Thread: On-Point Quote!

Yay! On-Point Quote!

I love this recent quote from Jan Markell. I'm unsure of her teachings but totally agree with her statement:

Jan Markell, founder of Olive Tree Ministries, host of the radio show “Understanding the Times” and co-author of the book “Trapped in Hitler’s Hell,” says what is truly shocking is how those outside the faith are more focused on eschatology than are Christians.

“Religious Jews are more excited about Messiah’s return than Christians are,” Markell told WND. “Muslims are more anticipatory about their Mahdi’s return than are Christians about Jesus’s return. This shows the deplorable state of the church today that is ‘majoring in minors.’ They have their finance seminars and marriage conferences but have shoved the idea of the Lord’s imminent return not just to the back burner, perhaps to the back yard.”

Markell pointed to various signs of how Jewish leaders are preparing for the arrival of the Messiah and the construction of the Third Temple, including:

A call by the Israeli rabbinical council involved with re-establishing the Sanhedrin for concrete construction plans.
    “Red heifers” needed for ritual purposes being raised in the Holy Land.
    The construction of an altar for use in sacrificial services.
    “I am not so sure that in my lifetime I will see more than a remnant of Christians this anticipatory for the Lord’s return,” mourned Markell.

As a “pre-Tribulation” believer, Markell believes the rapture could occur at any moment. She calls for both increased attention by Christians to the subject of the end times and dedication to the Jewish state of Israel.
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

I absolutely love Jan Markell. Her podcasts come out every Saturday morning, and she has a great line up guests. See the link below, for those who are not familiar with her ministry--it's really worth the listen. Concerning the Jews preparing for the third temple, I think we're just waiting for that great moment (not the rapture), or catalyst, when God reveals His glory to the secular Jewish nation, and they are driven to build the temple. I personally think Ezekiel 38 & 39 could fit that scenario.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/u...-times/listen/

I enjoy Jan's show as well. This last week she had Dr Andy Woods on.

She seems pretty on point to me, too. I actually spoke to her recently. She said her and her ministry were working around the clock just to keep up with prophetic news. I could see where that would be especially true.

Diane
    Diane

Quote Originally Posted by poc4dw View Post
    She seems pretty on point to me, too. I actually spoke to her recently. She said her and her ministry were working around the clock just to keep up with prophetic news. I could see where that would be especially true.

Diane
    I totally agree with the OP!

I left such a church in December. I was recently saved. That church had all those finance classes and marriage counseling and refused to teach Genesis, end times because they were controversial. Yet openly supported BLM.

My daughter recently saw how bad the old church was. A group of her classmates were discussing end times and one of her classmates attends the old church. He made a comment about wanting to know what was on the last page of the Bible. My daughter was able to witness to him about Revelation how close we are according to Daniel Ezekiel and Jesus and told him we left that church (she was in the youth group with him) because no one there wanted to talk about how close Jesus is and talked about the 10 virgins parable.

All it reminds me of is Revelation 3:16-17
    “So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.”
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

My daughter recently saw how bad the old church was. A group of her classmates were discussing end times and one of her classmates attends the old church. He made a comment about wanting to know what was on the last page of the Bible. My daughter was able to witness to him about Revelation how close we are according to Daniel Ezekiel and Jesus and told him we left that church (she was in the youth group with him) because no one there wanted to talk about how close Jesus is and talked about the 10 virgins parable.
    BorrowedTime,
    That's so awesome!!

I had a recent exchange with my 17 year old daughter that left me giddy. She woke up, came downstairs, looked at me intently and said, "We're going home soon."

I sure hope these kiddos know something I don't!!

Your SIC,
    Diane
    Diane

BorrowedTime,
    That's so awesome!!

I had a recent exchange with my 17 year old daughter that left me giddy. She woke up, came downstairs, looked at me intently and said, "We're going home soon."

Your SIC,
    Diane
    The Bible speaks of :
    Acts 2:17 “‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

Joel 2:28 [ The Day of the Lord ] “And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.

Your daughter seems right on point with the times, Diane!
    This world is not my home. I'm just passing through. If heaven's not my home, O Lord, what would I do? The angels beckon me from heaven's open door, and I can't feel at home in this world anymore."
    Complete justice for us will come only "when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels" (v. 7).

BorrowedTime,
    That's so awesome!!

