Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else attacked by their family lately?

Default Did God Divorce Israel?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Please correct me if this is wrong, but I cannot think of any examples in the Bible of divorce?
    Q. I was reading your post "Know one knows the day or the hour" Most of it was very good, but I have a question. When did God divorce Israel?

A. God compared His relationship with Judah to that of a man who has divorced his wife in Jeremiah 3:1. And in Jeremiah 3:8 He had this to say about Israel.
    I gave faithless Israel her certificate of divorce and sent her away because of all her adulteries.
    These things were written just before the Babylonian captivity which began in 605 BC.
    Later, God spoke of a new covenant he would make with Israel. He said it wouldn’t be like the old one that they broke when He was a husband to them. He said in this new covenant He would forgive their wickedness and remember their sins no more, and would never reject them (Jeremiah 31:31-37). This will only be possible after they recognize Jesus as their Messiah, and turn to Him to be forgiven. Zechariah 12:10 and Joel 3:20-21 describe this.

Source: https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bib...ivorce-israel/
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by Dove10 View Post
    I recently found out (actually just a few weeks before our 25th wedding anniversary) that my husband had an on going 8 month affair with a woman online. He is not saved so after 3 days of tears and heartbreak and a TON of prayer...I had confronted him with the fact that I found out and he had a choice to make. Either end the relationship right that moment or leave. I became saved after our 2nd child was born years ago, I became a believer...So to show him the mercy that the Lord had shown me when I got saved...I chose to forgive him and told him it was only because of God's grace to me that I could do this for him. He has since been "ok" but I do believe the evil one is out to seek and destroy as many families as he can. He knows his time is short. This doesn't shock me in the least...Keep your chin up and continue to lean on the Lord. He will fight our battles! I cannot do this alone. I know I still have trust issues with my husband now but it's only been a couple months since this all happened. Life won't be the same for me knowing he cheated but I feel I am living for the Lord and I must sacrificially love my husband as Christ loved me. My husband does know though, that if this ever happens again...I am done. He also belittles my faith, mocks me (and my parents for their faith as well) and has been a challenge to deal with when trying to raise my kids in a godly way. May we all have hedges of protection around our dear loved ones!! The battle rages and won't be getting any easier as we approach closer to the end...
    Praying for you, that the Lord gives you the strength & ability to continue to walk in that forgiveness. Regardless of your husbands behaviour, yours is correct so He will honour that. Let's hope & pray your husband will start to understand that the Lord will forgive him & save him. to you.
    For Thou art my hope, Oh Lord God Psalm 71:5
    Being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you, will perform it to the day of the Lord Philippians 1:6

MY TABLET CANNOT TYPE OR SPELL

Quote Originally Posted by so-blessed View Post
    Praying for you, that the Lord gives you the strength & ability to continue to walk in that forgiveness. Regardless of your husbands behaviour, yours is correct so He will honour that. Let's hope & pray your husband will start to understand that the Lord will forgive him & save him. to you.
    Thank you so much!!

Wow, I haven't checked in here for a few days , and how blessed I am to have all this excellent counsel and love from all
    of you! I cant say thankyou enough!

Update: After much prayer and heeding lots of your advice, simply applying what Jesus wants from us is what I have
    been trying to do. Die to SELF, tending to my husband more as God's servant, and he is noticing that. Love really is
    the only way to go. As for my daughter, she and I had a wonderful talk, she understands how I was feeling, and we are working things out as we go along.

The devil loves to deceive, but he is a liar and we have to completely trust and obey the Lord.

Lots of thanks and love, Sue
    " In the end, all we have is our relationship with Jesus Christ." Nearing Midnight

Behold, HE comes, riding on the clouds , shining like the sun, at the trumpet call.
    Lift your voice, it's the year of Jubilee, And out of Zion's hill, salvation comes !

Yes, drinking, blackouts, verbal abuse (his, not mine :P ).

