Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Your Calendar for January 15th, 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by DerRickster View Post
    That 70 nation thing...here is another article.

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/8...p8v1J3LhJ7T.97
    That's a very interesting article. I wonder if that group of nations can pull off their plan before Mr Trump is inaugurated.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

It would not surprise me at all to see them unilaterally declare a palestinian state . Would a 7 year peace treaty follow? It will be interesting to see what comes from this meeting.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...?client=safari

A Palestinian who may be linked to ISIS rammed his speeding truck into a group of Israeli soldiers in Jerusalem Sunday, killing four people and wounding 15 others before being shot dead in one of the deadliest attacks in a year-long campaign of violence, Israeli police said.

Quote Originally Posted by my2babysmama View Post
    But the original UN resolution has no lawful force, either, does it?
    The UN does not operate in the same fashion as the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...cil_resolution
    Article 25 of the Charter says that "The Members of the United Nations agree to accept and carry out the decisions of the Security Council in accordance with the present Charter".
    In my understanding: yes, the UN resolution has some legal force, although it is basically used in support of things like giving the 70 nation gathering legitimate power or authority to force Israel to comply with partitioning. Should there be hostilities, and should someone be brought before an "International Court" of some sort, the court is obligated to consider the UN Resolution to be "international law," and it basically makes any resistance to the partitioning of Israel illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    I wonder if that group of nations can pull off their plan before Mr Trump is inaugurated.
    I am assuming that's why they are meeting 'before' January 20th, but I don't know if that is truly the reason. Maybe the conference room was booked up and that was the only date it was available.

-Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    That's a very interesting article. I wonder if that group of nations can pull off their plan before Mr Trump is inaugurated.
    I have a feeling this administration is wasting no time in their back office negotiations. Most likely by the time the Paris summit commences, the outcome has already been determined. I would suspect the very short meeting in Paris would be nothing more than a media event.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I am assuming that's why they are meeting 'before' January 20th, but I don't know if that is truly the reason. Maybe the conference room was booked up and that was the only date it was available.
    LOL - Great, now you gave the White House Press Secretary his talking points for the day.

I looked up the UN requirements for recognizing a new member nation (see link below), and my guess is it can easily be done before Trump is sworn into office. They've got the numbers, and the only impedance would be a veto from a security counsel member. If this vote doesn't happen now, it's not going to under the Trump Administration. Do you remember what Obama's former White House advisor Rahm Emmanuel said? "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

http://www.un.org/en/sections/member...hip/index.html

John Haller mentioned something in his update yesterday that I found interesting.
    The scripture reading on chabad.org for January 15th is Exodus 1 and Psalm 83-87.

http://m.chabad.org/dailystudy/defau...date=1/15/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Koalie View Post
    John Haller mentioned something in his update yesterday that I found interesting.
    The scripture reading on chabad.org for January 15th is Exodus 1 and Psalm 83-87.

http://m.chabad.org/dailystudy/defau...date=1/15/2017
    This just about says all that is needed, about the US today:
    A new king arose over Egypt, who did not know about Joseph.

is there a list of the 70 countries?

is there a list of the 70 countries?
    I can't find one, and while several sources have said that "70 some countries" have been invited, I don't think they have published a list, as some of the invited countries may turn it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4me2fly View Post
    It would not surprise me at all to see them unilaterally declare a palestinian state . Would a 7 year peace treaty follow? It will be interesting to see what comes from this meeting.
    The agenda for the upcoming week has been posted on the UN's website, and it looks as of the UN Security Council may have plans to covertly pass a two-state resolution in the midst of the Paris peace conference and also while we're being distracted by the Trump hearings and inauguration festivities.

On 17 January, the Council would hold an open debate on the Middle East, he said, noting that France was organizing a conference on the issue on 15 January. He hoped that the meeting, along with the Councilís recent adoption of resolution 2334 (2016) would trigger action towards a two-State solution.

https://www.un.org/press/en/2017/170103_SC.doc.htm

For all we know, the Antichrist may be waiting quietly in the wings getting ready to emerge. This could be a pivotal week for prophecy. I guess we'll know soon enough.

I would avoid purchasing any extended warranties at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by jcfedei View Post

I would avoid purchasing any extended warranties at this time.
    I love that! Totally agree!
    This meeting is Bible prophecy unfolding. These wicked men will devise their schemes, but the Lord of Hosts will have His way! Everything He says will happen... will happen.
    Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by Accepted View Post
    I love that! Totally agree!
    This meeting is Bible prophecy unfolding. These wicked men will devise their schemes, but the Lord of Hosts will have His way! Everything He says will happen... will happen.
    Come quickly, Lord Jesus!
    Think we're all on pins and needles!!
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Last evening we were making an electronic purchase at Walmart. When asked if we would like to get an extended warranty for $7, we said, 'No.' I'm so glad we most likely won't be here long enough anyway to get our money's worth out of the warranty that we didn't purchase.

-Lynn

This is going to be an action packed week with the UN messing with Israel, and Trump's inauguration. Hope this is the year we go home!
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Quote Originally Posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
    This is going to be an action packed week with the UN messing with Israel, and Trump's inauguration. Hope this is the year we go home!
    I agree! We know that Joel prophesies the dividing of the land that God gave to Israel, but it is still very hard to know that it's happening 'today'. In fact, in my Bible,
    I wrote today's date beside the prophetic verses that refer to this. We are praying today for Israel, as I know that many Christians are. My dh said that he thinks we may
    be looking straight at the God-magog war, meaning that it's most likely coming soon.

One of the topics to be decided today is whether or not US will be able to move the US embassy to Jerusalem away from Tel Aviv. Also, 'both' sides have to agree if
    Israel's borders go back to pre-1967. I know how this is going to go. 'Both' sides may not agree, but most likely the borders will go back anyway, as that is what the
    Palestinians want. The Palestinians, btw, now have an embassy in Vatican City.
    I'll be so glad when we can go Home.

-Lynn

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...d-palestinians

In the article linked above, there is a small paragraph 'buried' near the bottom that says, "To complicate matters further, the Russians are holding separate meetings in Moscow this week
    with Palestinian groups."

-Lynn

Better go back and get those extended warranties

Paris conference ends with endorsement of two-state solution
    Diplomatic officials in Jerusalem say Israel dodged a bullet; no follow-up expected at UN.

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Co...o-peace-478514

Paris conference ends with endorsement of two-state solution
    Diplomatic officials in Jerusalem say Israel dodged a bullet; no follow-up expected at UN.

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Co...o-peace-478514
    How so?

I've viewed this as a catalyst to AC 7 year treaty. Palestine just opened an embassy in Vatican and Pale having meetings in Russia.

I still think imminence is high ATM
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Nope. The news from the Middle East has a tendency to go back and forth, almost daily. I keep my focus on what God's Word has prophesied.
    No extended warranties for me.

-Lynn