Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Speeding up" prophecy?

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Default "Speeding up" prophecy?

I have noted several times recently that folks are referring to this or that current event as possibly being a mechanism that might "speed up" prophecy.

Makes me scratch my bald spot raw.

Yes! Prophecy is undeniably speeding up! Matthew 24:8 gives us a perfect example of the process - the birth pangs of a woman in labor.

But I doubt that any single geopolitical happening will, in and of itself, "speed up" the process in the same manner as a shot of pitocin speeds up and strengthens labor contractions.

It is enough for me to know we're in the season and privileged to witness these pre birth events unfold.

Some women experience a rapid onset of labor, others experience a protracted labor lasting many hours. Most, fall somewhere in between the extremes.

Our Blessed Hope will see its fulfillment at God's appointed time.

But let our watch always be sober, and our witness to the lost be not corrupted by newspaper eisegesis when it is entirely possible the real birth pangs have not yet begun and we are merely witnesses to Braxton-Hicks contractions.

My prayer: Even so, come soon Lord Jesus! In the meantime, let our witness be one that glorifies you! And let our witness focus not so much upon the "when" of your coming for your Bride, no instead, let our focus be on your promise of a life eternal beyond our best possible imagining for those who will simply trust in you for salvation. Amen.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post
    I have noted several times recently that folks are referring to this or that current event as possibly being a mechanism that might "speed up" prophecy.

...It is enough for me to know we're in the season and privileged to witness these pre birth events unfold.

...But let our watch always be sober, and our witness to the lost be not corrupted by newspaper eisegesis when it is entirely possible the real birth pangs have not yet begun and we are merely witnesses to Braxton-Hicks contractions.

...My prayer: Even so, come soon Lord Jesus! In the meantime, let our witness be one that glorifies you! And let our witness focus not so much upon the "when" of your coming for your Bride, no instead, let our focus be on your promise of a life eternal beyond our best possible imagining for those who will simply trust in you for salvation. Amen.
    Thanks. I was trying to figure out a way to say much the same thing.
    God was not all that impressed with previous predictions of His Second Coming,
    and I wouldn't be surprised if He were not that impressed with those of today.

Our Lord will return on His Own Timetable.
    Not ours.

lol

Yes! Prophecy is undeniably speeding up! Matthew 24:8 gives us a perfect example of the process - the birth pangs of a woman in labor.

But I doubt that any single geopolitical happening will, in and of itself, "speed up" the process in the same manner as a shot of pitocin speeds up and strengthens labor contractions.

It is enough for me to know we're in the season and privileged to witness these pre birth events unfold.

Some women experience a rapid onset of labor, others experience a protracted labor lasting many hours. Most, fall somewhere in between the extremes.

Our Blessed Hope will see its fulfillment at God's appointed time.

But let our watch always be sober, and our witness to the lost be not corrupted by newspaper eisegesis when it is entirely possible the real birth pangs have not yet begun and we are merely witnesses to Braxton-Hicks contractions.

My prayer: Even so, come soon Lord Jesus! In the meantime, let our witness be one that glorifies you! And let our witness focus not so much upon the "when" of your coming for your Bride, no instead, let our focus be on your promise of a life eternal beyond our best possible imagining for those who will simply trust in you for salvation. Amen.
    I think people mean no harm and it's hard not to wonder where some current events seem strongly correlated.
    Kudos on the birthing analogies! When we get to transitions, are at 10cm and are "candle blowing" then I guess we'll know how really close we are!
    Toots

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by BlessdMomUv5 View Post
    I think people mean no harm and it's hard not to wonder where some current events seem strongly correlated.
    Kudos on the birthing analogies! When we get to transitions, are at 10cm and are "candle blowing" then I guess we'll know how really close we are!
    When the baby is near, we're long outta here!

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Like. My bag is packed... I've been watching... surely I won't be kept waiting much longer.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

When the baby is near, we're long outta here!
    I meant that as in collective "we" meaning humans so rather watching the birth from here or above
    Toots

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    Like. My bag is packed... I've been watching... surely I won't be kept waiting much longer.
    HaHa after 5 kiddos I can't help but keep the analogy going... do you have (figuratively) your hospital bag tucked in the trunk of your vehicle? The child safety seat installed? HaHa I do!!
    Toots

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    I have no bags.

I'm leaving all this junk behind!!
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

i posted this on FB and got no,likes or reactions like nobody understood it. heh

keeping my eyes to the sky as the time draws nigh....👀🗾

You don't have a bald spot, you have a 'solar panel'.

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    I have no bags.

Amen! I do keep emergency supplies in the basement for my unsaved loved ones tho! I call them the second-chancers. I hope they pick up my Bible and live long enough to get their second chance...

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
    You don't have a bald spot, you have a 'solar panel'.
    My hubby calls it his flesh-colored kippah!
    Toots

Default Guilty

I'm one who has used the term "speed up" and what I actually meant to imply, was that the vitriol has been
    "accelerated" on the "left".
    I know God's time table isn't not determined by us, and that He knew a long time ago how this election would go, and the ugliness that would result.
    My thoughts are that if Hillary would have gotten in, Christians would have tried to cope as best we can and not go ballistic. But "ugly and nasty" has increased exponentially, and bar a miracle, will continue on it's upswing.
    So for me it's the age-old question of God's will being "set in stone"? We see times where He granted a "reprieve" in the OT, when His people prayed, and it's His prerogative to "tweak" the timing.
    So if He can "slow it down a bit", can He not do the opposite?
    I start to talk like a Calvinist sometimes, and have difficulty in determining if everything was/is pre-determined, or does God indeed make adjustments based our actions?