Lord, give me wisdom and a strong back to carry my burdens.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

So glad to hear that, Sue, applying biblical principles nevers fails! The joy that comes from doing the right thing regardless of others is so worth it
    Being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you, will perform it to the day of the Lord Philippians 1:6

Waitin ~ I was reading your posts and praying - I think all have a similar journey w/family struggles, they just look different at each home. I realize that I need to just keep forgiving and whether I feel it or not keep forgiving - for MY healing... It can really mess w/us and our relationship w/God if we can't forgive - we must try, and maybe it will take years... But you will heal w/Jesus helping you and by your side. Just some thoughts and something I do often to stay close to Jesus. I don't want a WALL between us... And unforgiveness, bitterness, the like can/will do this. It's breaking and sealing off our heart. And that is the last thing a Christian wants to do. <3 Also, ask God about that divorce - it may be just anger, hurt, fed up, but make sure it's okay w/God for your leaving the marriage. He may be okay w/it for whatever those personal reasons are... BUT He may ask you to stay for His reasons. You wouldn't want to step out of His covering in your own flesh. Edited to add: Get in the Word, and let Him just speak to you there... I find the Psalms particularly comforting.

Many blessings and prayers for this new year... <3 May our God be glorified in ALL of our lives... May He heal what hurts, and help us move forward into where He is leading us. Unafraid, holding His hands.

Speaking of family attack, my motherinlaw really showed her behind at Christmas and we are still reeling from shock at her behavior. She lives in Idaho and we live in VA. She lost her daughter to cancer last March 29th. She has continually grown more and more bitter.

Hubby and I chose to fly her here for Christmas so she wouldn't be alone. Both my daughters, soninlaws and grandchildren were going to be here and we had hoped all the celebrating, kids, noise, chaos would help her not to be withdrawn and utterly depressed.

Well...she hates Donald Trump and has called my husband and chewed him out (almost on a daily basis) claiming he is Hitler. We had all agreed we would not bring up politics (Trump) so we could just have a wonderful holiday.

My oldest daughter always gives me books about politics/presidents, etc. and this Christmas she did not disappoint. I got 8 books and one was Crippled America by Donald Trump. As I opened the books and put them on the coffee table in front of me my motherinlaw went off. She grabbed the book and threw it across the living room onto the floor with all the discarded wrapping paper to be put in the trash. She said "that is where that belongs! Donald Trump is Hitler and I hope he gets assassinated!" Needless to say we all sat in disbelief didn't know what to say. My husband handed me back the book and it was the beginning of the end of the joyful Christmas we had planned. She brought up Trump a few more times and I finally said, "You believe entirely different than us and we will just have to agree to disagree, but we really do not want to discuss politics." Motherinlaw was here from 12/22 - 1/2 and it was quite the struggle to maintain the holiday spirit. My husband carried her to the airport and told her how disappointed he was in her actions and told her she owed me an apology (which I will never get).

Well she wanted to know if she could call him and me this Saturday to talk, so I hope things will be smoothed over and forgiven. I've already forgiven her because I love her and have not walked in her shoes. I just love her. Anyway I just wanted to share and wondered if anyone else had been attacked due to Trump's victory.
    John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Quote Originally Posted by fan4sure View Post
    Speaking of family attack, my motherinlaw really showed her behind at Christmas and we are still reeling from shock at her behavior. She lives in Idaho and we live in VA. She lost her daughter to cancer last March 29th. She has continually grown more and more bitter.

Hubby and I chose to fly her here for Christmas so she wouldn't be alone. Both my daughters, soninlaws and grandchildren were going to be here and we had hoped all the celebrating, kids, noise, chaos would help her not to be withdrawn and utterly depressed.

Well...she hates Donald Trump and has called my husband and chewed him out (almost on a daily basis) claiming he is Hitler. We had all agreed we would not bring up politics (Trump) so we could just have a wonderful holiday.

My oldest daughter always gives me books about politics/presidents, etc. and this Christmas she did not disappoint. I got 8 books and one was Crippled America by Donald Trump. As I opened the books and put them on the coffee table in front of me my motherinlaw went off. She grabbed the book and threw it across the living room onto the floor with all the discarded wrapping paper to be put in the trash. She said "that is where that belongs! Donald Trump is Hitler and I hope he gets assassinated!" Needless to say we all sat in disbelief didn't know what to say. My husband handed me back the book and it was the beginning of the end of the joyful Christmas we had planned. She brought up Trump a few more times and I finally said, "You believe entirely different than us and we will just have to agree to disagree, but we really do not want to discuss politics." Motherinlaw was here from 12/22 - 1/2 and it was quite the struggle to maintain the holiday spirit. My husband carried her to the airport and told her how disappointed he was in her actions and told her she owed me an apology (which I will never get).

