Thread: I don't know what to do, but this ain't it.

Default I don't know what to do, but this ain't it.

Guys, I'm struggling. I'm working in a job that I hate. I've been doing the same thing since 2007, I'm pretty good at it, but I go into work every day and hate my job. I don't know what I see myself doing until I get ready to retire, but I know this isn't it. Any advice (in addition to prayer) in finding my path?

- J

Quote Originally Posted by HillBillyHero View Post
    Guys, I'm struggling. I'm working in a job that I hate. I've been doing the same thing since 2007, I'm pretty good at it, but I go into work every day and hate my job. I don't know what I see myself doing until I get ready to retire, but I know this isn't it. Any advice (in addition to prayer) in finding my path?

- J
    Let the job pay the bills, but cultivate an outside hobby that you enjoy. It might be music, it might be writing, it might be art, it could be volunteer work. If you get good at the hobby, a door might open that would allow it to pay the bills.
    --------Eric H. Bowen

16 inch Armor Piercing: When you care enough to send the very, very, best!

Quote Originally Posted by HillBillyHero View Post

- J
    I wish I had advice for you. I know how you feel. I am in the exact same situation.

At a supposed "Christian" owned business I witness and experience some of the most un-christian behavior. I have seen scripture twisted to justify, greed, envy, situational ethics and other reprehensible behavior as "good business". This, combined with the realization that a majority of my work experience is in a field that has become more dishonest, manipulative, adversarial, and contrary to my scriptural values and beliefs, has taken its toll on my health, confidence, and hope. But, I know my hope is not in this world and I pray every day for the leadership to be delivered from these strongholds, or for my path out to be made clear. I will pray for you.

Default Some Good News

Back in May, I was offered a new job. The same kind of work, but with a different company. It is leaps and bounds better than where I was. Thank you to everyone who prayed for my situation.

Just wanted to let you know that just because you did not get alot of comments does not mean that people did not pray for you. I remember praying for you and am so happy to hear that you got a new job!!!

Thanks for sharing that good news!
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that just because you did not get alot of comments does not mean that people did not pray for you. I remember praying for you and am so happy to hear that you got a new job!!!
    No worries. I know folks pray even if they don't reply. I really appreciate it.