Quote Originally Posted by madcat View Post
    I'm one who has used the term "speed up" and what I actually meant to imply, was that the vitriol has been
    "accelerated" on the "left".
    I know God's time table isn't not determined by us, and that He knew a long time ago how this election would go, and the ugliness that would result.
    My thoughts are that if Hillary would have gotten in, Christians would have tried to cope as best we can and not go ballistic. But "ugly and nasty" has increased exponentially, and bar a miracle, will continue on it's upswing.
    So for me it's the age-old question of God's will being "set in stone"? We see times where He granted a "reprieve" in the OT, when His people prayed, and it's His prerogative to "tweak" the timing.
    So if He can "slow it down a bit", can He not do the opposite?
    I start to talk like a Calvinist sometimes, and have difficulty in determining if everything was/is pre-determined, or does God indeed make adjustments based our actions?

This is the best my finite mind can make of it.

God is the beginning and the end. Jesus as well. Time is more than likely not something that they have to respond to/adjust for. They live outside of it. Kinda like when you watch a movie. You can rewind/fast forward and view different parts and the characters are interacting (having to make choices) but you can rewatch certain parts.

With Daniel and John it seems this is what occurred for both of them as they were shown end times issues and told to seal them up. They were taken to the end of the film and God showed them prophecy.

Once Adam and Eve were sent out of the Garden of Eden (by the way that story still supports free will as they willingly disobeyed God) we were sent off and the movie started and will end at its scheduled time whenever God has decided it will end.
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

I kind of refer to the Book of Jonah, Jonah 3:10, where the city of Nineveh turned from their sins and put on sack cloth and ashes. You have to admit that they were about to be destroyed, yet their actions postponed the eventual destruction of the city for a generation. For me, I try not to limit God, though He knows what the future holds, He can also change his mind--He's God!

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    I have no bags.
    Kinda what I thought.
    No Bags. God will provide.

Kinda similar to (not saying same):
    "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let the one who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house, and let the one who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak."

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Buzzard View Post
    I kind of refer to the Book of Jonah, Jonah 3:10, where the city of Nineveh turned from their sins and put on sack cloth and ashes. You have to admit that they were about to be destroyed, yet their actions postponed the eventual destruction of the city for a generation. For me, I try not to limit God, though He knows what the future holds, He can also change his mind--He's God!
    Yes, but since He could see the future, He knew they would change, and so He already knew, before He changed His mind, so His decision was still the same ... and we could go slowly insane trying to understand all this ...

When I use the term "speeding up", I am not meaning to imply that our election of Trump has made God speed up, or that our actions directly affect the timing of prophecy. I do believe, however, that God appointed Trump to fulfill at least some prophetic events (moving the embassy could be one) and thus things look to be "speeding up".

Nonetheless, it is clear that Trump's presidency was NOT a part of Satan's plans, and there has been a marked increase in evil, lawlessness, sin, and delusion since Trump was elected. I mean...WOW! The left is (literally at times) foaming at the mouth mad, and seeing how blind and delusional they are is just... I didn't think we would see these levels of craziness pre-Trib. Just the amount of hate is mind-blowing. Since Trump's election there has been a definite divide with good on one side and evil on the other, and that chasm is growing bigger each passing hour.

I do not know exactly what God has in store with Trump (and just disrupting Satan's plans is enough ) but it sure is exciting to see!

Quote Originally Posted by BlessdMomUv5 View Post
    My hubby calls it his flesh-colored kippah!
    I like that!

Default Me too

Quote Originally Posted by crunchymama View Post
    When I use the term "speeding up", I am not meaning to imply that our election of Trump has made God speed up, or that our actions directly affect the timing of prophecy. I do believe, however, that God appointed Trump to fulfill at least some prophetic events (moving the embassy could be one) and thus things look to be "speeding up".

Nonetheless, it is clear that Trump's presidency was NOT a part of Satan's plans, and there has been a marked increase in evil, lawlessness, sin, and delusion since Trump was elected. I mean...WOW! The left is (literally at times) foaming at the mouth mad, and seeing how blind and delusional they are is just... I didn't think we would see these levels of craziness pre-Trib. Just the amount of hate is mind-blowing. Since Trump's election there has been a definite divide with good on one side and evil on the other, and that chasm is growing bigger each passing hour.

I do not know exactly what God has in store with Trump (and just disrupting Satan's plans is enough ) but it sure is exciting to see!
    That's what I was trying to say above. Thanks for explaining it so much better. And today has certainly not been a disappointment in a further sliding into the abyss. It's like you turn your back for one hour and something big has happened. We can't go on like this much longer without extreme civil "unrest" becoming a major every day event. It's not just the known bastions of liberalism, but even in small towns across the US. We are witnessing the breakdown of society, and the followers of Satan are becoming bolder beyond belief. And no one is willing to stop this insane destruction of property, beating people because they have different values, and causing major disruption of transportation, etc.
    I will be shocked if there isn't a problem in Houston tomorrow, at least somewhere in town. It's a very liberal city anyway, but lots of Texans are VERY patriotic. Could be a recipe for disaster. I hope not, but we know the paid protesters are "enroute"as we speak.
    Jesus,come quickly.

I will be shocked if there isn't a problem in Houston tomorrow, at least somewhere in town. It's a very liberal city anyway, but lots of Texans are VERY patriotic. Could be a recipe for disaster. I hope not, but we know the paid protesters are "enroute"as we speak.
    Jesus,come quickly.

Houston ?

added later: oh, yeah, superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchymama View Post

Great post! I agree with what youve stated, especially the sides being divided. It does seem like good vs evil. Glad Im on Jesus's side! Its going to be an awful, horrific time for the left if they are unrepentant.

Keeping Trump, his family, administration, and supporters in prayer.