Thread: Shooting at Ft. Lauderdale Airport

Default Shooting at Ft. Lauderdale Airport

That's saddening.

This kind of thing hits close to home. One of my granddaughters recently became a TSA agent.

Take one and pass it on!

Praying for those injured, for those who lost loved ones, for the emergency responders, and even for the shooter(s). Touch their hearts, Father God.

Why... just why?

... for grief relief and hope for those who lost loved ones, and the speedy recovery for the injured...
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-making-ISIS)

Things that stand out after reading numerous sites: he has been downloading ISIS videos since 2007; he lived within walking distance of the only mosque in Alaska; once again he was known to the authorities and deemed not to be a threat (if you ask me the method with which the authorities assess risks/threats needs to be revamped); and he had mental health issues that have not been addressed adequately---he was hearing voices per his brother. How a man like this gets on a plane after checking in his gun and then picking it up afterwards so he can shoot the folks in the airport which he purposefully went there to do is just beyond me. We really need to be like the Israelis who have specialized their screening methods at airports to avoid these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-making-ISIS)

Things that stand out after reading numerous sites: he has been downloading ISIS videos since 2007; he lived within walking distance of the only mosque in Alaska; once again he was known to the authorities and deemed not to be a threat (if you ask me the method with which the authorities assess risks/threats needs to be revamped); and he had mental health issues that have not been addressed adequately---he was hearing voices per his brother. How a man like this gets on a plane after checking in his gun and then picking it up afterwards so he can shoot the folks in the airport which he purposefully went there to do is just beyond me. We really need to be like the Israelis who have specialized their screening methods at airports to avoid these situations.
    There's one of two problems with the authorities when it comes to Islam.

1) people are that dumb to what Quran teaches and are afraid to actually investigate them properly because of our wonderful PC culture

2) governments really want these kinds of people there

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Watcher View Post
    This kind of thing hits close to home. One of my granddaughters recently became a TSA agent.
    Close to home for me also! My husband works in commercial aviation and we live in Florida. My husband is always in different airports all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    There's one of two problems with the authorities when it comes to Islam.

1) people are that dumb to what Quran teaches and are afraid to actually investigate them properly because of our wonderful PC culture

2) governments really want these kinds of people there
    and a corollary of those:
    3) The investigative agencies of our government are infested with those loyal to the Muslim Brootherhood.
    (and that is one reason I know, in spite of Trumps intentions, the downfall of the US is now certain)