Thread: Report: Advanced Russian missiles discovered in Syria

Default Report: Advanced Russian missiles discovered in Syria

I don't know if this is legit news site but if true, wow.

https://worldisraelnews.com/report-a...ered-in-syria/

An Israeli spy satellite reportedly discovered advanced Russian mobile ballistic missiles stored in Syria.

Israel’s “Eros B” satellite has taken high-definition photos of Russian “Iskander” missiles being transported on trucks inside an army base in Latakia, western Syria, Israel’s Channel 2 reported.
    Iskander missiles are among the most advanced in Russia’s possession, with a range of up to 500 kilometers and the capacity to deliver nuclear warheads within seven7 meters of a target.
    The satellite pictures of the Iskander missiles would be the first proof that Russia has transferred such advanced weapons to Syria.

Until now, the Russians have kept their missiles out of sight in secret Syrian locations. When strong rainstorms hit the region, however, they were forced to transfer them to different locations, using trucks.

The Eros B satellite was able to capture images of the missiles during these transfers.

By: World Israel News Staff

It would be interesting to learn whether or not they are the export version. In other words, are they there for Assad or are they in place for the Russians themselves...
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

export version?....I want one...I slept thru new years celebration

Interesting...........perhaps Russia was planning to use them on Israel at a furture time???

Google "Iskander missiles Syria" and see how many news sources are reporting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambassador View Post
    Google "Iskander missiles Syria" and see how many news sources are reporting this.
    The reporting is coming out of Israel with others picking up on it... but not much from America's liberal media, from what I could see.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    The reporting is coming out of Israel with others picking up on it... but not much from America's liberal media, from what I could see.
    [/surly remark mode]I doubt America's MSM would report on anything in the mid-east unless they could find a way to blame Trump for it. [/surly remark mode]

I had to look that one up. There are so many weapons in that theater, it requires a spread sheet to keep track of them all. Iskander is an important one, though. Nearly impossible to defend against.