Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trump supports a two state solution

One of the principles of Jewish faith enumerated by Maimonides is that one day there will arise a dynamic Jewish leader, a direct descendant of the Davidic dynasty, who will rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem, and gather Jews from all over the world and bring them back to the Land of Israel.

All the nations of the world will recognize Moshiach to be a world leader, and will accept his dominion. In the messianic era there will be world peace, no more wars nor famine, and, in general, a high standard of living.

------
    Our prophets speak of the advent of a human leader, of a magnitude that the world has not yet experienced. His unique example and leadership will inspire mankind to change direction.
    ------
    Maimonides, a great Jewish philosopher and codifier of the 12th century, rules that if we recognize a human being who possesses the superlative qualities ascribed to Moshiach, we may presume that he is the potential Moshiach. If this individual actually succeeds in rebuilding the Temple and gathering in the exiles, then he is the Moshiach.
    I guess these things will characterize the Anti-Christ (False Messiah):

-Dynamic world leader
    -Direct descendant to the throne of David
    -Rebuilds the Temple
    -Gathers Jews from around the world
    -All nations will recognize and accept his dominion
    -Promises world peace, no wars nor famine
    -Promises a high standard of living.

http://www.chabad.org/library/articl...nd-of-Days.htm
    My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness.

Default More Interesting Jewish Beliefs on the Messiah

The Messianic Redemption will be ushered in by a person, a human leader, a descendant of Kings David and Solomon, who will reinstate the Davidic royal dynasty. According to tradition, Moshiach will be wiser than Solomon, and a prophet around the level of Moses.

Ever since the destruction of the Holy Temple, in every generation there is an individual, a scion of the House of David, who has the potential to be the Moshiach. If at any moment the Jews are worthy of redemption, this person would be directed from Above to assume the role of the redeemer.

In every generation there is a scion of the House of David who has the potential to be the Moshiach
    During the Messianic Era, the Moshiach will serve a dual role. He will be a monarch, ruling over all of humanity with kindness and justice, and upholding the law of the Torah—613 commandments for the Jews, and seven for the non-Jews. He will also be the ultimate teacher, the conduit for the deepest and most profound dimensions of the Torah which will then be revealed by G‑d.

How are we to identify the Moshiach?

Moshiach is not identified by his ability to perform earth-shattering miracles. In fact, he isn't required to perform any miracles at all (although the performance of miracles doesn't disqualify him either).

The following are the criteria for identifying the Moshiach, as written by Maimonides:

If we see a Jewish leader who (a) toils in the study of Torah and is meticulous about the observance of the mitzvot, (b) influences the Jews to follow the ways of the Torah and (c) wages the "battles of G‑d"—such a person is the "presumptive Moshiach."

If the person succeeded in all these endeavors, and then rebuilds the Holy Temple in Jerusalem and facilitates the ingathering of the Jews to the Land of Israel—then we are certain that he is the Moshiach.
    http://www.chabad.org/library/moshia...The-Basics.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Koalie View Post
    Yep, and Netanyahu even said during their joint press conference that he's known Jared for many years. I'm sure he trusts him.
    I wondered about that too. Interesting.
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Netanyahu has known Kushner for years? Wow.

It's encouraging that one of the first orders of President Trump was to meet with PM Netanyahu and express his goal of a peace deal. He was, in fact, speaking of this before he was officially president.

Diane
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

He will see that Israel is treated fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by poc4dw View Post
    Netanyahu has known Kushner for years? Wow.

It's encouraging that one of the first orders of President Trump was to meet with PM Netanyahu and express his goal of a peace deal. He was, in fact, speaking of this before he was officially president.

Diane
    He said he knew Kushner since he was a little boy (so Kushner's family). Even made a joke that Kushner was never "little". To me, Trump seemed slightly taken aback that Netanyahu revealed that.

These are very interesting quotes. It certainly shows how easily the Jews will be taken in by the AC.

Top Israeli Minister Says Real Chance for Peace With Trump

Israel Public Security Minister Gil’ad Erdan on Monday said that with US President Donald Trump rewriting the rule of Mideast peacemaking, there was now a real chance for a genuine agreement between the Jewish state and its Arab neighbors.

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/NewsIte...5/Default.aspx