Well she wanted to know if she could call him and me this Saturday to talk, so I hope things will be smoothed over and forgiven. I've already forgiven her because I love her and have not walked in her shoes. I just love her. Anyway I just wanted to share and wondered if anyone else had been attacked due to Trump's victory.
    I am so sorry this happened to you. My husband and I have experienced similar behaviour on several fronts regarding Trump. It is an irrational rage that rears itself---you cannot have a rational discussion with these folks about Trump. It is evil. All I can think of and hope is that Trump is going to do something great and the evil is trying to stop him.

I ride public transit, basically the "short bus".

A lot of the drivers have been pushing, hard, to get me to talk politics. They figure, as a white women with conservative values, I must be "with him". I knew the questions about my views were just so they could get on a soapbox about theirs and respout all the liberal garbage. I refused to talk politics, saying just that "I don't talk politics".

However, with all the votes he got I think some supposed "liberals" made the smart choice. They just didn't tell anyone.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by MochaMel View Post
    * Also, ask God about that divorce - it may be just anger, hurt, fed up, but make sure it's okay w/God for your leaving the marriage. He may be okay w/it for whatever those personal reasons are..
    Just a point to clarify that - the OP gave no biblical grounds for divorce. If she had, prayer, councelling, more councelling, more prayer & attempts at reconciliation would be the best option prior to just walking away as God isn't going to be ok with it if done for our own reasons. imho.
    Just wanted to clarify for any lurkers/readers who may be in a similar position. Even if there were biblical grounds, we must remember God still hates divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by so-blessed View Post
    Just a point to clarify that - the OP gave no biblical grounds for divorce. If she had, prayer, councelling, more councelling, more prayer & attempts at reconciliation would be the best option prior to just walking away as God isn't going to be ok with it if done for our own reasons. imho.
    Just wanted to clarify for any lurkers/readers who may be in a similar position. Even if there were biblical grounds, we must remember God still hates divorce.

Agreed!!
    IN CHRIST JESUS,
    Dave

Galatians 5:22–23
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
    23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    ... My husband and I have experienced similar behaviour on several fronts regarding Trump. It is an irrational rage that rears itself---you cannot have a rational discussion with these folks about Trump. It is evil. All I can think of and hope is that Trump is going to do something great and the evil is trying to stop him.
    Our sentiments and experience over the holidays with alt-left relatives too! We agreed to not bring up politics, but amazingly, it was them that had to bring it up. By the grace of God, I held the line and didn't throw gasoline on the fire... I pray we are not deceived, and I find that many Christians with fruit for evidence are expecting something very profound from Mr. Trump. It could well be satan on the prowl to silence him... We all know hillary was not acceptable, her fruit has been evident for years.

Personally, I would not be surprised to see Mr. Trump come fully under our Savior's and the Spirits Guidance. I give as an exapmple this article: "Is God Capturing the Heart of Donald Trump?" by James Dobson Published on January 3, 2017

"Not many thought what is happening with Mr. Trump would have been likely, perhaps even possible, and certainly not probable. As I look in from the outside, and also from the inside as a result of the journey I’ve had in interaction and prayer with Mr. Trump, I sense that he is being captured by the heart of our Father."

"I want to be honest with you. I think the leadership we have chosen in our nation wants that deep in their hearts. They may not say it the way we as Christians would want to hear it, but I believe it is the longing of their hearts. Yes, I believe it is the longing of President-elect Trump and Vice President-elect Pence. I believe Mr. Trump wants for you something so far beyond what he can give you that he knows it must come from above. The morning after the election, I talked to him by phone. “We’re going to keep surrounding you with prayer, love and all the help we can give you,” I said. He responded, “Surround me. Don’t let me ever forget! Surround me!”

... If Mr. Trump continues to journey towards the God of the Universe, the God of Abraham, Jacob and Isaac... we are in for the journey of our lives!!!
    "Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God..."

