, "Jesus! Your Messiah is Jesus...He already came!"
    To which I said, "and He's coming again."

JD Farag has said, "The purpose of the tribulation is for the salvation of the Jewish nation."

This is huge and yet, on the MSM we hear more about what the Kardashians ate for dinner last night.

I pray that when Trump takes office he makes the move to stop funding the UN. But it wouldn't surprise me if Obama puts some order in place that keeps Trump from doing just that.

Keep Isreal in your prayers.

Last night we watched "Fiddler on the Roof". Towards the end the Jewish people were told to leave their small Russian village, and one of the people asked the rabbi, "Isn't NOW a good time for our Messiah to come?"
    My kids shouted, "Jesus! Your Messiah is Jesus...He already came!"
    To which I said, "and He's coming again."

JD Farag has said, "The purpose of the tribulation is for the salvation of the Jewish nation."
    Never seen Fiddler on a Roof.

Always been a Joseph and the amazing technicolor dream coat kinda guy.

As for the Kardashians, anything to keep people dumb. And make them dumber. Football is easily my favorite sport but don't understand the worlds obsessions with what players do every waking moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post

As for the Kardashians, anything to keep people dumb. And make them dumber. Football is easily my favorite sport but don't understand the worlds obsessions with what players do every waking moment.
    I don't want to hijack the thread (sorry...I'm prone to it, I know) but you should watch Fiddler on the Roof with your family. I'm not a fan of most musicals but this one is special. Maybe because I'd watch it every time I went to my grandparents as a child.

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post

I also highly recommend Fiddler on the Roof. I have seen it a couple of times during my life. It is a very moving movie.

Those who blacklist Israel I'm thinking will not be prosperous. History gives testimony to this.