Your SIC,
    Diane
    It's been amazing to hear from my children the opportunities they have to witness. Unfortunately I don't get those opportunities at work but my and a Christian co-worker have been having more open discussions because they allow habjibs to be worn around work and that's an open statement of faith. I'm comfortable using my 1st amendment rights as I'm not going from cubicle to cubicle preaching but if others can be open I can as well.

God's helped me see how when I was their age the combination of salvation+works, evolution, new age being plausible led to me going astray. God equipped me and I shared the Bible (and science) to help strengthen them. I wish I had the armor on that our kids are wearing when I was their age!
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

I wish I had the armor on that our kids are wearing when I was their age!
    I know right?! Sometimes my 17 year old has more faith than I. It's awesome and humbling.
    Diane

BorrowedTime,
    That's so awesome!!

Your SIC,
    Diane

Romans 8:28 <--- Favorite Verse, that brought me a lot of peace over the years.

BorrowedTime,
    That's so awesome!!

Your SIC,
    Diane
    I also have a 17 year old daughter she plans to go into nursing after high school, but she has stated many times that she feels like she will not finish nursing school or even if she will start it. In our house we openly discuss the end times & how everything that is going on in the world is pointing to the fact we have very little time left. Even when my 23 year old was in high school she openly witnessed to classmates carried her Bible with her to school. She even told classmates where we lived to go to our home after the rapture & they would find things that could help them understand what will happen. We have videos, Bibles, she even wrote out scripture in numerous notebooks. We plan to have a detailed letter explaining what they can do to be saved & where to go in the Bible for any questions they have. Also plan to leave websites they can visit to help them better understand what is going on especially when the antichrist steps on the scene.
    Neither will their silver nor their gold will be able to save them on the day of the Lord's wrath. In the fire of His jealousy the whole world will be consumed, for He will make a sudden end of all who live in the earth. Zephaniah 1:18

Even when my 23 year old was in high school she openly witnessed to classmates carried her Bible with her to school. She even told classmates where we lived to go to our home after the rapture & they would find things that could help them understand what will happen. We have videos, Bibles, she even wrote out scripture in numerous notebooks. We plan to have a detailed letter explaining what they can do to be saved & where to go in the Bible for any questions they have. Also plan to leave websites they can visit to help them better understand what is going on especially when the antichrist steps on the scene.
    watching4him,
    That's very sweet of you and your kiddos! You obviously care deeply about your children's peers. I do, too. Good job!

Diane
    Diane

I love Jan Markel! She made an excellent point! I long for Jesus to come soon!
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

BorrowedTime,
    That's so awesome!!

Your SIC,
    Diane

Reading your post gave me goose bumps. I think all of us are hoping to go home very very soon!!!

Thank you cricket55! Gave me goosebumps too!

What's weird is that she normally doesn't think the Rapture will happen soon - because she has plans for the future. She goes by feelings rather than facts.

Except this time.

Out of the mouths of babes, I say. Although she may be incorrect, the anticipation is half the fun.

Diane
    Diane

Thank you cricket55! Gave me goosebumps too!

What's weird is that she normally doesn't think the Rapture will happen soon - because she has plans for the future. She goes by feelings rather than facts.

Except this time.

Out of the mouths of babes, I say. Although she may be incorrect, the anticipation is half the fun.

Diane
    We had a recently saved youth testify after the youth group weekend retreat (God has done AMAZING things with them) and he pointed out the world is going down, people need Jesus and time is running out.

The babes are such a breath of fresh air.

The babes are such a breath of fresh air.
    Agreed. It's also amazing when I see God helping my kids. A while back my teenage daughter and I were sitting in our parked car discussing her future career. She wants to incorporate mission work (evangelizing to other countries) into her future but is unsure how.

Suddenly a young man approached the car asking for donations for his youth group's upcoming mission trip to evangelize in a foreign country.

It was as though God personally answered her.

I am so thankful the Lord cares of my children.

Diane
    Diane

Agreed. It's also amazing when I see God helping my kids. A while back my teenage daughter and I were sitting in our parked car discussing her future career. She wants to incorporate mission work (evangelizing to other countries) into her future but is unsure how.

Suddenly a young man approached the car asking for donations for his youth group's upcoming mission trip to evangelize in a foreign country.

It was as though God personally answered her.

I am so thankful the Lord cares of my children.

Diane
    Diane, that's a wonderful testimony of how the Lord moves in our lives. I'm sure your daughter was so excited to have that confirmation! Praise the Lord!