Hebrews 11:6 says in part that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. I hope that Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence are doing just that.
    As to the underlying motivation for all the vitriol being directed at Mr. Trump and even family members who voted for him, I have this to say: Satan is angry because of what Mr. Trump has publicly stated that he plans to do for Israel. Satan & his minions are 'always' against Israel and against those who love Israel. Our entire family and close friends all think alike on politics, which makes for peaceful gatherings.

-Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Hebrews 11:6 says in part that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. I hope that Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence are doing just that.
    As to the underlying motivation for all the vitriol being directed at Mr. Trump and even family members who voted for him, I have this to say: Satan is angry because of what Mr. Trump has publicly stated that he plans to do for Israel. Satan & his minions are 'always' against Israel and against those who love Israel. Our entire family and close friends all think alike on politics, which makes for peaceful gatherings.
    I was thinking the same thing! I also think satan would prefer the democrats because they support gay marriage, abortion, and bringing in millions of muslim refugees to the USA.

Wow! Sorry you had to experience this. I am curious, is your mother in law saved?

Quote Originally Posted by fl2007rn View Post
    Wow! Sorry you had to experience this. I am curious, is your mother in law saved?
    Motherinlaw told my husband that she and her brother were both saved at age 5. Now we aren't sure the condition of her heart, her 2nd husband passed away from brain cancer and he was a devout atheist.

She called us today to apologize for the Christmas day incident and she was crying and said she's searched and searched her heart and she just does not know why she behaved that way. Well of course we told her we forgave her and to not think another thing about it. I told her maybe someday we would look back and laugh at the time Grandma had a spell. We just kept telling her we loved her and all was forgiven.

We are praying that she will experience healing and not be so mad at God for her husband and daughter dying. She kept saying that God didn't answer her prayers when we had mentioned so many prayers answered lately. We are praying that God will soften her heart toward Him and she will find peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

I told her that I did not judge her and I haven't walked in her shoes. I couldn't begin to tell her how to grieve.

If you guys think about it please pray for Janelle to find peace in the Lord. Thanks
    John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Motherinlaw told my husband that she and her brother were both saved at age 5. Now we aren't sure the condition of her heart, her 2nd husband passed away from brain cancer and he was a devout atheist.

She called us today to apologize for the Christmas day incident and she was crying and said she's searched and searched her heart and she just does not know why she behaved that way. Well of course we told her we forgave her and to not think another thing about it. I told her maybe someday we would look back and laugh at the time Grandma had a spell. We just kept telling her we loved her and all was forgiven.

We are praying that she will experience healing and not be so mad at God for her husband and daughter dying. She kept saying that God didn't answer her prayers when we had mentioned so many prayers answered lately. We are praying that God will soften her heart toward Him and she will find peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

I told her that I did not judge her and I haven't walked in her shoes. I couldn't begin to tell her how to grieve.

If you guys think about it please pray for Janelle to find peace in the Lord. Thanks
    Bless your heart for forgiving her and how you and your husband handled the situation. I will certainly pray for Janelle.

My 81 year old MIL has done some strange things also in the past couple of years. We think it is the start of Dementia or Alzheimer's and her doctor has put her on the medication Namenda.

Quote Originally Posted by fl2007rn View Post
    ...My 81 year old MIL has done some strange things also in the past couple of years. We think it is the start of Dementia or Alzheimer's ...
    This is something we all must keep in mind with aging parents. I went through this with my Mother, her sister (my Aunt as guardian), my sisters husband, my wife's Father, and now my wife's Mother.

For us who are untrained in elder care, we make the mistake of thinking that their minds are still clear, controlled, and functioning. What happens is that typically none of that is true, and one of the most common displays of lack of mental functioning is the elderly getting mean, nasty and sometimes violent with caregivers. If you are in this situation, don't take your loved one's response personally, get some training in elder care, and be sure to get some breaks from caring for them. Often the care giver does not think they can ask other's for help. They then get in a tail spin and sometimes "break" and do some sad things to the elder in their care. If your in this situation ask for help before it gets critical.
    "Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God..."

My husband can have some real temper issues due to his head injury, so I get it.

He also had head injury dementia for a while after his accident. When he got upset, only his cat could calm him down. She was a little angel. She would get on him, meowing, and he would stop yelling and start petting her.

Sometimes I wish she were still alive.

I get my Bibles here